Your ideal Miami Recruit

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Lets say you are a coach at Miami.

What are some traits you are looking for in a prospect before you would offer?

Advertisement
Work ethic. Character. Obviously aside from the obvious of size speed production.

For a QB I want to see him elevate his team and deliver wins

5* on Rivals and 247.

But seriously, work ethic and character are probably the top two. There's plenty of athleticism around the country, but these are the two things that really set kids apart aside from the freak athletes who are just going to dominate no matter what.

Need 1 or 2 true leaders too who can lead in recruiting other players and then lead in the locker room.

Regardless of him being a 5*, a Duke Johnson type is the guy you want. As obvious as that is.

Also if they happen to have a hot older sister, that's good information to have as well, but not a requirement.

For Me

1. I would target kids from Large Metro Areas who have high GPAs. Usually High GPAs equal strong work ethics
2. I would look at the type of program he is coming from. Does the program he comes from routinely make the playoffs every year?
3. How many times did he transfer in HS. When and why did he transfer?
4. Is he a Multi-Sport Athlete
5. Was he a team captain and leader in the locker room.
6. Did he progress since his freshman year.
7. Does he play with swagger?
8. How much does he love football vs. how much does he love the recruitment process.
9. How is his home situation? Does he have strong role models around him.
10. Is he someone that wants to come in and compete vs. someone who is just interested in my school because of a favorable depth chart.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
A combination of Brevin Jordan, Shaq Quarterman, Braxton Berrios & DeeJay Dallas but a local kid that is willing to be an ambassador with an edge- ie quick to callout traitors, bags and a sharp tongue on social media about ****hole racist podunk college towns.

One can dream, right?

Ed Reed, sean taylor. Have those qualities, character traits, and coachability at whatever their respective position Ed and Sean had and I'll be happy.

Advertisement
idk, its not like he was from a trash HS. He was also All-State in HS.

You're right his high school wasn't trash, but they didn't get as much national recognition back then like now with all the technology. SEC schools would be all over Reed today, boosting his rankings.

Advertisement
Back