Yearby and Cook at Media Day

stat1124

Hurricane FlashForwards
[video=youtube;30H6S8Y5kHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=30H6S8Y5kHo#at=80[/video]

Cook most likely isn't budging off of the Gators despite what some may think.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For whatever reason, Miami fans are all under the illusion that Cook is going to be a Cane in the end. Based on what? I won't start buying legit interest until this kid shows up to the school down the street for things like recruiting bbqs and practices and even then I'm skeptical. He has not visited in awhile, is actively recruiting for Florida and is taking multiple visits to schools that aren't Miami. Why is there such an optimism that he'll come here? Because his half brother plays basketball here? Because he goes to Central? I don't get it...

New mind blowing stuff in this thread, there are probably only 4 or 5 other Cook threads on the 1st page of this board.

Thank you dalvin for saying what a COMMITTED prospect should say. the only reason i don't buy dalvin to Miami is because i don't think him and yearby want to play together you can say what you want about them recruiting each other but from the beginning they chose different schools, not some thing two guys that have fully bought into playing with each other for the long run would do. im all about optimism i think both are studs and they both could stay home

Advertisement
****, that's an ugly hat cook was wearing. Stopped watching once he put it on for fear of retina damage.

They are just enjoying the last year as teammates. The one that matters and will be playing on Sunday is Yearby. Will come in and follow Duke into the NFL, just like the old days. The guy will have his hands full trying to stay out of prison like all swamp scum. Swamp scum is the major state school in the state with the most NFL players per capita in the country. Huge swamp, huge rich alum base, on campus stadium, and could not win their conference before a little bitty private school full on NY rich kids won a NC. We will win another NC before the scum win the SEC again. Come run through the Smoke and into the glory Yearby.

Thank you dalvin for saying what a COMMITTED prospect should say. the only reason i don't buy dalvin to Miami is because i don't think him and yearby want to play together you can say what you want about them recruiting each other but from the beginning they chose different schools, not some thing two guys that have fully bought into playing with each other for the long run would do. im all about optimism i think both are studs and they both could stay home

I feel the same way as you. I think they are just putting on a show, saying that it would be hard to play apart. Both of these guys want to go to a college that they can get 18-25 carries a game. That would never happen if they keep playing together. Personally I think Yearby is the closest thing to Duke in recruiting and it will be a smooth transition when Duke goes pro.

It's August. Lots of stuff will happen between now and February. Can't be caught up on each one of his interviews right now.

Advertisement
I believe while "committed" to clemson, cook was writing a recruiting blog for them, sooooooo. He just supports whoever he's with at the time.

Much respect to Yearby, but nothing to see here so far as Cook is concerned. He isn't coming to UM. Our future success is not predicated on Cook. As I see it, why would he want to come to UM and have to continue to play behind that Cane Joe Yearby?

As we win big we'll get the majority of the top players from SF that we want. What I don't understand for the life of me is why ANY top receiver would EVER go to uf. uf is where receivers with potential go to die.

As far as skill position players with top talent, SF is loaded every year. Overtime we'll get our share.

Beat Florida, get Cook

It's that simple

We've lost to fsu each of the last few years and still get recruits over them. Beating florida couldn't hurt but he just might love the idea of being at florida, or might not like the idea of playing in Miami. Them losing a game to us probably won't have as much of an impact as some people think IMO

Yearby is not commited to Miami. He's committed to coach Coley lets be real. We got very lucky.

Cook is a stud but I don't think he's a true RB. He's Percy Harvin.

Advertisement
Yearby is not commited to Miami. He's committed to coach Coley lets be real. We got very lucky.

Percy Harvin made just a big an impact for his team as any true RB the last decade. I think he can be a true running back anyway, he reminds me of Lamar Miller. His lateral movement or cuts aren't elite but if he finds a crease he's gone.

no doubt we have the better RB when i fist watched their film i always wondered why yearby never gets off the field (plays qb when dalvin is in) but he knows he wont be a every down back at miami

Why is there such an optimism that he'll come here? Because his half brother plays basketball here? Because he goes to Central? I don't get it...

Cook's recruitment is shaping up to be a circus. If he was a rock to Florida he wouldn't be visiting schools like Texas.

Hurlie and Golden will continue to recruit him hard, his coach is a Cane, his teammates are Canes, his mom is a Cane and his brother is a Cane. I like our chances.

Advertisement

Percy Harvin made just a big an impact for his team as any true RB the last decade. I think he can be a true running back anyway, he reminds me of Lamar Miller. His lateral movement or cuts aren't elite but if he finds a crease he's gone.

ringz put that "But" in there like being compared to Percy Harvin isnt all that or sumthn.... lol

I dont think Cook is a Percy Harvin in terms of skill set and talent level..... Lamar Miller is a better comparison, maybe with more upside though.

Percy Harvin was like a bigger version of Duke Johnson with a little more speed... just an all around freak on the field.

ringz put that "But" in there like being compared to Percy Harvin isnt all that or sumthn.... lol

I dont think Cook is a Percy Harvin in terms of skill set and talent level..... Lamar Miller is a better comparison, maybe with more upside though.

Percy Harvin was like a bigger version of Duke Johnson with a little more speed... just an all around freak on the field.

I put the BUT n there because when do we use or have ever used a Percy Harvin type here? We already tried that with Hester and it FAILED mightily. We don't run that spread option stuff here save for 1 or 2 plays in the first half.

We need a RB. Cook would play slot and RB here and there. I hope we flip him but when do we unleash him and sit down Duke or Yearby?

We have Powell and yearby who are **** good backs in their own right & our staff is still pushing hard for cook. That's really all you have to know about how highly our staff thinks of the kid IMO.

I put the BUT n there because when do we use or have ever used a Percy Harvin type here? We already tried that with Hester and it FAILED mightily. We don't run that spread option stuff here save for 1 or 2 plays in the first half.

We need a RB. Cook would play slot and RB here and there. I hope we flip him but when do we unleash him and sit down Duke or Yearby?

Naw we didnt try that with Hester b/c if we did Hester wouldve carried that team to the promise land..... He wouldve been the perfect 1,2 punch with Frank Gore and as a receiver.

Percy Harvin would fit in perfectlly in any system in CFB..... we run a multiple offense. He would have been used the same way Duke Johnson is being used now at Miami, which is out of the backfield, in the slot, and on STs???

Advertisement
Back