Yall know we gonna skate now right?

Advertisement
Some "experts" are suggesting that the letter went out to players whom the NCAA has corroborating evidence against. This letter would be a formality in which the enforcement committee could show the infractions committee in case Miami claims the accused players didn't have a chance to clear their name.

Charles Robinson said that. That's like listening to Nevin Shapiro.

A 3rd bowl ban would set this program back. Not to mention, the # of scholarships they are taking away which will hurt our depth in the next 3 or 4 years.

Our fanbase is truly delusional. We aren`t skating. Stop being in denial. The NCAA is going to hit us harder than we`d like to admit.

We've already self-imposed two bowl bans.

How much blood could they possibly take?

We skate.

First off, I don't think we get a 3rd bowl ban.

Second, even if we did, how much would that really set the program back?

Third, supposedly we're self-imposing scholarship losses this year to mitigate whatever the NCAA metes out.

WE SKATE

how is it you "skate" having already served 2 bowl bans in whatever form? i'd hate to see the opposite version then...

how is it you "skate" having already served 2 bowl bans in whatever form? i'd hate to see the opposite version then...

Skating means both our short-term and long-term chances to compete aren't greatly hindered.

We just sat out two lackluster bowls, and recruiting hasn't been really been hamstrung.

So long as we don't get destroyed on scholarship reductions (supposedly we're self-imposing), then we're already half way toward skating.

Advertisement
This whole situation has caused us to suspend 9 players (which hurt our chances in competing in those games), self impose on 2 bowl games, and stop us from competing in our first ACC championship game. That isn`t "skating" in my book. Again, a 3rd Bowl ban, which is likely, would hurt recruiting and lead to possible transfers, which will hurt our chances of "competing". Not to mention, the black eye this whole scam has given our program. This shouldn`t be taken lightly by Miami fans, we have, are, and will be affected by this for a while now.

CanesAreAble

Skating means both our short-term and long-term chances to compete aren't greatly hindered.

We just sat out two lackluster bowls, and recruiting hasn't been really been hamstrung.

So long as we don't get destroyed on scholarship reductions (supposedly we're self-imposing), then we're already half way toward skating.

I have a feeling they slap us with a 3rd so the NCAA looks like they did something.

If they say time served then they look weak cause they technically didn't do anything. We did it. So they give us a 3rd to mak an example out of us. we would be the "perfect" program to make an example out of.

Last edited:
This whole situation has caused us to suspend 9 players (which hurt our chances in competing in those games), self impose on 2 bowl games, and stop us from competing in our first ACC championship game. That isn`t "skating" in my book. Again, a 3rd Bowl ban, which is likely, would hurt recruiting and lead to possible transfers, which will hurt our chances of "competing". Not to mention, the black eye this whole scam has given our program. This shouldn`t be taken lightly by Miami fans, we have, are, and will be affected by this for a while now.

CanesAreAble

Why is a 3rd bowl ban likely? It hasn't happened in over 20 years.

Who would transfer?

How does a "black eye" affect our ability to compete?

Losing out on bowl games where the team loses 5-plus games, yeah, I'm OK with that.

Advertisement
really the skating thing ends. We've taken 2 bowl bans already. that is not skating. Scholly reductions are coming next . If we get a third bowl ban then we will have been blasted by the NCAA. Good news is we should be (if not, then one more year max - which would be overly harsh) done with postseason bans.

really the skating thing ends. We've taken 2 bowl bans already. that is not skating. Scholly reductions are coming next . If we get a third bowl ban then we will have been blasted by the NCAA. Good news is we should be (if not, then one more year max - which would be overly harsh) done with postseason bans.[/

were you around the day after the ****piro article hit?2 bowl bans and some scholies lost....We skate my friend.

If we don't get anymore bowl bans it means we lost out on the Nestle Crunch bowl and the I cant-believe-its-not-butter bowl. Who gives a ****.

If the schollie reductions aren't horrendous, then we skated.

Advertisement
Sounding like a bunch of Michigan State fans in here talm'n bout the weed eater bowl with 5+ losses being hammered. If anything its a blessing. They may as well have vacated a bunch of wins from the last 3 years. Thats some middle of the road program **** who lives to beat their rivalries and to win the micron pc bowl. Now if we get 10+ schollies a year...that aint skating

If we win on Saturday it would be "3" game bans and not 2. Also, denied ACC Coastal Championship which is another important self bann. Top off with last year's player suspensions and this would be much more than what Ohio State got. Also unlike USC, we fully cooperated from day one. Tomorrow's deadline to ex-players is a closure letter to show COI that they tried to the last minute to get ex players to cooperate. Monday is when this thing will be closed and letter will shortly go out. As others have stated months ago, "letter will go out late Nov to first 2 weeks in Dec". Before Xmas we will know what we have been accused of and my predicion is we will not self impose another bowl ban but we will self impose 5 schollies this year and 5 the next. It would then be up to our attorneys to present our case to the COI to sustain our position.

People seem to be forgetting that we would likely be playing FSU for the right to go to a BCS bowl. We aren't going to skate, best case is we lose 15 over 3, worst case is much worse. All depends if they allege LOIC.

Advertisement
Wonder what this really means and if the school is now regretting passing on a bowl this year.

i think the NCAA did this bc we took the second bowl ban and they wanted to punish us even more to look like the big bad sheriff in town but dont have anything more to go off of that can justify a third bowl ban. expecting scholly loss which golden already said. as long as we can stay clear of anymore bowl bans the negative recruiting can finally end and well have a great future set up especially since we wont have to lose any juniors and seniors to transfer if we did have a third ban.

We aren't going to skate, best case is we lose 15 over 3, worst case is much worse. All depends if they allege LOIC.

There are a lot of moving parts to this.

UCF got hit with LOIC and they didn't REALLY get hammered.

Didn't they hire somebody to check ****paro out to make sure he was legit? I doubt we get hit hard..

they want to hit us hard, but we have already self imposed two bowl bans, three total post season games, including an entry into a conference championship game; suspended a ton of players, some for up to half a season; the players paid back the money, and we have already reduced schollies two years in a row.

I think they still want to hit us with 2 more post season bowl bans, but will settle with one.

That shouldn't hurt us too much, as our best players this year are sophomores and freshmens.

Advertisement
Back