You forced me to do it - Let's talk about Cristobal

This team doesn't need another coach with that laid back, quiet style like golden had. Feunte has done a great job at memphis but i'm just not a fan and don't think he would succeed here.

I have a lot of concerns about the guy. How good of recruiter is he? Would he care about playing defense or does he want to play big 12 football? Can he handle the pressure of a place like miami? Because at tcu and memphis there is was no pressure.

Okay so you don't think he would succeed because of personal reasons like he is "laid back". Do you know the guy? It sounds like you're grasping for straws and digging those heels firmly into the ground. Do you watch any of his games? Do you really know anything about him?

You're concerned with his recruiting skills?

Even though he is able to take utter dog chit and win.

Here is Memphis's recruiting ranking overall and the conference ranking out of 11 teams:

2011: 66th (5th)
2012: 72nd (4th)
2013: 90th (10th)
2014: 89th (9th)

Dog chit, right?

Miami's problem isn't recruiting, we just had 7 kids drafted and an 8th (Gunter) be an undrafted starter for GB. Talent isn't the issue. We have more talent than anyone we play (short FSU) and the reason we're losing to FSU (over the last 2 years) isn't because of talent it is because of our coach is a dipchit.

Pressure? What pressure is at Miami? We just had a coach get 2 bonus years (2014 and 2015) after it was well documented he was a failure in 2013. Our apathetic BOTs won't pressure this coach.

What the *** is big 12 football? Do you watch his team at Memphis at all?

Advertisement
Teddy should play WR in college? Is that an argument or just an attempt to to realize the difference between Lynch and Bridgewater was night and day.

Great for Strong, he should go coach a defense. As when given the opportunity, at the big boy level, he is failing.

Lynch has proven that he is able to develop, coach and recruit QBs. I am not concerned with him getting and developing a QB. So...not sure where that leaves us. Memphis is on a 15 game winning streak. How many more does he need to hit to stand out?

It's not just about being a good coach to make it at miami. That's why i would take herman over feunte because herman has that mindset and aggressivness. Feunte doesn't fit miami and that's ok because not everybody can coach here. I think feunte would be good at maryland or vatech or a big 12 school.

Why doesn't Fuente fit Miami? You provided no reasons at all. So let me guess.

Is Fuente too Spanish?

May his offense doesn't score enough points?

3rd in Scoring Offense and 6th in Total Offense

cfbstats.com - 2015 National Team Leaders

Maybe his teams don't win by enough points?

Average Victory is 21.3 PPG.

Maybe you're not a fan of his track record?

10 wins in a season, conference title, bowl win and now 15 wins straight.

Perhaps it is his ability to take utter dog chit and beat up on Ole ****.

This team doesn't need another coach with that laid back, quiet style like golden had. Feunte has done a great job at memphis but i'm just not a fan and don't think he would succeed here.

I have a lot of concerns about the guy. How good of recruiter is he? Would he care about playing defense or does he want to play big 12 football? Can he handle the pressure of a place like miami? Because at tcu and memphis there is was no pressure.

FYI ...

According to his players, Fuente is in a perpetual state of ****ed off.

That's nothing like Golden.

You may want to do some more research on him ...

I don't have to research because i go by what i see. Feunte will not be hired by another big program. He will be at usce, uva, maryland, vatech. I would take herman because he came in and instantly turned houston around and his defense are better.

Okay so you don't think he would succeed because of personal reasons like he is "laid back". Do you know the guy? It sounds like you're grasping for straws and digging those heels firmly into the ground. Do you watch any of his games? Do you really know anything about him?

You're concerned with his recruiting skills?

Even though he is able to take utter dog chit and win.

Here is Memphis's recruiting ranking overall and the conference ranking out of 11 teams:

2011: 66th (5th)
2012: 72nd (4th)
2013: 90th (10th)
2014: 89th (9th)

Dog chit, right?

Miami's problem isn't recruiting, we just had 7 kids drafted and an 8th (Gunter) be an undrafted starter for GB. Talent isn't the issue. We have more talent than anyone we play (short FSU) and the reason we're losing to FSU (over the last 2 years) isn't because of talent it is because of our coach is a dipchit.

Pressure? What pressure is at Miami? We just had a coach get 2 bonus years (2014 and 2015) after it was well documented he was a failure in 2013. Our apathetic BOTs won't pressure this coach.

What the *** is big 12 football? Do you watch his team at Memphis at all?

I have watched a few games and they can score and that's it. There is pressure from fans and alumni and if they are willing to pay 4mil to a coach there will be pressure.

Why not take larry fedora if you want a offense that can score. He won at southern miss and is having a good year at unc.

