Zach McCloud Question

Advertisement
I
Why do I have a feeling McCloud isn’t going to want to play (like he already stated) and Manny attempts to convince him to play Instead of redshirting and this becomes a thing
I was thinking the same thing. He'll make McCloud feel guilty putting himself before the team. But, I say "F" that. Kid has 1 year left and wants to play a full year. We're not winning the Coastal, so don't burn his shirt. Manny should have been cross training Brooks from jump street. We were short handed at LB when the season started. Yet, another coaching mistake. Brooks is the fastest LB we have. He should be a natural at outside LB and Shaq can tell him what to do on each play. They should have had Brooks playing backup for Shaq and Pinkney from day 1. They shouldn't make McCloud cover for their ***.

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. He'll make McCloud feel guilty putting himself before the team. But, I say "F" that. Kid has 1 year left and wants to play a full year. We're not winning the Coastal, so don't burn his shirt. Manny should have been cross training Brooks from jump street. We were short handed at LB when the season started. Yet, another coaching mistake. Brooks is the fastest LB we have. He should be a natural at outside LB and Shaq can tell him what to do on each play. They should have had Brooks playing backup for Shaq and Pinkney from day 1. They shouldn't make McCloud cover for their ***.
\

Why would you sat that without a single shred of proof or evidence to support it?

Why do I have a feeling McCloud isn’t going to want to play (like he already stated) and Manny attempts to convince him to play Instead of redshirting and this becomes a thing

Because it's a great narrative, regardless of whether it has a shred of backing or not.

McCloud asked to be red shirted Manny agreed to it. If McCloud is needed he should play period. This is Manny's team. Not the McCloud show. This is about winning football games. When the players make the decisions you are in trouble!!
Not true. We are not playing in any meaningful games to burn his redshirt

If I'm McCloud, I'm sitting my *** down. I tell the coaching staff you shouldn't played me in that meaninglessness game against Bethune Cookman.
If I'm coach and YOU tell me what to do. You're gone off the team. Players don't tell coaches what to do

Advertisement
McCloud asked to be red shirted Manny agreed to it. If McCloud is needed he should play period. This is Manny's team. Not the McCloud show. This is about winning football games. When the players make the decisions you are in trouble!!

You should never force a player to play if he wants to redshirt. Let's not forget that's the same B.S. Auburn did last year with their FR RB and burned a whole year of his eligibility.

These are grown men and not kids. This is not little league football. As a grown man he can speak his mind
Yea Manny’s screwed himself here. McCloud has him by the balls should he choose to use that power. Manny can’t make him go in the game and I assume Zach is on track to graduate and can grad transfer after the season. Manny has botched this situation from every angle.

Advertisement
Pink is back for the Semenholes. Brooks needs to be ready to go though. No more Ragu sauce please. Maybe he's serviceable in 2020.

Advertisement
I honestly I want him to play and burn his shirt cause he’s entire body of work over the course of 4 yrs suggest he’s not going to get any better. I believe Brooks is already even with Mcloud but Shanny will play seniority or talent next year

I honestly I want him to play and burn his shirt cause he’s entire body of work over the course of 4 yrs suggest he’s not going to get any better. I believe Brooks is already even with Mcloud but Shanny will play seniority or talent next year
Did you not watch the last game? Mccloud looks like he can be a factor

Did you not watch the last game? Mccloud looks like he can be a factor

Looks like the light may have finally come on for him. That would be a huge for our defense next year. Huge. The DL and secondary will already be good to go..if we can get the LBs up to speed this defense can return to elite status next year.

Advertisement
Back