Zach Dykstra

His film is really bad, I never watched it but ****, what an awful evaluation. Dudes getting pushed backed by kids that look like they way 190lb.

His film was great!! I never watched it either but he looked great versus DL men that look to be twice his size. Pushing them around as if they were made outta paper!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn’t hold my breath, but I didn’t think Mahoney or Jones would play either.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t hold my breath, but I didn’t think Mahoney or Jones would play either.

I agree. I didn't think Mahoney or Jones would ever play meaningful snaps here either, yet we saw a lot of them this season, and what we saw was inconsistent play at best. You see practices DMoney, what gives?

Even bigger question mark to me is Herbert. Have not heard a word about him and he was a huge recruiting win.

Advertisement
This is what I have been talking about on here...the bottom like...1/4 to 1/3 of the roster is totally unusable. I'd be willing to give Dykstra (he's only a RS Fr) more time, but Searles doesn't exactly develop anyone, because he, himself, stinks. Unfortunately, Dykstra is destined to be Bar Milo as far as I can see.

Then people like to neg and flat out disagree when you suggest we need grad transfers and JUCO players. These are the types of players you need - in theory, if you identify and evaluate correctly - to supplement that bottom 1/4 of the roster. It helps correct mistakes and gives you someone that can at least eat snaps for you.

OL is one of the worst units from a depth perspective.

Out of 15 scholarship offensive linemen, we had three unusable players - not even worthy of special teams snaps in Milo, Brown Jr., and Dykstra. Then you've got three of those linemen that were specifically chosen for redshirts - Cleveland Reed, Corey Gaynor, and John Campbell - because they have legitimate potential, but need a developmental year.

So, right away, you've got 15 scholarship players reduced to 9 currently usable players. KaiLeon Herbert was injured. Another redshirt. Down to 8. You've got your five starters (lets say Boulware is a starter) and your reserve players were Jones, Mahoney, and Hillery.

And then you wonder why we need JUCO and Grad Transfer players. We can't even sport a legit two deep at this point and you are relying on a big jump next year from those redshirt players (Reed, Gaynor, and Campbell) because we are losing two long time starters on the OL (Gauthier and St. Louis).

Times is tough on that OL and we got some trash on there that will play significant snaps. Times is tough.

If we are being real, Miami should make it the highest priority, not only for a Grad Transfer, but a JUCO as well, to mix in with a few freshman, especially since we have swung and missed on all of the top OL talent this year and are rummaging the mid-tier P5 3* aisle.

This is what I have been talking about on here...the bottom like...1/4 to 1/3 of the roster is totally unusable. I'd be willing to give Dykstra (he's only a RS Fr) more time, but Searles doesn't exactly develop anyone, because he, himself, stinks. Unfortunately, Dykstra is destined to be Bar Milo as far as I can see.

Then people like to neg and flat out disagree when you suggest we need grad transfers and JUCO players. These are the types of players you need - in theory, if you identify and evaluate correctly - to supplement that bottom 1/4 of the roster. It helps correct mistakes and gives you someone that can at least eat snaps for you.

OL is one of the worst units from a depth perspective.

Out of 15 scholarship offensive linemen, we had three unusable players - not even worthy of special teams snaps in Milo, Brown Jr., and Dykstra. Then you've got three of those linemen that were specifically chosen for redshirts - Cleveland Reed, Corey Gaynor, and John Campbell - because they have legitimate potential, but need a developmental year.

So, right away, you've got 15 scholarship players reduced to 9 currently usable players. KaiLeon Herbert was injured. Another redshirt. Down to 8. You've got your five starters (lets say Boulware is a starter) and your reserve players were Jones, Mahoney, and Hillery.

And then you wonder why we need JUCO and Grad Transfer players. We can't even sport a legit two deep at this point and you are relying on a big jump next year from those redshirt players (Reed, Gaynor, and Campbell) because we are losing two long time starters on the OL (Gauthier and St. Louis).

Times is tough on that OL and we got some trash on there that will play significant snaps. Times is tough.

If we are being real, Miami should make it the highest priority, not only for a Grad Transfer, but a JUCO as well, to mix in with a few freshman, especially since we have swung and missed on all of the top OL talent this year and are rummaging the mid-tier P5 3* aisle.

Exactly my man.

And that’s why we need to recruit those guys because they will be somewhat developed bc if anything guys digress under Searels

If we keep recruiting the way we are now we will have a mid tier power 5 or below oline bc Searels sure isn’t gonna develop any of them and cmr sure as **** won’t do anything to mask weaknesses

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big dudes look at themselves with I'm a BIG MAN type mindset and feel that alone makes them a stud......NOT.

It only gives you them frame work to build a BEAST ,it's there choice to walk through there four years and leave unnoticed or take ownership of there opportunity and train to become a BEAST and take a SHOT at the title.

How these kids with all the tools and gifts stand idly by and let there gifts die slowly till it's to late and say
"OH WHAT HAVE I DONE" is a mystery to me.

Soon they'll be asking paper or plastic and get flipped a quarter tip.......SUCH A WASTE.

I have never seen Dykstras film before. That was bad. Did not finish and looked slow. This kid will need a lot of time.

Advertisement
Back