Coaching You can write off Kendal Briles from the list of OC candidates.

Advertisement
For everyone with their "no way" responses, maybe OP didnt feel like sifting through 17,000 pages from the same thread where the Briles news was sandwiched in between 4 dudes arguing over who was the best high school player in 1978 and inside jokes that started 1000 pages ago. Thanks for the update OP...first I am hearing about it.

For everyone with their "no way" responses, maybe OP didnt feel like sifting through 17,000 pages from the same thread where the Briles news was sandwiched in between 4 dudes arguing over who was the best high school player in 1978 and inside jokes that started 1000 pages ago. Thanks for the update OP...first I am hearing about it.

Yeah yeah, who is in your avatar

Advertisement
I still think we will be fine with a good HC and a good athletic director, and the appropriate resources. But I am curious as to how we allowed any of these candidates names to be leaked (I know Sexton pushed Briles name public), and why we have been turned down when we are presumably offering more money than they are currently making, and we have a very stable coaching situation.
@Cribby or anyone else who can share some insight without giving away the farm?

I still think we will be fine with a good HC and a good athletic director, and the appropriate resources. But I am curious as to how we allowed any of these candidates names to be leaked (I know Sexton pushed Briles name public), and why we have been turned down when we are presumably offering more money than they are currently making, and we have a very stable coaching situation.

Regardless of it being a job coaching in MAC going from HC to OC is still a step down even if they are offering more money.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Best *guess* at this point is that agents wanting a raise for their clients, plus wannabee insiders, are leaking out names. Think as a great example of the New Mexico AD, who "turned us down" on a position he was never offered.

Advertisement
Best *guess* at this point is that agents wanting a raise for their clients, plus wannabee insiders, are leaking out names. Think as a great example of the New Mexico AD, who "turned us down" on a position he was never offered.
You are probably correct. But if I was Mario I would be very upset with those agents, and I would add a confidentiality clause to all my negotiations with a monetary penalty.

Randy Shannon to be terminated following the conclusion of USF.

Andre The Giant No GIF

Advertisement
Back