You’re Mario

StevoBevo

Freshman
Now that we are in the Off-Season its time for them Good Ole Off-Season threads

We are gonna have a little exercise/chance to discuss

You get to Add 16 players to our current team through the Portal to help improve us the best you can ON TOP of our current class/Team.

4 are elite (J Philips/D King type)
4 are very good/ G Willis/A Messidor type)
4 are solid (C Rambo/C Young type)
4 serviceable/depth (A Moultrie/D Porter type)

I’ll go first. (This is without specifying players)

4 Elite: C, WR, WR, DE
4 very good: RB, CB CB, S
4 solid: MLB, DT, DT, RT
4 Depth: WLB, S, CB, DE

What say you?

Advertisement
Elite: qb, wr, t, de

Very Good: dt, cb (2), wr

Solid: mlb, cb, s, t

Depth: rb, c/g, de, t

Last edited:
I would have two of the linebackers in the elite/very good categories, but that’s just me. Nice exercise though. Otherwise I don’t really disagree with what you have
I’m actually confident in our LBs next season especially with W Bissainthe/C Smith back there.

Our WRs need an upgrade badly and if (when) we switch over to a more spread oriented offense Elite WR play will help take us over the top.

An Elite Center would help with our O-Line in general, especially from a communication standpoint. (I’m also confident in the Healthy players returning/O-Line class we got).

An Elite Edge player like J Philips/G Roussea would help us TREMENDOUSLY.

Tier 2 is really about rebuilding our secondary. We are losing QUITE a bit from
There and to get 2 very good corners & Safety would help us out a lot due to the fact our biggest issue on D was communication/getting beat deep.

Adding an RB would help with the loss of Thad, a top 4 of: D Chaney, H Parrish, J knighton + a very good RB (Trey Sanders?) would be great depth/variety with the right OC.

Tier 3/4 can easily be up for debate IMO so I tried to figure out where Depth would be best added.

Advertisement
4 Elite: C, WR, QB, DE
4 very good: MLB, CB CB, S
4 solid: OLB, OLB, DT, OG
4 Depth: WR, S, CB, DE

You get to Add 16 players to our current team through the Portal to help improve us the best you can ON TOP of our current class/Team.

What say you?
Resign and walk away as the failure he is!

What say you?
D king elite C Rambo solid? Is this forreal?

Advertisement
D king elite C Rambo solid? Is this forreal?
Might be a off in that sense Lol

The point of the comparisons was more that Rambo was solid only in the sense that he was not a high round Draft pick, which for elite/very good I envision anywhere from 1st rounder to at least a solid 5th rounder.

Elite in the sense of: Ricky Pearsall for UF, J Burton for Bama, Marvin Jones for OSU, Theo Minson for OU or J Addison for USC

D King was borderline elite for 2020 and was in a lot of heisman talks for 2021 before getting hurt. A better person for Elite would be like Duke Johnson or D Perryman (I tried to stick with Miami players only)

What say you?

4 Elite: C, WR, MLB, CB
4 very good: OT, DE, RB, LB
4 solid: , OG, S, DT, QB
4 Depth: S, LB, RB, CB

If Zion Nelson is coming back and close to his former self, maybe I swap tackle and guard

Last edited:
Might be a off in that sense Lol

The point of the comparisons was more that Rambo was solid only in the sense that he was not a high round Draft pick, which for elite/very good I envision anywhere from 1st rounder to at least a solid 5th rounder.

Elite in the sense of: Ricky Pearsall for UF, J Burton for Bama, Marvin Jones for OSU, Theo Minson for OU or J Addison for USC

D King was borderline elite for 2020 and was in a lot of heisman talks for 2021 before getting hurt. A better person for Elite would be like Duke Johnson or D Perryman (I tried to stick with Miami players only)
Yea man you're all over the place with these names but I get what you are trying to do.
We need elite QB WR DE OL to be a serious program.

Last edited:
I’m actually confident in our LBs next season especially with W Bissainthe/C Smith back there.

Our WRs need an upgrade badly and if (when) we switch over to a more spread oriented offense Elite WR play will help take us over the top.

An Elite Center would help with our O-Line in general, especially from a communication standpoint. (I’m also confident in the Healthy players returning/O-Line class we got).

An Elite Edge player like J Philips/G Roussea would help us TREMENDOUSLY.

Tier 2 is really about rebuilding our secondary. We are losing QUITE a bit from
There and to get 2 very good corners & Safety would help us out a lot due to the fact our biggest issue on D was communication/getting beat deep.

Adding an RB would help with the loss of Thad, a top 4 of: D Chaney, H Parrish, J knighton + a very good RB (Trey Sanders?) would be great depth/variety with the right OC.

Tier 3/4 can easily be up for debate IMO so I tried to figure out where Depth would be best added.

Yeah but who are the guys behind WB and CS? Linebacker is a high collision position, there are going to be injuries.

Advertisement
I’m a little confused by this to be honest but my priority this off-season personally is addressing the offensive line

We need two plug and play tackles and that’s not even factoring Zion in the mix

I see what people mean with the center position but I think Clark will be fine if he gets some help

We are ****ed on that OL

Not to be contrarian but why would multiple elite players even be in the portal looking to move?

Advertisement
Hang on. I'll answer later. Let me finish my plate of Roz con Pollo and wipe the drool off my face from having to think too much.

d king? if you mean the qb he was serviceable. dude crippled the offense and ran around like a toddler with the ball.
Careful talking about King, some well respected posters on here have him on the MT RUSHMORE of all time Miami QBs, LOL.

Advertisement
Back