Your story on how you became a can fan

UM use to recruit heavily from my home town. Vero Beach. I have been a fan since Dale Dawkins played back in the late 80’s.

Advertisement
Let's get to it

I'm gonna write a very detailed post later on, but I'd like to start the thread now to get things underway.

This did it

I watched the second half of this game in the empty upper deck with my buddy. Several stadium lights exploded in the rainstorm at the end.

Kind of funny that everyone in my family, except my brother and I, were born in Miami and nobody but my brother and I are Miami fans. Father was a part time football fan, more of a baseball fan than anything. Uncle went to Florida, and tried his hardest to convince us we were Gayturd fans when we were kids, but we knew better. He would always send us Florida crap on the holidays and birthdays when we were kids, and the only time we wore it was when the parents made us for a picture to send back as a thank you. They always turned into grease rags in my dads auto shop. Not sure how we became Miami fans; guess it was just natural. Also getting started as a fan in the mid 80's probably had something to do with it.

Advertisement
I remember when I first became a fan. I was at home watching Sports Center and I seen Malik Young with that turnover chain, it was love at first site. Then we went on a 10-0 run and it was at that moment I knew I had to switch out all of my Louisville Cardinal gear for the green & orange. Been a fan ever since. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back