You forced me to do it - Let's talk about Cristobal

Can you do this for Herman and Fuente?

I think fuente is benefiting from a nfl qb in a weak conference.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

You can't have it both ways. Everybody is saying charlie strong success came from teddy and playing in a weak conference but fuente is a great coach.

Advertisement

You can't have it both ways. Everybody is saying charlie strong success came from teddy and playing in a weak conference but fuente is a great coach.

You don't see any differences?

Teddy Bridgewater was a consensus 4 star recruit and a top tier QB coming out of HS. He was a stud. Schools wanted him (especially us).

Paxton Lynch was a nobody who had no offers (besides Memphis). His career HS numbers were 1100 Passing Yards, 51% Completion and 10 TDs 10 INTs.

Fuente is a QB guy. This is his second development, Andy Dalton being his first. He has a track record at the position, I wouldn't say this is a fluke. I wouldn't say that Paxton Lynch was a sure fired NFL pick coming out of HS. If he was, how come nobody showed interest.

As for the AAC being weak, that is your call. There are 3 ranked teams in the conference TODAY. In 2012, there was only 1 team finished ranked in the top 25 in the Big East (UL). In 2013, there were two (UCF and UL) and UL lost to the other ranked team.

Last edited:
Small sample size on Herman concerns me. He may be the second coming of Urban Meyer, but I still think its too early to tell. That makes him more of a risky hire for me.

Advertisement
I'm having fun today. Look at ***'s 18th to 84th in points against from 2011 to 2012. Randy's D vs. Al's D. OHHHH.AL.jpg

Teddy Bridgewater was a consensus 4 star recruit and a top tier QB coming out of HS. He was a stud. Schools wanted him (especially us).

Paxton Lynch was a nobody who had no offers (besides Memphis). His career HS numbers were 1100 Passing Yards, 51% Completion and 10 TDs 10 INTs.

Fuente is a QB guy. This is his second development, Andy Dalton being his first. He has a track record at the position, I wouldn't say this is a fluke. I wouldn't say that Paxton Lynch was a sure fired NFL pick coming out of HS. If he was, how come nobody showed interest.

As for the AAC being weak, that is your call. There are 3 ranked teams in the conference TODAY. In 2012, there was only 1 team finished ranked in the top 25 in the Big East (UL). In 2013, there were two (UCF and UL) and UL lost to the other ranked team.

A lot of people thought teddy should play wr in college and nobody knew he was going to be as good as he was.

I give fuente credit for developing qbs but strong did the same on defense. Look at all the 2 and 3 star guys he brought in and are getting drafted.

Most coaches need a good qb to win. That's what's impressive about saban is he has won without a elite qb.

A lot of people thought teddy should play wr in college and nobody knew he was going to be as good as he was.

I give fuente credit for developing qbs but strong did the same on defense. Look at all the 2 and 3 star guys he brought in and are getting drafted.

Most coaches need a good qb to win. That's what's impressive about saban is he has won without a elite qb.

Teddy should play WR in college? Is that an argument or just an attempt to to realize the difference between Lynch and Bridgewater was night and day.

Great for Strong, he should go coach a defense. As when given the opportunity, at the big boy level, he is failing.

Lynch has proven that he is able to develop, coach and recruit QBs. I am not concerned with him getting and developing a QB. So...not sure where that leaves us. Memphis is on a 15 game winning streak. How many more does he need to hit to stand out?

Advertisement
Good work. I sent that Cristobal graphic to a BOT member who is scaring me with Mario talk. I'm not firmly in a Butch, Right, Herman or other camp, but Mario scares me.

Teddy should play WR in college? Is that an argument or just an attempt to to realize the difference between Lynch and Bridgewater was night and day.

Great for Strong, he should go coach a defense. As when given the opportunity, at the big boy level, he is failing.

Lynch has proven that he is able to develop, coach and recruit QBs. I am not concerned with him getting and developing a QB. So...not sure where that leaves us. Memphis is on a 15 game winning streak. How many more does he need to hit to stand out?

It's not just about being a good coach to make it at miami. That's why i would take herman over feunte because herman has that mindset and aggressivness. Feunte doesn't fit miami and that's ok because not everybody can coach here. I think feunte would be good at maryland or vatech or a big 12 school.

Advertisement

It's not just about being a good coach to make it at miami. That's why i would take herman over feunte because herman has that mindset and aggressivness. Feunte doesn't fit miami and that's ok because not everybody can coach here. I think feunte would be good at maryland or vatech or a big 12 school.

Why doesn't Fuente fit Miami? You provided no reasons at all. So let me guess.

Is Fuente too Spanish?

May his offense doesn't score enough points?

3rd in Scoring Offense and 6th in Total Offense

cfbstats.com - 2015 National Team Leaders

Maybe his teams don't win by enough points?

Average Victory is 21.3 PPG.

Maybe you're not a fan of his track record?

10 wins in a season, conference title, bowl win and now 15 wins straight.

Perhaps it is his ability to take utter dog chit and beat up on Ole ****.

Advertisement
I think the below graphic speaks for itself but Cristobal was terrible against the softest of competition. He was worse than *** at Temple. If you want to see what a real coach does against softer competition just look at Urban Meyer. That is how you judge up and coming coaches in AAC or smaller conferences. Every single BOT member should be sent this graphic. DO NOT HIRE WARIO!!!!

View attachment 33413

I don't think that is a fair assessment for Cristobol... The talent level was probably better at Utah and competition level was lower at Temple...
Something else that is unfair is the credit Cristobol gets for recruiting at Alabama... I would be one of the nations best recruiting at Alabama.. me and my two credential. I think the fan base is split on Mario ... I think Butch, Strong or Herman all would muster more support from all involved parties.

Is Fuente too Spanish?

This team doesn't need another coach with that laid back, quiet style like golden had. Feunte has done a great job at memphis but i'm just not a fan and don't think he would succeed here.

I have a lot of concerns about the guy. How good of recruiter is he? Would he care about playing defense or does he want to play big 12 football? Can he handle the pressure of a place like miami? Because at tcu and memphis there is was no pressure.

Is Fuente too Spanish?

This team doesn't need another coach with that laid back, quiet style like golden had. Feunte has done a great job at memphis but i'm just not a fan and don't think he would succeed here.

I have a lot of concerns about the guy. How good of recruiter is he? Would he care about playing defense or does he want to play big 12 football? Can he handle the pressure of a place like miami? Because at tcu and memphis there is was no pressure.

FYI ...

According to his players, Fuente is in a perpetual state of ****ed off.

That's nothing like Golden.

You may want to do some more research on him ...

Advertisement
Back