Yearby vs Cook?

srdawg

Recruit
Being an out of state Canes fan whats the difference between the two? I see 247sports and scout has Yearby ranked higher and rivals has Cook higher and most of you guys like Cook better.

Advertisement
IMO cook seems to have better straight line speed, when he hits a hole he's gone, but yearby seems shiftier

Both of this guys are great backs, but I like Yearby because he is the starter. I saw him during the state champ game against gainesville this year, and I was just like WHOA..this kid is friggin awesome. Taking nothing away from Cook, I would like to have him and/or Sony too

Advertisement
Yearby is a more efficient cutter and overall runner. Cook is stronger and faster. Yearby was the starter, but Cook ran for more yards on half as many carries.

I think Cook is a lot better when projecting to the next level, but both are good backs and only one of them is a Cane.

Cook has superhuman straight line speed to go with great strength.

But Yearby has that sixth sense in traffic and the quick cutting ability to go with it. He's very fluid navigating defenders and has lethal cutting ability.

Advertisement
Yearby's film made me do this: :eekeyes:

Cooks film made me do this:
1.jpg

IMO: Cook > Yearby. Watched them play Naples this past season, and Cook is just on another level.

But I ain't even mad with this commitment.

IMO: Cook > Yearby. Watched them play Naples this past season, and Cook is just on another level.

But I ain't even mad with this commitment.

And somebody here said Portis thinks Yearby is better.

Translation: Both of them are **** good running backs. With their own strengths and weaknesses. If Yearby turns out to be Gio Bernard, would folks really complain? Dude can run and has a great feel for the position.

as a pure RUNNER its Yearby......

but a guy that can be gone with a blink of an eye...and is a GAME CHANGER its Cook hence why everyone here wants him.....

I take the guy that WANTS to be here RIGHT NOW..and thats Yearby....No chop liver..a proven winner..kid is a true running back with room to grow.....

kid will be a 5'9 200 pd kid..that breaks ankles and is deadly in zone read...LOVE the pickup..

Advertisement
I know his production went down a lil but yearby had 2000 yds as a SOPH against some of the best comp in the country

Quit comparing the 2 and move on. Both are special. One happens to be a Cane and ones not.

Can't go wrong with either. If we're comparing to past greats, Yearby's highlights remind me of Portis while Cook has that WMac freak-of-nature look to him. Michel seems more Edge-like to me.

I'll be happy to have 2.

Advertisement
Yearby is a more efficient cutter and overall runner. Cook is stronger and faster. Yearby was the starter, but Cook ran for more yards on half as many carries.

I think Cook is a lot better when projecting to the next level, but both are good backs and only one of them is a Cane.

Yearby ran for more yards.

quick, somebody post each of their highlight videos

Cooks speed and acceleration is truly absurd. haven't been following recruiting heavily for very long at all, but easily the fastest HS player i've seen on film. Haven't seen Devin Hester's HS film, but I would expect something comparable in terms of speed

Lamar miller is a faster back than cook. Not a knock, but for a speed comparison miller is almost as fast as they come.

quick, somebody post each of their highlight videos

Cooks speed and acceleration is truly absurd. haven't been following recruiting heavily for very long at all, but easily the fastest HS player i've seen on film. Haven't seen Devin Hester's HS film, but I would expect something comparable in terms of speed

Noel Devine says Hi....

[video=youtube;DcfTTWRQSLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=DcfTTWRQSLs[/video]

Advertisement
Back