Your first Canes football game?

Canes v Gators... Canes 31-4.. think 2 safeties .. I was probably 10 or so..

Not to be an ***, but how else could they get 4 points? This ain't Canada. The 2 safeties were long snapper Willis Peguese snapping it over the punter's head.

By returning two Miami 2 point conversions for TDs. Sure, it didn't happen, but it could. :sneakiness:

Ok, you win.
That rule wasn't in effect in 87, so you win.

Advertisement
2009 vs Clemson when Cj Spiller had that big game and we lost in overtime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1985 in the OB against Florida. Lost. I recall Jerome Brown referring to our db's as Bennie (Blades) and the Toastettes after that game.

I was there. I believe that's when we broke out the all orange Uni's.
First game '77 against the gaytors.

Last edited:
Long time lurker and first time posting, but mine was 2015 Black Friday at Pitt. Awesome experience since it was a win and my first Cane game (and only game so far). Remember Artie getting an interception...then after, he threw the ball in the crowd. Of course it was Pitt fan who got it smh lol.

Advertisement
December 4, 1971: Canes vs Syracuse. We lost 17-6. Fortunately, this stinker of a game did little to kill my love for the home team. I was 7 BTW.

November 1965, vs. the Turds. They were led at QB by a guy named Steve something or other....sat way up in the WEZ and it was cold as **** that night.....but the Canes won. Been a fan ever since.

1985 in the OB against Florida. Lost. I recall Jerome Brown referring to our db's as Bennie (Blades) and the Toastettes after that game.

I was there. I believe that's when we broke out the all orange Uni's.
First game '77 against the gaytors.

That is right. I think we are both showing our age.

Advertisement
First, 1985 Miami at Maryland Baltimore memorial stadium. Maryland used to play one game a year in Baltimore. The colts and oriole's used to play there. Second 1989 orange bowl game Miami vs Nebraska. If I recall we had a real outside chance at the ship. We won but didn't win the ship obviously. Jimmys last game at Miami. I would enroll in law school the following fall and I think my next game was notre dame. One of The most epic of canes games at the orange bowl.

Last edited:
IMG_6627.jpg

The kid's freshman yr vs VT on a Thursday night. Me and kid made it on ESPN that night as we sat behind two kids dressed like Gumby in the student section. I was hooked.

Canes won.

Edit; now that I think about it I was as Cal game in 1990 and Emerald Bowl in 09 but I didn't understand being a Canes fan until the kid got there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First one I could make was Clemson in '10 or '11 because I was living in Charlotte at the time. can't remember exactly. It was at Clemson. We won though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
BORN-&-RAISED IN DADE (OPA-LOCKA)...THE OL' MAN COMES IN FROM WORK ONE AFTERNOON AND DROPPED 5 TICKETS ON THE DINNER TABLE TO THE '83 NATIONAL TITLE GAME VS NEBRASKA IN THE OB (RIP)...THEY JUST HAPPENED TO BE GENERAL ADMISSION (WEST ENDZONE SEATS)....

GUT-HOOKED FOR LIFE...

Grew up in GA, was stationed CA. Was blessed to be able to attend some games, though.

05 vs LSU
06 vs BC
08 vs GT
10 vs GT
11 vs GT
12 vs GT
13 vs UNC
16 vs GT

Advertisement
Back