You know who might be the best college HC never talked about

Everyone should start being realistic. They are not going to hire Butch. They will make a conservative hire, golden 2.0

Our next coach will be someone with a clean record who runs a clean program. Davis isn't happening. Hopefully Golden 2.0 will run a 4-2-5 and an attacking defense

Advertisement
His only loss that year was to #3 Missouri and Pinkel.

When you look at what Kansas did before and after Mangino you have to sit there and think that the dude is an absolute genius HC. Kansas is beyond awful, and he had them go 12-1 and win an OB. Sure, he had some down years but to do that at Kansas is almost unthinkable.

Having said all that, he wouldn't be near the top of my list. I was just thinking about what a miracle he performed at Kansas.

Some people said the same thing about some guy from temple...

Yeah because he won 12 games at Temple, won a major conference and won the OB. Same thing in potato land.

Kansas is still a huge athletics draw and miles ahead of temple as an "athletic institutuion". Temple had like 50 kids on scholarship when golden showed up.

Are you implying that what Folden did at Temple mirrors what Mangino did at KU? Of that Folden's "accomplishments" are similar?

One coach took a Kansas team from 2-10 to a near perfect season and won an Orange Bowl.

The other went 0-14 against MAC teams with winning records, despite landing the top recruiting class in the conference three seasons in a row. Folden's M.O. has always been underachieving.

It's truly unbelievable that people still believe this guy "saved" the Temple program.

He never won a big game at Temple, hasn't won a big game at Miami (lulz if you consider a win over 4-8 UF big), and never will.

When you look at what Kansas did before and after Mangino you have to sit there and think that the dude is an absolute genius HC. Kansas is beyond awful, and he had them go 12-1 and win an OB. Sure, he had some down years but to do that at Kansas is almost unthinkable.

Having said all that, he wouldn't be near the top of my list. I was just thinking about what a miracle he performed at Kansas.

Yeah because he won 12 games at Temple, won a major conference and won the OB. Same thing in potato land.

Kansas is still a huge athletics draw and miles ahead of temple as an "athletic institutuion". Temple had like 50 kids on scholarship when golden showed up.

You're an ill-informed liar with a low IQ. I have no interest continuing to discuss your nonsense-based follies.

You're an ill-informed liar with a low IQ. I have no interest continuing to discuss your nonsense-based follies.
I wonder what his IQ is? 70? 60?

I wonder what his IQ is? 70? 60?

I'm going to rely on the Levine Marks IQ scale where he is designated a moron at between 50-74.

Advertisement
You're a moron, Chise. Kansas recruits itself. Ohhhh, we're talking football?! Yeah, that fat ba$tard was a miracle worker there. If he weighed 300lbs lighter he'd have been a real hot commodity. I guess Charlie Weis kinda ruined it for the husky boys

Everyone should start being realistic. They are not going to hire Butch. They will make a conservative hire, golden 2.0

Our next coach will be someone with a clean record who runs a clean program. Davis isn't happening. Hopefully Golden 2.0 will run a 4-2-5 and an attacking defense

Butch HAS a clean record.

Butch is coming.

Real. Real realism.

Are you implying that what Folden did at Temple mirrors what Mangino did at KU? Of that Folden's "accomplishments" are similar?

One coach took a Kansas team from 2-10 to a near perfect season and won an Orange Bowl.

The other went 0-14 against MAC teams with winning records, despite landing the top recruiting class in the conference three seasons in a row. Folden's M.O. has always been underachieving.

It's truly unbelievable that people still believe this guy "saved" the Temple program.

He never won a big game at Temple, hasn't won a big game at Miami (lulz if you consider a win over 4-8 UF big), and never will.

Lol i like watching you rabid douchebags getting worked up over a simple comparison of turning ****** programs around. Calm down jesus.

Advertisement

Fat boy never won the Big 12.

You're a moron, Chise. Kansas recruits itself. Ohhhh, we're talking football?!

Kansas recruits...? The only recruits with the biggest buzz came from one single family. Arthur Brown producing Jr and Bryce. And decades before that, one BSanders.

Ruffin McNeil and Mark Mangino, holy ****. Our fans are as dumb as our administration.

Suck a dyck. Discussing Mangino as a miracle worker at Kansas is different than recommending him for HC. Don't you love Mark Stoops? What the fck has that little pudgy **** ever done?

OK. Good catch. Would you agree that 12-1 at Kansas is pretty miraculous?

Advertisement

Butch is coming.

Real. Real realism.
No he's not. Look what happened at unc. You can tell yourself all you want that he is but he's not. Just like al golden won't get fired unless he wins less than 7 games. 8 or more and he's here. 7 wins is a 50 50 chance

And no 1 is hiring him unless we win the acc.

Advertisement

OK. Good catch. Would you agree that 12-1 at Kansas is pretty miraculous?

Indeed it is. It's on the same scale as Snyder and KState. Too bad the fat guy didn't get to ride it out and see if he could sustain the program to a certain level. There's not a lot to sell to recruits there in regard to football which makes it a much tougher job. He had a QB that was similar to Chase D at MU. He can flat out coach.

Butch is coming.

Real. Real realism.
No he's not. Look what happened at unc. You can tell yourself all you want that he is but he's not. Just like al golden won't get fired unless he wins less than 7 games. 8 or more and he's here. 7 wins is a 50 50 chance

And no 1 is hiring him unless we win the acc.

Look, being eat up with the dumba$$ is not a virtue.

Repeating old crap you learned by rote - doesn't make it true.

Repeating outright BS - no matter how often - doesn't make it true.

Al. Go polish your pillars.

Advertisement
Back