Your first Canes football game?

Advertisement
Canes v Gators... Canes 31-4.. think 2 safeties .. I was probably 10 or so..

Not to be an ***, but how else could they get 4 points? This ain't Canada. The 2 safeties were long snapper Willis Peguese snapping it over the punter's head.

First game was 1984, loss to FSU, 38-3. I was 5, I got bored, we were getting our asses kicked and we left early. I didn't want to ever go back. My grandfather made me go back the next week and we killed Rice, 38-3. I was hooked, though I didn't really start going to games religiously until 1985. Same with the Dolphins.

2001 vs boston college. After reed ran the pick back for a score I remember me and my dad being the only ones anywhere close jumping up and down screaming bring on Nebraska!!

UVA 48 Miami 0. Last game at the Orange Bowl.

Just kidding. Really it was Miami 34 FSU 20 in 1994.

Advertisement
2001 vs boston college. After reed ran the pick back for a score I remember me and my dad being the only ones anywhere close jumping up and down screaming bring on Nebraska!!

LOL are you zbrod95's alternate account? This is what zbrod said in a February thread entitled "How did you become a Canes fan?"

"I believe I stated this in a similar thread. My father was desperate to make me and my little brother UM fans because his friends were all SEC guys and he took us to UM vs. BC when we went to visit him during the fall and it just so happened to be the game when the DE Walters picked the QB(I actually think the ball came off Mike Rumph's knee?)and he knew he couldn't score so he handed it to Ed Reed and he scored. After that game, I had my dad teach me everything about UM and its football history"

Something seems rather suspicious here.................................................................

Last edited:
Hurricane post-poned game vs FSU in the OB in '04, win in OT. 3rd game was the thrilling comeback against Louisville couple weeks later (sandwiched around a beat down of La Tech). Was a pretty good start, but been pretty painful since.

Advertisement
Canes v Gators... Canes 31-4.. think 2 safeties .. I was probably 10 or so..

Not to be an ***, but how else could they get 4 points? This ain't Canada. The 2 safeties were long snapper Willis Peguese snapping it over the punter's head.

By returning two Miami 2 point conversions for TDs. Sure, it didn't happen, but it could. :sneakiness:

Nope. Willis Peguese snapped two balls over the punter's head. Miami was killing Florida so badly, the the second one was funny. Pretty sure Bell ended up in the hospital for observation that night.

LOL are you zbrod95's alternate account? This is what zbrod said in a February thread entitled "How did you become a Canes fan?"

"I believe I stated this in a similar thread. My father was desperate to make me and my little brother UM fans because his friends were all SEC guys and he took us to UM vs. BC when we went to visit him during the fall and it just so happened to be the game when the DE Walters picked the QB(I actually think the ball came off Mike Rumph's knee?)and he knew he couldn't score so he handed it to Ed Reed and he scored. After that game, I had my dad teach me everything about UM and its football history"

Something seems rather suspicious here.................................................................

Nah. Lived in mass so it was only time we got to go to canes games

Advertisement
1985 in the OB against Florida. Lost. I recall Jerome Brown referring to our db's as Bennie (Blades) and the Toastettes after that game.

Advertisement
First game was Canes vs Louisville 2004. Got to see the magic of Devin Hester in person

Oh man - I was in London for a work trip and stayed up all night in the shared computer area of the hotel I was in refreshing the score on ESPN.com. This was before you could stream games. Kept seeing that Hester had scored and was jealous that I didn't get to see it.

Miami vs UF 2003. Still remember it was a bus from orlando area 90% gators and then me, my dad and a friend of mine who talked **** the whole way about how great Devin Hester was. Bus was late and we were going to miss kick off so the 3 of us actually got off middle of traffic and ran and were walking down the aisle as Hester ran the opening kick off back. And Sean T nearly ran the 2nd kick off back.

Then it was all UF for 2 Qtrs until the huge comeback. Awesome game! The 4.5 hour ride home on the Gator bus was awwweeeesome!

My girlfriend at the time broke up with me at half time - I remember having such mixed emotions in the 2nd half between the breakup and the Canes mounting an incredible comeback.

99 vs PSU in the OB. ****ing Chafie Fields.

This was my first game too. I was in my freshman year and didn't really know anything about the team (did not follow college football prior to going to Miami), but I was rushing a fraternity (decided Frat life was not for me a short time later) and they made all of the pledges go to the game. All I really remember is being up late and the PSU WR catching it against Rumph(?) and scoring an 80 yard TD. I didn't really understand the magnitude of it then, but by the next season when we went to Happy Valley and kicked their butts, I was fully engrained as a Canes diehard.

Advertisement
Back