YOU GUYS SEEN THIS ****

marshallrc13

Senior
Screenshot_20220103-144836.png

Advertisement
This makes sense and is a very good plan by TAM. I may not like the result as a UM fan but I can appreciate how they are attacking the available avenues to paying players. The only potential downside will be when player X does not pan out. The school and player X both want him to transfer but the money keeps him at TAM. I guess a severance agreement can always be worked out.

Advertisement
It seemed to me this whole time it was more important to have bag willing donors than a specific city, and we were over valuing what this would do for the Miami and USCs of the league. People need to be willing to throw away money for wins, not intelligently advertise for the dollars to get big in NIL. In a big city there are better advertising investments like pro teams, actors, artists, models etc if you want a spokesperson and aren't a highly invested alum prepared to take a loss. All things equal, sure a bigger city presents more opportunity. But I am not betting on Miami out paying on NIL compared to mega boosters in cities that are smaller, so it is going to be the same fight as before - selling history, location, and to some extent private education experience.

If true and if its legal in Texas, then good for them. (Have to wonder why we haven't heard more from UT, Tech, SMU and others though. )

Its like there has been a market for talented football players all along but prices have been artificially depressed or something.

Weird.

Advertisement
This makes sense and is a very good plan by TAM. I may not like the result as a UM fan but I can appreciate how they are attacking the available avenues to paying players. The only potential downside will be when player X does not pan out. The school and player X both want him to transfer but the money keeps him at TAM. I guess a severance agreement can always be worked out.

I don't know, the number sounds suspiciously made-up (25-30 recruits, $25-30 million). I mean, it COULD be true, but every single player getting a million?

Now, on the other hand, if Jimbo had simply given Candy $1M per year to commit to him, he would still be in Tally...

Advertisement
Oil money runs deep. I'd much rather have the depth of donors A&M has vs Ruiz.

I wouldn't. That's always been the problem with UT... too many cooks in the kitchen. Too many egos. Put 20 oil tycoons in a room with Jimbo Fisher and **** is eventually going to go sideways.

I'd rather have an interested billionaire who is related to our head coach by marriage. They can coordinate things in a way 20 oil men will never be able to do.

We just need Florida NIL law to catch up to Texas.

I wouldn't. That's always been the problem with UT... too many cooks in the kitchen. Too many egos. Put 20 oil tycoons in a room with Jimbo Fisher and **** is eventually going to go sideways.

I'd rather have an interested billionaire who is related to our head coach by marriage. They can coordinate things in a way 20 oil men will never be able to do.

We just need Florida NIL law to catch up to Texas.
Agree to disagree. There's power in numbers.

Couple that with the fact that "Texas A&M University has more top 100 corporate CEOs than any other university in the country, according to a recent survey by U.S. News and World Report" and it's very clear to see why A&M isn't fking around.

Advertisement
Go check the Harold Perkins thread, go check any UGA slobbering fest thread...

I’ll tell yall all the **** time why these teams are having astronomical recruiting classes.

People think these SEC country bumpkin Redneck HC’s are really some special Heaven sent recruiters, they’re not.

Money=Recruiting, Recruiting=Money, Top 5 class = Top 5 money spent, that’s the formula.

Agree to disagree. There's power in numbers.

Couple that with the fact that "Texas A&M University has more top 100 corporate CEOs than any other university in the country, according to a recent survey by U.S. News and World Report" and it's very clear to see why A&M isn't fking around.

I live in Texas, I understand that A&M has money and a cult alumni following that borders on being weird.

If $25mm/yr will buy you Texas A&M's recruiting class, we can and should match that.

You say Texas A&M has produced a lot of CEO's and that's true, but the gap with Miami isn't as big as all that. Here is a better one that also includes UM: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/28/these-30-colleges-produced-the-most-current-fortune-500-ceos.html

Shows that A&M has produced 6, and Miami has produced 4. All told, that's not a huge difference.

Advertisement
Back