Yulkeith Brown and Amari Daniels

Advertisement
This is one of those threads I would love to revisit in 2-3 yrs, b/c lord knows we complain about under the radar So Fla talent going to schools like Pitt, UCF, UL, Kentucky, etc and whine about why didn’t the staff go after (insert name here).

We’ll see how this goes.

Just don’t know who we would drop or not take for these two. I actually like Daniels and think it’s dangerous to not take the local legend/only have 3 RBs on campus next year. But I also get why we aren’t doing it

Advertisement
@Liberty City El

I know you’ve been high on Brown, not so much on Daniels.

Would love to hear if you would have Brown replacing any of Brinson, Smith, George, maybe Curtis (I believe you’ve said he’s definitely not a CB option)

Also, do you believe we need a second back (not necessarily Daniels) in this class with possible attrition in Davis and Burns?

Some of you all seem to think the staff can sign 35-40 kids a class but they can’t. Every class is going to have casualties like this, especially if we continue to sign some
higher end talent like last year and like we are on pace to this year.

Can’t take everyone.

Amari isn't a loss for his talent, maybe a loss because of optics (youth football legend & popular amongst peers.)

Yulkeith would have been a loss if we didn't get Brashard.
**** your made up optics. The neighborhood isn’t loyal to us so why should I be loyal to the neighborhood?

This is one of those threads I would love to revisit in 2-3 yrs, b/c lord knows we complain about under the radar So Fla talent going to schools like Pitt, UCF, UL, Kentucky, etc and whine about why didn’t the staff go after (insert name here).

We’ll see how this goes.

there isn’t room. Who would you kick out if the class to add either of them?

Advertisement
Amari isn't a loss for his talent, maybe a loss because of optics (youth football legend & popular amongst peers.)

Yulkeith would have been a loss if we didn't get Brashard.

I think the whole youth football legend stuff is mostly a non factor. Guys like yearby, jaquan, et al were huge sofla legends yet barely moved the meter in recruiting.

agree with your second comment. I still would love to find room for yulk in this class.

BTW, not sure its a Curtis vs. Yul situation. It could have easily been Smith over Yul.

With that said, I have no idea if Yul is better than Curtis. But, given our track record with these decisions, Yul becomes all-conference and Curtis transfers after 2 years. The same thing would happen if we took Yul over Curtis...that's just what we do.

BTW, not sure its a Curtis vs. Yul situation. It could have easily been Smith over Yul.

With that said, I have no idea if Yul is better than Curtis. But, given our track record with these decisions, Yul becomes all-conference and Curtis transfers after 2 years. The same thing would happen if we took Yul over Curtis...that's just what we do.
The fact it looks like Curtis is headed to WR means Browns coming or not shouldn’t have anything to go with Him versus Curtis..

@Liberty City El

I know you’ve been high on Brown, not so much on Daniels.

Would love to hear if you would have Brown replacing any of Brinson, Smith, George, maybe Curtis (I believe you’ve said he’s definitely not a CB option)

Also, do you believe we need a second back (not necessarily Daniels) in this class with possible attrition in Davis and Burns?
To your first question, no.

And, idk if we need a 2nd back, we simply don't have room with more pressing needs at CB, QB & LB.

But if the NCAA allows for an increase in IC's & one came on the radar I wouldn't be against taking a 2nd a RB.

Advertisement
To your first question, no.

And, idk if we need a 2nd back, we simply don't have room with more pressing needs at CB, QB & LB.

But if the NCAA allows for an increase in IC's & one came on the radar I wouldn't be against taking a 2nd a RB.
What if Harris and Burns leave after this year tho? I’d hate to be left with 3 rbs to open the 2021 season.

Advertisement
At the end of the day both of these 2 had committable offers. They chose to play the game.

Once the dominos started to fall the spot passed them by.

I hope they excel in their future. I have no beef with the young Gs.

But we are not going to spin this as Miami is to blame. They played the game and got stuck. LSU didn’t feel them like that and they learned the hard way.
This

Is Brown projected as RB/WR @ TAMU or CB? I know it was listed as athlete. What were we recruiting him as?

Advertisement
Back