Z’s prospect Watch: DE Adam Kissayi

Did you consider GR powerful coming off the edge? I felt it was his size/length (pause) that helped him keep separation and his IQ allowed him to stay calm in pursuit to track down the QB. Often when the QB tried to step up into the pocket.

If this kid lacks power he’ll need to be a student of the game and really learn how use his body to his advantage.
Length is so important in the trenches. First man to get his hands on the other normally wins. On top of that bathed balls, making throwing windows smaller and causing disruption.

Edit : PAUSE

Last edited:
Advertisement
Length is so important in the trenches. First man to get his hands on the other normally wins. On top of that bathed balls, making throwing windows smaller and causing disruption.

Edit : PAUSE
Are we still recruiting TA Cunningham? It's been quite on the board for him and he has the "length " no ho** that you speak of

Thank you for getting back to me and explaining things so well . I always appreciate the opportunity to pick your brain.

P. S. I think you may have misunderstood something in my post. When I wrote "Penny(3-3-5) I wasn't saying that the term Penny came from 3-3-5. I was saying that when someone calls that defense above a 5-1 they are referring to the alignment(5 man front with 1 man in the box behind that front(usually a LB). When someone says it's a 3-3-5 they are telling you the personnel used in that 5-1 alignment. Instead of saying a 5-1 front, that alignment is called a Penny front. So when someone calls it a Penny/3-3-5 they are conveying both alignment(Penny(which is a 5-1) and personnel( the 3-3-5 part which tells you that the personnel consists of 3 DL 3 LB and 5 DB. Do you see what I was trying to say?

Thanks again for the breakdown. I love your posts and love the way you break things down for the layman.
I think so. I can accept that. 🤝

Appreciate the kind words. Hope you’re great.

Advertisement
Yes, the same series that brought you Braylen Pressly, Duece Vaughn, Riley Leonard, and others is back! Get used to it.

Spotlight is fully on Minnesota commit Adam Kissayi. 6’7 230 DE from Palm Bay that also plays TE and has a soccer background. I was actually astonished that he’s ranked as low as he is. Turn on the tape and you see an NFL athlete with a tremendous body and motor. He’s easily going to play at 270-280. He’s raw but has some basic moves that he uses and he’s got production to match with 8.5 sacks last season. As you watch further on and the start to focus on his run D you’ll see a decent understanding of leverage which is a plus because usually guys his size have to work on it tremendously.

I don’t know how he’s ranked as low as he is but the Gophers are getting a potential gem if they can get him.

he's raw. and needs a lot of coaching and a proper strength program.

but he's got what you can't teach:

he's 6 ft 7 .... covers ground in a few strides, .... and has the a wingspan of a wandering albatross

interesting prospect.

Are we still recruiting TA Cunningham? It's been quite on the board for him and he has the "length " no ho** that you speak of
I think the real question Is where we at with Lc McCray @Cribby ? If we want NFL bodies then no one fits the description better.

Yes, the same series that brought you Braylen Pressly, Duece Vaughn, Riley Leonard, and others is back! Get used to it.

Spotlight is fully on Minnesota commit Adam Kissayi. 6’7 230 DE from Palm Bay that also plays TE and has a soccer background. I was actually astonished that he’s ranked as low as he is. Turn on the tape and you see an NFL athlete with a tremendous body and motor. He’s easily going to play at 270-280. He’s raw but has some basic moves that he uses and he’s got production to match with 8.5 sacks last season. As you watch further on and the start to focus on his run D you’ll see a decent understanding of leverage which is a plus because usually guys his size have to work on it tremendously.

I don’t know how he’s ranked as low as he is but the Gophers are getting a potential gem if they can get him.

Thanks Z. Interesting prospect. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Bigger priorities but maybe a big year at Central changes that. They need to see more.

Last edited:
Decommitted from Minnesota

interesting-wow.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Brought him up....i like his jr film...Hes in an area where we snatched an underrated kid in last class.

Would essentially be flipping him from Minn...I'd like to get in there. Keep this kid hot while whale shooting the long shots.
Yo Geta, you his Dawg and all; but....

Advertisement
Back