Yikes manny throwing shade. (Siap)

Imagine if anyone else took a job in any industry and started complaining and making excuses about problems that they were hired to take care of.

Advertisement
It absolutely disgusted me to read articles that quite a few of the players disregarded curfew before the bowl game and also alluded to the fact that our QB, Williams, was one of them and that they were more interested in partying than playing football. Diaz should have benched all who did so, regardless of their position, plus put them on notice that the next infraction would result in loss of scholarship. No wonder we lost so many games as it is quite obvious there is no discipline on this team which is Diaz's fault.

There has been discussion of setting up rules/regs that you would get a one game subsequent for the 1st infraction, multiple games suspension for the 2nd infraction and loss of scholarship for the 3rd infraction. This should be immediately instituted. Malcontents & divas should be benched or gotten rid of as they spread the cancerous atmosphere. Young people need boundaries and if not adhered to will obviously run amuck!!! IMHO, this team is one hot mess due to total lack of boundaries/discipline.

It’s like all the Lil’ Lisper’s Leeches forgot him raving about Tate’s work ethic and how Tate changed the culture in the QB room just a few months ago. He should be ashamed of himself for being such an obvious charlatan.

Right...There is "tolerable" coach speak, and then there is flat out embarrassing yourself and the program you coach.

Advertisement
This is the same speech he gave a few weeks ago, just repackaged with some more recent quotes.

Not sure what this does in terms of helping the culture. Seems to me he is creating a divide already between the players already on the team and the new ones coming in....
Exactly my thoughts

I disagree completely. As a manager, I speak from experience on this which is why I believe Manny is not the guy to lead this program. If you have malcontents, as you call it, you give them the choice on day one and let them know they are either going to buy in, or they won't be apart of your program. This sets the tone that there is "a new sheriff in town." This program needs discipline and organization clearly. Manny doesn't have that, obviously. I also have some concerns about his work ethic as well as evidenced by his yacht trips and lack of research and investigation on the type of scheme that Dan Enos ran.

Furthermore, I hate what he is doing now running to the media and leaking stories about the QB room and the offense. You're the leader of the whole team now, Manny! Offense, Defense, and Special Teams are your responsibility. When you throw people under the bus, particularly impressionable 18-22 year old kids who need guidance as they grow as men, it shows a lack of leadership and destroys confidence and trust in the people you are attempting to lead. If you can't win with them, and they won't support your vision, dismiss them and move the team forward. He's terrible.

The boldened part 100% This is not the way to build a team that works together. Or trusts the staff.

He’s dividing the team the day the new kids arrive And this too. He's been doing it all fall- Ivins reported some stuff the kids up in Jacksonville said when Manny did his in person visits there. Poor leadership or bad advice on team psychology. Or both

It's just like these curfew and partying reports...

I have mixed feelings on all of that...I don't doubt it happens, I think this team is ridiculously soft and it starts with the HC riding in yachts, breaking up coaching clinics with handing out cans of beer, and advertising palm trees and paradise in every god **** tweet...Your reap what you sew

But this same "senior" that went to the media...Did he approach these kids in the locker room? Did he get in someone's face? ****, grab someone by the throat if they break curfew before a big game? Maybe the media was the final draw and the right decision...But were these other mechanisms used?

Where is the senior leadership to go along with the coaching leadership?

Whole atmosphere is soft

Advertisement
Lmao.

@Calvin just put Manure in the dirt.

What's incredible to me is that even though Manure is a terribly transparent con man, he still has a lot of members of this fanbase believing him even though he tried this same hustle only 12 months ago with Tate.

If Manure was capable of even staying around for 4 years, we'd hear how TVD was phoning it in and unnamed true freshman coming in was a gym rat. The cycle never ends.

Im trying to help em, cause he definitely phucking up, what he doesnt understand, at the rate he's going, he wont be around long enuff to see what the 2020 class might become, so instead of bragging on them before they've even played a down of college football yet is pure ignorance, and since he's into acting like he can predict ****, he may have a future in this:

Every team does this. It is part of their job. Do I need to explain why?

People pointing to the QB room. It doesn't matter what coaches say to the public, as it often isn't the truth. I've been on teams where you hear a coach say something to the press and you're like, wtf. You're there grinding daily, see what the real deal is, know they're just spewing b.s. to build hype, sell tickets, and maybe just maybe, motivate players.

He hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine either. Yet some conveniently miss that with their talking points.

Guy can't do anything right by you guys. Even when he does say things need to be worked on or addressed, you go somewhere else with your ****. B
He was the man in charge, he could have addressed the situation one year ago, instead he decided to go hype mode, then everything blew off on his face and he backed away quickly with rebuild.

Cool, Manny is the real victim here.

Advertisement
The boldened part 100% This is not the way to build a team that works together. Or trusts the staff.

He’s dividing the team the day the new kids arrive And this too. He's been doing it all fall- Ivins reported some stuff the kids up in Jacksonville said when Manny did his in person visits there. Poor leadership or bad advice on team psychology. Or both

Agree 100%. Absolutely ridiculous if true.

CMD, very inexperienced in role lots of OJT still ahead, what was Blake thinking with hire and length of contract

Advertisement
I've said this in other threads. Manny could have gained clout purging the roster last year while going 6-7 instead of whatever the **** he did with all these pussies that try to wear the U. I thought Manny had potential but to allow all the bull**** that transpired as well as potentially letting Reed back! This is not a HC trying to change a culture, not at all. Very disappointed

The stuff he’s saying about our qb and wr room

the lack of maturity and work ethic was obvious man. but who is there to lead the qbs? no one. how was there to lead the wrs jt4 was in that room anything Osborne could do jt4 ruined. diaz should never brought jt4 back to this team. talent or not his diva attitude wasn't worth the lack of production he brought. lets hope if we don't add a portal qb that jarren matures, kosi fixes his footwork or tvd wins job.

Whole atmosphere is soft

Hard to have much confidence in this regime.

To me it starts with not firing Blake Baker, and I don't know how he can hold anyone accountable to anything after that.

If Manny had the stones to let that guy go he would be the coach we all thought he would be.

Advertisement
Back