Z’s prospect Watch: South Dakota QB Chase Mason

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Yea, I know “Z, he’s from South Dakota”. Watch the tape before you judge. Prototype size at 6’4 212 with a lot of room to still grow. Good arm with accuracy especially on the move so we would be able to do roll outs and expect big play. Plus athlete for a kid his size at QB and reminds me a bit of Carson Wentz build and athletic wise. Only 2 offers with the best one being Fresno State but I’m not concerned because of everything going on and he’s from South Dakota. Needs a little work technique wise but he should be able to compete somewhere 1 year in. Definitely a P5 QB talent wise, just a question of how fast he can adjust.

Advertisement
B8955C71-E39D-47EF-BF07-C91BD9609C96.gif

Good find. Hard to get a feel for his passing but he is a big athlete.

Good find. Hard to get a feel for his passing but he is a big athlete.
I actually wasn’t too worried about it because he is going to have a big time speed adjustment to begin with. He seems accurate and has some juice plus juice to be found with refinement/strength. He’s a redshirt and let come out and compete type of kid.

Yea, I know “Z, he’s from South Dakota”. Watch the tape before you judge. Prototype size at 6’4 212 with a lot of room to still grow. Good arm with accuracy especially on the move so we would be able to do roll outs and expect big play. Plus athlete for a kid his size at QB and reminds me a bit of Carson Wentz build and athletic wise. Only 2 offers with the best one being Fresno State but I’m not concerned because of everything going on and he’s from South Dakota. Needs a little work technique wise but he should be able to compete somewhere 1 year in. Definitely a P5 QB talent wise, just a question of how fast he can adjust.

His video reminds me of Buck Ortega at Gulliver...can he play TE?

Advertisement
Interesting find Z. Hard to know against that level of competition but he’s a big kid with a nice arm. Given our woes at the QB position, we need all the help we can find. Personally I’d rather the dual threat component in Lashlee’s offense but a surgical technician back at the QB helm can be just as deadly.

There is something there. Looks to have P5 ability. He got some talent. Mobile, decent arm, accurate. Definite candidate for a red shirt season. I would not be surprised to hear this kids name again. Maybe not Miami (IDK), but IMO, he will be a QB for somebody.

Advertisement

Im from south dakota, about 40 mins from this guy and had no idea who he was. Interesting.

Advertisement

Interesting Find brotha! I doubt that 6'4" reported height when comparing him to the other players in the videos.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back