It's not just about being a good coach to make it at miami. That's why i would take herman over feunte because herman has that mindset and aggressivness. Feunte doesn't fit miami and that's ok because not everybody can coach here. I think feunte would be good at maryland or vatech or a big 12 school.

Why doesn't Fuente fit Miami? You provided no reasons at all. So let me guess.

Is Fuente too Spanish?

May his offense doesn't score enough points?

3rd in Scoring Offense and 6th in Total Offense

Maybe his teams don't win by enough points?

Average Victory is 21.3 PPG.

Maybe you're not a fan of his track record?

10 wins in a season, conference title, bowl win and now 15 wins straight.

Perhaps it is his ability to take utter dog chit and beat up on Ole ****.

FYI ...

According to his players, Fuente is in a perpetual state of ****ed off.

That's nothing like Golden.

You may want to do some more research on him ...

I don't have to research because i go by what i see. Feunte will not be hired by another big program. He will be at usce, uva, maryland, vatech. I would take herman because he came in and instantly turned houston around and his defense are better.

:tedbong:

Advertisement
I have watched a few games and they can score and that's it. There is pressure from fans and alumni and if they are willing to pay 4mil to a coach there will be pressure.

I can tell you haven't watched. Did you watch the Ole Miss game?

Yes i did and they were impressive but you can't base a hire off of that. I understand you like him but i'm just not a fan of that big 12 style of play.

I think the below graphic speaks for itself but Cristobal was terrible against the softest of competition. He was worse than *** at Temple. If you want to see what a real coach does against softer competition just look at Urban Meyer. That is how you judge up and coming coaches in AAC or smaller conferences. Every single BOT member should be sent this graphic. DO NOT HIRE WARIO!!!!

View attachment 33413

I don't think that is a fair assessment for Cristobol... The talent level was probably better at Utah and competition level was lower at Temple...
Something else that is unfair is the credit Cristobol gets for recruiting at Alabama... I would be one of the nations best recruiting at Alabama.. me and my two credential. I think the fan base is split on Mario ... I think Butch, Strong or Herman all would muster more support from all involved parties.

Competition level lower at Temple? Lower than what? Than what Mario faced in the Sun Belt? LOL, good one.

Yes i did and they were impressive but you can't base a hire off of that. I understand you like him but i'm just not a fan of that big 12 style of play.

How is it Big 12 style? What does that mean?

I am not basing his qualifications on 1 game, I am basing it on his WHOLE tenure.

Advertisement

I am not basing his qualifications on 1 game, I am basing it on his WHOLE tenure.

Big 12 style means up and down the field scoring and not caring for defense ala baylor, tcu now, texas tech, and etc.

Big 12 style means up and down the field scoring and not caring for defense ala baylor, tcu now, texas tech, and etc.

I wouldn't throw TT in with those teams. As for TCU and Baylor, those are top 5 teams. Some of the best in college football, this year and last year. Those two schools do incredibly well with the talent they get. I would certainly take those coaches at Miami. Could you imagine them with Miami talent?

abr.gif

Are you aware that the Big 12 has 4 teams in the Top 15??? ... Which is more than any other conference.

We could do a helluva lot worse than "Big 12 style of play", IMO.

Are you aware that the Big 12 has 4 teams in the Top 15??? ... Which is more than any other conference.

We could do a helluva lot worse than "Big 12 style of play", IMO.

look he didnt write it eloquently but he has a very good point. if you dont play top 20 defense you dont win a championship. none of those teams (OU, TCU, OSU or Baylor) have a top 20 defense this year. OU is the closest. if your mentality is championship or bust his point has merit. if your mentality is big bowl game or bust then it doesnt.

oregon never won a championship for a reason. when it came down to it in a close game they just couldnt stop anyone on the money down.

Advertisement
Herman did not turn Houston around. They have been a decent program. Herman does show a lot of potential as a HC though.

Memphis was crap. Fuente has come in and actually turned them around. This season his defense isn't as great since they replaced 8 starters and just had their DC get hired by Missouri who just happens to have a top defense nationally. Fuente knows how to pick coaches and recruit and develop players as you can see by the last two years.

If Miami was fortunate enough to land Fuente, we might even be able to snag his old DC from Missouri. Look at what he is doing at Missouri. Mostly 3 stars, but they are aggressive and straight savage and keep their offense in every game despite that offense not even averaging 300 yards/game.

Chances are Odom would either reunite with Fuente if we pony up the cash since Miami has a much higher ceiling than Missouri, or he'd take the HC job at Memphis. That guy had the #5 defense last year at Memphis. He has the #6 right now at Missouri. I'd imagine Miami would be a top 10 under him as well.

Fuente was my #1 originally, then it went Herman, Butch, Herman, Butch, Herman, etc. Right now after looking at Fuente again, he's a home run hire. We would be lucky to land him.

Advertisement
Back