Z’s Prospect Watch: Clearwater OT Albert Reese

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Big 6’7 290 LT that is originally from Edmonton and I personally think he’s one of the country’s best kept secrets. He moves very well for a kid that size and looks to be a lengthy kid. He doesn’t have the cleanest footwork but he definitely isn’t choppy and will get better as he gains strength/flexibility He doesn’t have the cleanest technique but you can tell he’s been coached up. Is a good run and pass blocker while having the potential to get better at both. Recently transferred to Clearwater International Academy in Clearwater so I’m interested to see what he looks like in camps. Similar build to Bryant Mckinnie and I think he has NFL potential. Needs a year to clean up and add strength/flexibility but I would expect him to compete and start at RT and eventually moving to LT.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Another benefit to the Canadian player is he older so the 2020 season in the US would be the equivalent of a Prep School year for him.

Here is a copy of his Junior year in Canada. As @Zbrod95 stated you can tell he has been coached up since arriving in Central Florida.

Go Canes

Audio interview with 2021 LT Albert Reese.
@Zbrod95 take a listen, I don't quite know to think of the interview.
(it starts at 2:50 min mark)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Passed by there Saturday and thought, I haven't heard of any top prospects from there in a while. Program solid but no special. Seems Pinellas County would have more top D1 talent.

Advertisement
Really? I thought UCF really wanted this kid.

Schiano is doing what he did before in Recruiting.... he's getting a bunch of 3 Stars with high P5 offers in the north east region... then getting that Low B/High C l level kid in So Florida that he can coach up ...

He has a blueprint of how to recruit Rutgers ... which is why he was the ONLY choice for them...

Jc

Since he committed to Rutgers he’s added Ole Miss and OK ST to his offer list.

Advertisement
Interesting he committed to Schiano. Maybe he wants to be closer to Canada so his parents can visit and watch him play. Would be a project but I could see Justice coaching him into a fine RT

Edmonton Alberta is so far away from New Jersey.

If he wanted to be closer to his family he would have selected Boise St, Washington, Washington State somewhere very far west.

If he flips to anywhere it'll be OK state.
Chubba Hubbard is from Edmonton too.

Guys in western Canada commit to Big 12 teams, guys from ontario commit to Big 10, BC goes to pac 12 and quebec a bit of Big 10 or ACC, usually how it goes.

He'll flip pending what Hubbard tells him.

Advertisement
Back