Yearby Sighting

Anybody else see JT Wilcox tweet spotting Yearby on the Doral coaching staff? Never really pictured him as the coaching type but I hope he figures it out or tries arena league at least.

57d97faee8b183d783b5ecb0a567cf39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Proof that Miami does not pay players. We have guys leaving early to go coach HS football to make money.

Advertisement
Dude should go tryout for the CFL...maybe he is bc CFL has rules on how many US players they can sign any given year. Think it's only 5 per season. Jacory out there making that Canadian paper

Proof that Miami does not pay players. We have guys leaving early to go coach HS football to make money.

Yeah but if I ever hit it super rich (no chance) I'm taking care of all the former players who don't make it to the pros. I live in Alabama you know how many hard up former tide players live in this state? ZERO!

The CFL/Yearby suggestions should stop. A CFL contract might be worth $45k.

Athletic departments need to have some sort of entrepreneurial/apprentice programs during the summer because $45k can be made without a degree. Get these kids ready for real life or cut out the non-stop camp.

It’s NFL or bust. He made the right choice, for him, for now.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure $45K is more than $3K (or so), which is what his stipend would be at a high school

I'm pretty sure $45K is more than $3K (or so), which is what his stipend would be at a high school
If Miami can’t point players in the direction of jobs that pay $45k without a degree than it needs to shut down. (Clearly, he must be doing something else as the math of $3k could never feed/clothe/househim unless he’s currently homeless and panhandling)

If Miami can’t point players in the direction of jobs that pay $45k without a degree than it needs to shut down. (Clearly, he must be doing something else as the math of $3k could never feed/clothe/househim unless he’s currently homeless and panhandling)

I'm saying, if he wants to continue to play football, it's best to play in the CFL and get paid something, rather than coach HS.

Advertisement

I'm saying, if he wants to continue to play football, it's best to play in the CFL and get paid something, rather than coach HS.
Yes, agreed; especially when his reason for leaving was ostensibly money.

Long term, if he’s going to pursue a career in coaching then he’s going to need that degree. Which I think he should do everything he can to complete, by the way. Plus, colleges will always want coaches with a connection to South Florida high schools.

He made a terrible decision. He obviously thought he was better than he is. It's not the University's fault messed up.

Advertisement
Dude should go tryout for the CFL...maybe he is bc CFL has rules on how many US players they can sign any given year. Think it's only 5 per season. Jacory out there making that Canadian paper

Dude aint good enough for the CFL! Jacory wasnt making much, he’s out of job since about 2 months!

Theres good player in the CFL,not everybody can make it up here!

he's in a tough spot as we all know, but in particular because he is not likely to get his degree since by his own admission he hates school.

if you are going to be dumb, you better be tough (or something like that).

Are there really a lot of jobs that pay over 45k with no degree or trade skill?

Yes, agreed; especially when his reason for leaving was ostensibly money.

Long term, if he’s going to pursue a career in coaching then he’s going to need that degree. Which I think he should do everything he can to complete, by the way. Plus, colleges will always want coaches with a connection to South Florida high schools.

The CFL rookie minimum is 50k. But the average salary is around 80k. He'd being doing just fine for himself if that's the route he chose. 50 will get you by.

Advertisement
Back