Your Opinions. Did we have an elite spread QB fall in our lap? But use the wrong system?

For your comments on Enos

View attachment 97621

For your consistent bashing of JW15 when it’s been Enos’s play calling and philosophy of forcing a under the center proset without the physical oline up front to run it

View attachment 97624
Listen, Jarren is ok. I don’t consistently bash him by any means. In fact my only criticism of him has been his inability to throw the deep ball. We have a 4 game sample set now. 1 top 25 level program in Ufag, 1 mediocre power 5 school and 2 glorified high school teams. I know that Jarren has not always had a clean pocket by any means, but can you show me a good ball thrown more than 22 yards (I pick 22 because the td to KJ at the end of the half vs BC was a dime of 22 yards).

UVA, VT, Duke, Louisville, GT **** even FIU will force Jarren to beat them deep, and based on what I have seen he can’t do it.

Advertisement
I thought one of Dan Penos' big selling points was he caters his play calling/sytsem to his players. Where the **** is that
Good question. I have been so unimpressed with Enos. It’s a lot of little things too that get glossed over because we have such bigger picture issues, but perhaps the most annoying thing I’ve seen all season happened on a goal line play last night.

We ran a jumbo 3 TE set because it’s 1942 and red grange is still the man. Pre snap we run one of our TEs in motion. So of course we put Brevin in motion because depending on the look he is the guy we want isolated for a fade or jump ball situation right? Nope. Oh, ok so we send Mallory because he is our worst blocker and has the height to make a play on the ball. Nope. We motioned out Irvin who by now is bigger than Navaughn Donaldson and by far our best blocking TE.

Advertisement
Back