Z’s Game Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Until LCE is back(if) I’m gonna fill in to this role. I would’ve posted yesterday but as I said in the little thread I pulled up I was disgusted.

Let’s get started!

- QB play leaves more to be desired. D’eriq is solid but he’s no where near a heisman contender. There were times he took unnecessary sacks and also misread coverage. He also has a tendency to force things which I find worrisome as well. He just needs to play like a dual threat guy don’t be afraid to take off for 3. You don’t have the talent to be a pro guy and sling it like Bryce did.

- I understand that Don was hurt in camp but unless he was still hurting he should’ve started this game. Like I said before and posters fought me on, Cam is not a UM caliber back and he never has been. There was a plethora of carries that he could’ve gone 3-4 yards on if he just went forward but instead he’s out there practicing his merengue moves. Don comes in and gets the run action moving forward in all but one run.

- WR is definitely improved with Rambo and Smith. Dare I say X as well. My problem here is gameplanning. Keyshawn and Rambo both have wheels. That was clear. So if we notice then why aren’t the coaches utilizing it. I said in the game thread that both of them are probably 2 of the fastest dudes in the field but there was little intention to get them the ball in space. Same can be said about Mallory. Why the underutilization of the most talented guy on O not named Zion? Even the announcers said it. Why was Will such a non factor?

OL- The entire right side were as useful as parking cones yesterday until Justice came in. He looked like a dude. Hopefully we can start him from now on and maybe give reps to Jarrid at RG. He’s already an RT and that requires a physical, mauling mentality to play. If I’m Justice then I’m giving snaps to Jarrid there and giving him every chance to beat that hippo in 55. Another thing I want to mention is that we need to be increase our usage of the left side. Zion was such the epitome of a 1st rounder that the so called “best player in the country” (Will Anderson) was solely playing majority of his snaps on the right side(when he went in to kill Scaife) and Jalen is talented too. I’m basing our running game on the left side from now on.

Offensive gameplanning - Not even an F. It was a 0 because it wasn’t even turned in for grading.

DL- JHH and Jordan need to be the starters moving forward. JHH was continually getting push and playing in the backfield and Jordan ate his doubles very well and was a factor as well but the overall play of this until is overshadow by poor play particularly at DE. Chantz is the only dude right now that I think can get a continuous pass rush but he’s a horrible run defender. We still have to find a way to play him more though. As far as everybody else they get a 🗑 emoji. It needs serious retooling at DE . If I’m Diaz not only am I expanding the board there but I’m bringing in one more guy than expected plus a transfer.

LB - Flagg and Keontra are bonafide backs but Keontra should be in the box and Corey is just too small and needs to be surrounded by your traditional backers. If our Sam Back is going to be used the way Keontra was used then James Williams need to start there. We’re essentially playing with 1 LBer but James would give us the thump we need while still being a safety. Per usual BJ belongs in the trash can. He plays with a lot of effort. I get that but effort without talent goes on special teams.

CB/S - Get DJ Ivey the **** away from me. Please just move him to safety or somewhere. Other than that, who allowed Manny to start him over Rique and who allow Te’Cory to start over Al Blades? Look coverage wise Te’Cory wasn’t heard from which is a good thing but he was getting dragged. Literally, he was getting draggggeeeeed! He shouldn’t have been going 1 v. 1 vs any Tide RB. He needs to be in the slot, not going against bigger boundary WRs. Another point to be mention is that Kam is your prototype box safety and once Tae comes back he should start next to Bubba. We missed Bubba and I’m almost willing to bet that the throw on that post route isn’t housed if he was playing the CF. Gurvan Hall = bad eval. We’re gonna be better than ok once Bubba is gone though. That’s the one thing we know for sure.

ST- No complaints. Lou was great and Andres had a great first game. Looks to be a banger just like his bro.

Defensive gameplanning: 0.

Wasn’t turned in

Overall: Complain about tackling all you want. You can’t teach them perfect technique but guess what? It means nothing when your opponent is double your size. We are way too small and I’ve told you guys since Richt that we’re small. Y’all complained about Golden making us look like cheeseburgers but we’re the smallest we’re ever been because we recruit small players. It’s got nothing to do with Feeley. When we give him somebody with size they look like somebody with size but these small tweener backers, CBs like Te’Cory, and WRs like Mike Harley aren’t winning you ****. Look at the build of Bama’s “small” WRs and then look at our and you’re gonna see a clear difference. Until we change our recruiting philosophy and the body types we look for this is gonna happen. That has to change before we even talk about gameplanning because gameplanning aside they had Bama reeling that 3rd quarter. 2 fumbles occurred and we got 13 points and then they quit. It didn’t matter that they could’ve changed the entire narrative of that game. They quit. That falls on Manny, who he recruits, and what he allows to happen.

On to App St to bounce back! Go Canes!

