Yulkieth Brown

Not disagreeing at all about his talent. Just curious, what position would you be willing to go light on this year where we have 24 ICs (Jarrid Williams) and taking a kicker, so 23 spots left. Would you take him as a 2nd back or only take 1 DE? Not being sarcastic, genuinely interested in your perspective.

Edit, hit post before I was done.
Second back to answer the question imo. My 0question is fans want Ishmael or Davis at DE? Gonna be crazy year if the big dawgs want in we gonna have to drop some kids

Advertisement
Just saw this earlier, the relative quietness of the whole situation is making me think it may be elsewhere than Miami. I know Lashlee really wanted him but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's another school.
To me sound like he excited to join the group and jump on the wave

Advertisement
Ivins just posted an interview with Yulkeith from yesterday. He hears the most from Penn State and Texas A&M. Says he talks daily with Seider from PSU. Has a relationship with him since 8th grade. Speaks occasionally with Jimbo.

Penn State has told Brown that he could line at multiple positions on offense at the next level. Texas A&M has done the same.

"They want to use me as a slot and a running back," Brown said while discussing the Aggies. "I already know [incoming freshman pass rusher Donell Harris] is there, so it wouldn't be hard for me to adapt, really."

Brown has visited Coral Gables multiple times in the past.

"They still hit me up here and there, but it's not like a daily thing," Brown said when asked about the Hurricanes before noting that it's kind of the same with Georgia.

Ivins just posted an interview with Yulkeith from yesterday. He hears the most from Penn State and Texas A&M. Says he talks daily with Seider from PSU. Has a relationship with him since 8th grade. Speaks occasionally with Jimbo.

Penn State has told Brown that he could line at multiple positions on offense at the next level. Texas A&M has done the same.

"They want to use me as a slot and a running back," Brown said while discussing the Aggies. "I already know [incoming freshman pass rusher Donell Harris] is there, so it wouldn't be hard for me to adapt, really."

Brown has visited Coral Gables multiple times in the past.

"They still hit me up here and there, but it's not like a daily thing," Brown said when asked about the Hurricanes before noting that it's kind of the same with Georgia.
Welp

Advertisement
Not coming ... shame on you Manny.

Perhaps Diaz has a more sensitive bullsh#t detector than previous coaches. You've seen Miami flipping kids that were supposedly 100% locks to other schools, so the staff puts in the work when they sense a realistic chance. If they aren't talking to him, my guess is they've determined that they've done all they could do, and if he is still waffling at this point, they aren't going to be left scrambling for a plan Z guy. Others who are nearly as talented (if not equally so) are more interested in getting one of the last couple spots.

So Yul wanted to make his rounds and be courted instead of committing and this is Manny fault?

It's pretty obvious that we've got B. Smith higher on the board, with Brinson locked in and a few other big fish still in play at positions of need I'm not surprised to hear that we're not really pushing all out for a commitment.

I like that the staff is in regular contact though, he's a very good player and I'd be excited to see him in Orange and Green

Advertisement
So go to PSU.. I'm looking at their receiver and game videos on youtube. I don't see anything special. They've had so much attrition up there and folks come on here and cry about guys that want to transfer out of UM..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not coming ... shame on you Manny.

Anyways, its pretty much verbatim what Collins said- "Miami isnt talking to me as much" that tries to make Miami look bad, when everyone knows that Collins plans on flipping so there is no point in spending more time there. If he sticks, great. If he doesn't no big deal, we have other fish to fry.

Collins has portal written all over him , he had everything set here he primed his flip over many months the coaches here aren't ignorant to this.

He was at home here where he could have grown mentally to pressures of D-1 the flip hair sensitive trigger is ready , my question is can this young man go away from home where the butt kiss is over when he arrives and the real world of D-1 comes like train head on. Coaches yelling cramming him with tremendous in rush download he's not TOP DOG like in HS he's all alone in the SEC WORLD oh and throw in classes.

I want him here we can ween him from HS and ease him into D-1 he'll be close to home , if he goes it won't be good for him.

Advertisement
Back