You know what scares the **** outta me?

Biscuits

coldwater
Clowns.

But after clowns, it's the fact that folks were raving about how Dorsett and Scott were tearing it up on Greentree.

I think now we can see this was more of an indictment on our defense than praise of the receivers.

I like Hurns a lot. But he's a 2. Dorsett may be explosive, but he hasn't really shown that in a game yet. Should have caught that one long ball we threw that hit him in the chest, even though it was contested. Yes, it would have been a good catch, but that catch gets made every Saturday in other games. Scott showed flashes, but also had a bad drop or two. Just like every WR not named Malcom Lewis.

All in all, I think the WRs are going to be badass. In time, possibly this season. But they're not quite there yet.

Advertisement
Not sure we have "that guy". We have a slew of really good complementary receivers, which is better than many teams can say and sufficient for us to have a good offense, but it'd be great if we had "that guy".

This team is a work in progress, but for the first time in years we're heading right direction. One of those wideouts will emerge as a number one. I'm beating on Lewis.

What scares me more than that is our starting safety tippy toeing up to a tight end thats rambling down the side line.

Our corners do play very soft, or at least did yesterday, which is probably why our WRs were tearing it up in practice. As for Hurns, i like him as well but he REALLY struggled to catch the ball yesterday. He was fighting every catch. Most of our receivers were. I don't know if that's entirely on them or if maybe Morris throws a heavy ball, much different than that of Jacory last year and Williams all through the spring.

Advertisement
I like Dorsett and Hurns, but outside of those 2 there aren't any proven play makers. I'm willing to have a wait and see approach with R. Scott as it was first extensive playing time, but he was supposed to be a beast after the catch, I didn't see it.

I'm honestly most excited about M. Lewis, kid looked dependable and showed he can make plays with RAC. ability.

I love Hurns but I never understood how people expected Dorsett to replace Tommy Streeter. I mean, that's ridiculous.

I think Dorsett got passed up in a hurry yesterday by Lewis.

Coming into the season we all had questions at:
- WR: Check
- DLine: Check
- DBs: Considering only 1 Corner has started a D1 game I was happy and keep in mind, there was no pressure - better than I expected

Advertisement
I love Hurns but I never understood how people expected Dorsett to replace Tommy Streeter. I mean, that's ridiculous.

I think Dorsett got passed up in a hurry yesterday by Lewis.

Dorsett needs to prove it on the field. Lot of hype on him over the spring fall camp.

I still think Dorsett can stretch the defense, we just didn't take many shots, and he had a chance to catch the bomb from Morris. But agree that Lewis played a very good game and has earned more PT.

Don't think you need a #1 to have a great offense. Look at USC with Lee and Woods, though none of UM receivers are on their level. Another example would be the Packers, 4 good receivers with no clear cut #1 guy. I think our receivers get it done though.

Don't think you need a #1 to have a great offense. Look at USC with Lee and Woods, though none of UM receivers are on their level. Another example would be the Packers, 4 good receivers with no clear cut #1 guy. I think our receivers get it done though.

I don't think USC is a very good example. Kiffin said Lee was the best WR he has ever seen and Woods would be so far and away our #1 receiver it isnt even funny.

I agree with you in general though, but you still need someone thats capable of stretching the field, even in a Travis Benjamin type way. Someone on this roster is going to have to prove that.

Advertisement
I would kill for Travis Benjamin.

I'm not saying Dorsett or Scott can't develop into go-to guys. But they're clearly not there yet.

I believe in Dorsett because he has the physical attributes and he's played. He'll come on and I think he'll be a threat. Hurns is going to be reliable I expect if he can stay healthy. Scott I'd expect will come on mid-year or so. He's just young and played young. Not everybody is going to shine when the lights come on for the first time. He needs experience. I'm not that worried about receiver honestly it's just going to take some time for them to get going. This year is not a 10-win year and they'll develop.

Advertisement
I think Lewis is 'that guy'. Al said he'd hardly practiced due to injury and he had a very nice game and that td juke was ice cold.

The receivers were fine after the first couple of series -- early jitters. Even the tight ends were okay in the passing game, although they weren't very good at blocking in short yardage situations. I'd like to see Morris throw downfield more; enough of the screens, Fisch.

The WR's will be fine, its not like we were running a ton of stuff downfield.

Hurns is my guy. He showed me so much toughness last year - for the first few games he was the most reliable WR (in terms of tough catches and crucial 3rd down snags)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back