Yearby = Graig Cooper

Yearby might be the slowest back we've ever had.

tyrone moss
charlie jones
javarris james
frank gore (not sure on this one, but he’s not exactly a burner is my point)

richt will utilize yearby the way he should. He’s an excellent coach for running backs

i don’t understand the hate for yearby though. He’s been mis utilized all year and given hand offs in the shotgun and delayed all year and is still one of only 10 total running backs in our history to reach 1000 yards WHILE sharing carries with Walton

That's mind boggling to me how you have a guy on your team avg over 5 yds a carry... yet you split carries with a guy who's avg under 3 yds a carry.... yeah I know walton is talented but only when catching the ball out of the backfield... him carrying the ball equally as yearby was a head scratcher all this year.

AG did not recognize the fact that players have different skills. He treated guys like they were interchangeable parts. Yearby = Walton, Bush = Crawford, Dobard = Njoku etc etc

yearby coop comparison seems apt, but Yearby seems like he has more potential to me.

Advertisement
I feel this thread is more sour grapes of not having Cook here than Yearby..

I mean why else would you bash a 1500 yard rusher and say he sucked when the offense was a joke all season

Regardless of style, their production on the field is EXACTLY the same. For all the current/past Hurricane comparisons, Yearby/Cooper is probably more accurate than any other.

Yes, you can make excuses for Yearby and say the OL is terrible and he had Coley misusing him. But you can make just as many excuses for Cooper.

Cooper had Patrick Nix as his OC. Jason Fox was the only OL drafted between 2007 - 2010, so was his line that much better?

And the leading QB/WR combos? 2007 = Wright/Jenkins, 2008 = Marve/Aldraius Johnson. Wouldn't you say the Kaaya/Dorsett, Kaaya/Coley combos were just a little better than what Cooper was playing with?

You can make plenty of excuses for either one. But just trust your eyes. Both are solid backs, who have some physical limitations, who were just rated higher than they should have been coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Regardless of style, their production on the field is EXACTLY the same. For all the current/past Hurricane comparisons, Yearby/Cooper is probably more accurate than any other.

Yes, you can make excuses for Yearby and say the OL is terrible and he had Coley misusing him. But you can make just as many excuses for Cooper.

Cooper had Patrick Nix as his OC. Jason Fox was the only OL drafted between 2007 - 2010, so was his line that much better?

And the leading QB/WR combos? 2007 = Wright/Jenkins, 2008 = Marve/Aldraius Johnson. Wouldn't you say the Kaaya/Dorsett, Kaaya/Coley combos were just a little better than what Cooper was playing with?

You can make plenty of excuses for either one. But just trust your eyes. Both are solid backs, who have some physical limitations, who were just rated higher than they should have been coming out of HS.

This too is true... which should make it a tie....

To be honest they misused yearby all year... yearby should've been used like he was in the Cincinnati game last season. There is not a linebacker who can guard him one on one... yearby is a zone read/stretch rb who will eat 6 yds a play. Each game they use him correctly a few series... they drive to the red zone.... sub walton in and then.... you wonder where yearby goes for the rest of the game... i dont get it.

I'm not going to let the hb pass reflect him. He can ball anybody with a right football mind can see the elite skills... except our rock head coaches...

Yearby should've had 2000+ all purpose yds. A RB with his vision hands and footwork out the backfield should've had 1400 rush yd 600+ receiving. I don't want to hear about o line. That's on coaching to adjust during ball game and run plays that work and stick to it.

Coley really doesn't have a feel for the game. I think the main reason is because he never played the game. Just learned on the go. If he played the game I think we'd see results like a Jeff Brohm, Fuente, Babers. He needs to go to HS and work his way up like Ice did. Jumbo ain't teach him **** .

I agree that coley has no feel for the game but to say its because he didnt play is a little off there are a good amount of successful coaches who have never sniffed the field

Advertisement
To be honest they misused yearby all year... yearby should've been used like he was in the Cincinnati game last season. There is not a linebacker who can guard him one on one... yearby is a zone read/stretch rb who will eat 6 yds a play. Each game they use him correctly a few series... they drive to the red zone.... sub walton in and then.... you wonder where yearby goes for the rest of the game... i dont get it.

I'm not going to let the hb pass reflect him. He can ball anybody with a right football mind can see the elite skills... except our rock head coaches...

Yearby should've had 2000+ all purpose yds. A RB with his vision hands and footwork out the backfield should've had 1400 rush yd 600+ receiving. I don't want to hear about o line. That's on coaching to adjust during ball game and run plays that work and stick to it.

Coley really doesn't have a feel for the game. I think the main reason is because he never played the game. Just learned on the go. If he played the game I think we'd see results like a Jeff Brohm, Fuente, Babers. He needs to go to HS and work his way up like Ice did. Jumbo ain't teach him **** .

I agree that coley has no feel for the game but to say its because he didnt play is a little off there are a good amount of successful coaches who have never sniffed the field

That's the only reason I can think for him, he goes from coaching Dwayne Bowe in hs, to GA @ LSU when saban was there to FSU, learn under jumbo and you still don't have the feel for the game.... thats the only thing I have left for his incompetence. The whole time I was thinking golden had cuffs on him, shame on me for that.

You right though bro. There are plenty of Co - ordinators that haven't played the game that are good.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2435934 said:
Yearby plays behind the worst o line in miami history

And possibly the worst OC, well since Pat Nix. LMAO! This fool (Coley) has Yearby running in a shotgun, zone read scheme WITHOUT the threat of a run from the QB to occupy the attention of a couple of defenders. Lol. So basically everyone in the box is keyed in on the RB, cause they know **** well that Kayaa ain't keeping the ball. Brilliant!!! The Yearby= Cooper comparison is pretty good tho. Neither is great, nor bad. Yearby will end up with better stats because he will have better coaching going forward.

yearby is clearly not a breakaway, game changing sort of back that we've had here in the past (and that dalvin is) but he's a really good, versatile player. if it's true that he bulked up a little too much this year i'm actually okay with that given the depth situation at RB, we needed a guy who could take a pounding.

i agree that he was also underutilized out of the backfield by coley. yearby is averaging 12 yards per catch, which is unbelievable for a RB, but didn't even catch 2 balls per game. he's a one cut back who can catch balls out of the backfield but too often he taking these little belly handoffs up the middle.

anyway, i'm not sure how well he fits into richt's pure pro-style offense but if joe is picked up by the right NFL team he could be a very useful player (i think he would be great in the dion lewis/shane vereen/james white role with the patriots)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back