Zach Feagles gets Miami offer

I'd gladly give up multiple scholarships yearly if it meant having a consistent kicking game. I don't enjoy saying it and many fail to acknowledge it but effing kicking can often win or lose you multiple games a year. ****, even if it's just one game a year it's worth the investment.

Ask FSU what kicking did for their program. They had a kicker in Robero Aguayo who was like that All-World kicker on "The Simpsons"...dude couldn't miss and won a lot of games by putting 3 on the board consistently. Kickers and Punters are essential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=499avgermzc I can't help but think of this hahah greatest moment ever

Advertisement
If his dad's got any dough left he should walk on.

I don't know Feagles financial situation but that old "the kid earned a scholarship" schtick is pretty lame with the offspring of pro athletes that you know can easily afford the tuition.

If I was a successful NFL player, I'd HOPE to have set myself up financially so I could pay for my kid to go to college. Also, if he wanted to play at my alma mater I would be especially proud, and would want to help the school as well by paying his way, reserving a scholarship for another player. If he wanted to go to FSU, I might demand a scholarship.
If his dad's got any dough left he should walk on.

I don't know Feagles financial situation but that old "the kid earned a scholarship" schtick is pretty lame with the offspring of pro athletes that you know can easily afford the tuition.

Why waste $50k a year when you could use that your son's grad school if he doesn't make the NFL? Or for a house? Seed money for a business.

$200k is a lot of money.

Why waste $50k a year when you could use that your son's grad school if he doesn't make the NFL? Or for a house? Seed money for a business.

$200k is a lot of money.

That very well may be the case for Feagles. I'm talking some other instances where the pro athlete/celebrity parent is probably worth substantially more than a retired punter but their kid takes the scholarship as some sort of source of pride deal. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't at least one of Snoop or Puffy's kids on scholarship at UCLA too? Yeah, having a kid of someone famous on your team can help in other aspects and the dad could even be donating other funds but at the end of the day that scholarship spot is still being taken by someone just for ego purposes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
According to Rivals today, Feagles has Miami in front (surprise) and will announce soon....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back