You know who might be the best college HC never talked about

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
Big fat Mark Mangino.

When you look at the absolute abortion that is Kansas football and remember that Mangino had them winning TEN MOTHERFKCING GAMES and winning an Orange Bowl game, that fat slob is a miracle worker. Kansas might be the worst D1 program in football over the last 6 or 7 years.

Add to that the fact that he won a NC for Bob Poops at OU, and you have a dude that has worked miracles and never gets discussed.

Advertisement
He'd be a huge upgrade over Golden but, he might also die on recruiting trips or during a game.

Big fat Mark Mangino.

When you look at the absolute abortion that is Kansas football and remember that Mangino had them winning TEN MOTHERFKCING GAMES and winning an Orange Bowl game, that fat slob is a miracle worker. Kansas might be the worst D1 program in football over the last 6 or 7 years.

Add to that the fact that he won a NC for Bob Poops at OU, and you have a dude that has worked miracles and never gets discussed.

Good call.
And you know who was his OC during most of his reign at Kansas?
Ed Warriner, who is working for Urban Meyer these days.
You hire Warriner, you may get Mangino as his OC.
I believe Mangino is currently the OC at Iowa State, and I think he has (or had?)
a house in southwest Florida.

Advertisement
Big fat Mark Mangino.

Good call.
And you know who was his OC during most of his reign at Kansas?
Ed Warriner, who is working for Urban Meyer these days.
You hire Warriner, you may get Mangino as his OC.
I believe Mangino is currently the OC at Iowa State, and I think he has (or had?)
a house in southwest Florida.

Mangino is the OC at Iowa State.

I'm not big on hiring a guy like Warriner who has never done anything as a HC. Sometimes, you can be a great coordinator and be completely clueless when it comes to being a HC. HC needs to be a dynamic leader of men and not always just an x and o guy.

Warriner might be the next genius HC, but I don't think UM is in a position to take a chance like that right now. The program is at a major crossroads and needs a real HC.

His only loss that year was to #3 Missouri and Pinkel.

When you look at what Kansas did before and after Mangino you have to sit there and think that the dude is an absolute genius HC. Kansas is beyond awful, and he had them go 12-1 and win an OB. Sure, he had some down years but to do that at Kansas is almost unthinkable.

Having said all that, he wouldn't be near the top of my list. I was just thinking about what a miracle he performed at Kansas.

Advertisement

When you look at what Kansas did before and after Mangino you have to sit there and think that the dude is an absolute genius HC. Kansas is beyond awful, and he had them go 12-1 and win an OB. Sure, he had some down years but to do that at Kansas is almost unthinkable.

Having said all that, he wouldn't be near the top of my list. I was just thinking about what a miracle he performed at Kansas.

Some people said the same thing about some guy from temple...

Yeah because he won 12 games at Temple, won a major conference and won the OB. Same thing in potato land.

Yeah because he won 12 games at Temple, won a major conference and won the OB. Same thing in potato land.

But but Muhhamad Wilkerson!!

Advertisement

No more flashes in a pan.

Butch Davis.

Big fat Mark Mangino.

That fat dago could coach football. Unfortunately, he got caught up in a society that emphasizes form over substance.

Another coach not much talked about that does more with less is Ruffin McNeill. He takes 22 kids, the majority of which are from Eastern NC, and he puts a really competitive team on the field every year at ECU. I could only imagine the points his team would score if he had South Florida athletes in skill positions....the scoreboard would light up like a pinball machine.

Advertisement
Another coach not much talked about that does more with less is Ruffin McNeill. He takes 22 kids, the majority of which are from Eastern NC, and he puts a really competitive team on the field every year at ECU. I could only imagine the points his team would score if he had South Florida athletes in skill positions....the scoreboard would light up like a pinball machine.

He's such a standup guy and so grateful to ECU for hiring him that he's said repeatedly he'll never leave there voluntarily.

Kansas is still a huge athletics draw and miles ahead of temple as an "athletic institutuion". Temple had like 50 kids on scholarship when golden showed up.

He's such a standup guy and so grateful to ECU for hiring him that he's said repeatedly he'll never leave there voluntarily.

He also went to school there and played DB. Would love to have him but no chance.

Kansas is still a huge athletics draw and miles ahead of temple as an "athletic institutuion". Temple had like 50 kids on scholarship when golden showed up.

And he still didn't beat anyone worth a **** when they had all their schollies and had the highest football budget in the MAC. Shut your face.

Advertisement
Back