Advertisement
Nope not buying the oh this is size. This was all lack of preparation. You small you get their fast and smash knees, like Ohio did to us un 2002. Its that simple. We will face alot of spread offenses and when Golden had those big players we look absolutely horrible. Golden was a better coach than Diaz but he would not get rid of No D which prevented kids from trusting him. Diaz I still feel he will make enough moves to win but the on field gameplanning is doing my head in. We should have been prime Texas Tech under Leech, slanging the ball every **** where. Lashlee calling that 3rd and 7 dive on the first drive was the biggest surrender i seen...
With a 6th year QB older than NFL rookies. Bad

Nope not buying the oh this is size. This was all lack of preparation. You small you get their fast and smash knees, like Ohio did to us un 2002. Its that simple. We will face alot of spread offenses and when Golden had those big players we look absolutely horrible. Golden was a better coach than Diaz but he would not get rid of No D which prevented kids from trusting him. Diaz I still feel he will make enough moves to win but the on field gameplanning is doing my head in. We should have been prime Texas Tech under Leech, slanging the ball every **** where. Lashlee calling that 3rd and 7 dive on the first drive was the biggest surrender i seen...
With a 6th year QB older than NFL rookies. Bad
Ok, don’t believe me. It’s not like that’s exactly what happened our anything. You want video of Te’Cory couched, who’s known to be a great tackler, being dragged by Trey Sanders like he was tied to the back of him over and over again? Is it isn’t 1985. Being faster than other teams doesn’t exist anymore unless you’re Alabama….who are also double your size.

parakeet.gif

Advertisement
Some people dont understand bama roster is NFL type, no point in arguing bruh the draft speaks for itself.
This board lives in 1985. I literally just added that Te’Cory Couch, a sure handed tackler, was dragged countless times by these dudes. You literally couldn’t miss it. Being faster than people doesn’t exist anymore unless you are Bama who btw are also bigger than you.

This board lives in 1985. I literally just added that Te’Cory Couch, a sure handed tackler, was dragged countless times by these dudes. You literally couldn’t miss it. Being faster than people doesn’t exist anymore unless you are Bama who btw are also bigger than you.
They are in denial the stupidest fan base I have ever known. It's if your 20 playing backyard football vs 13 year old.....any mistake u make u will recover and any play they throw at u your talent is too much. There was no scheme yesterday that keeps that game close.

Ok, don’t believe me. It’s not like that’s exactly what happened our anything. You want video of Te’Cory couched, who’s known to be a great tackler, being dragged by Trey Sanders like he was tied to the back of him over and over again? Is it isn’t 1985. Being faster than other teams doesn’t exist anymore unless you’re Alabama….who are also double your size.
Who is disputing that Bama has bigger players than us. You ever seen NFL RBs truck sticking NFL CBs. They can truck stick Bama and Ohio St CBs. They beat Ohio St 52-24. If you are a smaller player, you aim for these man knees. Our players look like they never knew how to tackle anybody, whether bigger or smaller than them. High diving before even breaking down in space. No one is living in the 80s or whatever era we had thats been well and truly over.

They are in denial the stupidest fan base I have ever known. It's if your 20 playing backyard football vs 13 year old.....any mistake u make u will recover and any play they throw at u your talent is too much. There was no scheme yesterday that keeps that game close.
Yet Ole Miss found a scheme to do so against a Bama team better than this one, so did UF and UF defense was atrocious as well.

Advertisement
Yet Ole Miss found a scheme to do so against a Bama team better than this one, so did UF and UF defense was atrocious as well.
They’re not a small team. Go look at their depth chart. There’s a bunch of dudes with prototype frames on their roster. They don’t go out of their way to promote a philosophy that worked in the 80’s. We do and countless times this very board is proven wrong and they still promote and want coaches who would do that way.

Advertisement
Oooof a couple of terrible “hot takes” in that PORST Z

Couch was one of the top two tacklers last night and even had a one on one tackle that negated a 50 yard run for the bama back.

Also Flagg again gets dragged on this site yet he’s the best mike on the team and I thought played admirably against the best team in the nation

Oooof a couple of terrible “hot takes” in that PORST Z

Couch was one of the top two tacklers last night and even had a one on one tackle that negated a 50 yard run for the bama back.

Also Flagg again gets dragged on this site yet he’s the best mike on the team and I thought played admirably against the best team in the nation

Where are the hot takes you speak of? Te’Cory was dragged all game because they were triple his size and Flagg did play well. He was just too small. I never criticized their play.

All the “hot takes” that you’re saying I said aren’t what I said.

Advertisement
Miller? One of the lasting memories I have of that game is the Bama tailback squaring up on Miller and running him right the *** over and Miller on his back.

Where are the hot takes you speak of? Te’Cory was dragged all game because they were triple his size and Flagg did play well. He was just too small. I never criticized their play.

All the “hot takes” that you’re saying I said aren’t what I said.
Agree to disagree but couch wasn’t even on my radar for embarrassing performances or getting dragged….

Hard to beat alligator arm Ivey or terrible angle on the killing TD run by Hall.

Agree to disagree but couch wasn’t even on my radar for embarrassing performances or getting dragged….

Hard to beat alligator arm Ivey or terrible angle on the killing TD run by Hall.
If you want to deny what happened to Te’Cory fine. One great open field tackle doesn’t change the countless others she. he was dragged Because he was too small and not strong enough to bring him down.

Miller? One of the lasting memories I have of that game is the Bama tailback squaring up on Miller and running him right the *** over and Miller on his back.
Ok? How does that change him being an effective proponent vs. Bama when there was only one other guy on the Dline that was effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back