Your story on how you became a can fan

paksat

Junior
Banned
Let's get to it

I'm gonna write a very detailed post later on, but I'd like to start the thread now to get things underway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was a huge FSU fan growing up, Warrick Dunn, Charlie Ward - Moved to Orlando, FL.. FSU became H.S. part II and wasn't for me.. Visited the campus and that was that.

Advertisement
Grew up in Homestead (South Dade alum), Dad was a fan, took me to my first game as a young buck in the mid 90s against UVAg at the Orange Bowl. First full season I paid attention to was the GOAT 2001 team

Went to UM partner elementary school (West Lab), got a chance to walk over to Greentree after school everyday. I been hooked ever since!

Advertisement
Wooo-hooooo. we got ourselves a Hurricane. You were Bowled over.

OB was special. People were nutzo in there and those bleachers were so loud. When it rained it got even crazier. We used to wander up to top of (west?) end zone where you could see the palm trees (and buildings) through opening of other end zone and smoke an L.

Advertisement
The school bus drove past Greentree every afternoon. That was during some bleak times 74-78. Ended up with an opportunity to attend UM on the company dime years later and that made it permanent.

Born and raised in Miami....Dad was a huge Canes fan...went to UM Law....

Early Cane memories...Listening to Canes games with my dad on a transistor radio (610AM)....

Been around for all the great Canes teams and many of the not so great teams, too....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back