Y’all

I have nothing to say except I liked Manny but when Mario was hired I hoped all the hype was legit although I did mention as HC his record was just a tad over .500. I also accepted the idea that he was our HC and have supported, needless to say I am a wee disappointed after all the preseason hype but it is what it is and I just hope adjustments in staff are made like Manny did. Manny's mistake was trying to be HC and DC.
By the way, Dan Marino had great stats but no championships, is TVD a stats guy that cannot come through when everything is on the line? I cannot remember him coming through at the end of a game (int today). I'm sure their might be a game or two, has he?

By the way, I got slammed for supporting Manny and by the way PSU is undefeated and their defense has been key.

Advertisement
I have nothing to say, I liked Manny but when Mario was hired I hoped all the hype was legit although I did mention as HC his record was just a tad over .500. I also accepted the idea that he was our HC and have supported, needless to say I am a wee disappointed after all the preseason hype but it is what it is and I just hope adjustments in staff are made like Manny did. Manny's mistake was trying to be HC and DC.
By the way, Dan Marino had great stats but no championships, is TVD a stats guy that cannot come through when everything is on the line? I cannot remember him coming through at the end of a game. I'm sure their might be a game or two, has he?

By the way, I got slammed for supporting Manny and by the way PSU is undefeated and their defense has been key.
he put us in position to beat FSU last year till Manny had the crowning achievement on fourth down.

Listen, I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is not a video game! To rebuild a program that was left atrophied is going to take more than a few months! This is a year's long process! This is the same core group of guys that got Manny fired for not winning. Why do you think their skill level would magically improve because of the new staff?

Here is the truth....

Our players are playing at their maximum effort, maximum talent, and maximum ability. It's just not good enough to win against many teams.

Our coaches are coaching at their maximum effort, scheming with maximum effort, adjusting with every intension to win. It's just not good enough to win against many teams.

If you don't have the players to win, if the players are as polished and coached as they can be, and still cannot win. Then I don't care what scheme or gameplan you come up with. You lose.

We have to get new players in, and I hate to sound like a prick - but get the maxed-out players out of the program. If we are in a 3-game losing streak in year 2 or 3 then get ****ed! And I will join you!

As someone who was against the Mario hire, he hasn’t done anything to persuade me that he was the correct call. He hasn’t changed anything. It’s literally Diaz all over again right now.

No change in intensity from the players
No change in preparation
No change in not putting the best players on the field
No change in taking guys off the field who are causing issues
#70 was starting at RG again

Dude has been straight trash

Advertisement
As someone who was against the Mario hire, he hasn’t done anything to persuade me that he was the correct call. He hasn’t changed anything. It’s literally Diaz all over again right now.

No change in intensity from the players
No change in preparation
No change in not putting the best players on the field
No change in taking guys off the field who are causing issues
who should have played that didn't?
Guys who suck in practice don't show anyone they belong on the field.

not giving up on Mario but i have reset my expectations for his tenure. because of his offense i don’t think we will ever have the success on field that is needed for a Top 3-5 class. this offense needs Top 3-5 classes to work. it’s not an equalizer like some spread offenses are. look at Heupel. this scheme will never play above its talent.

basically, we’re going to turn into Michigan. maybe get to a playoff game every 7 years.

Advertisement
I wasn’t on the board the last two weeks. Knew it would just be toxic beyond belief.

But as someone who originally wanted Lane, we cannot give up on Mario five games in. We are building a program, not a one year wonder. As much as I’d love Lane calling plays, Mario is still the right move as a program builder and CEO.

He is going to be here a while regardless, and we as a fan base need to be patient.

Adjusting your expectations of the 2022 squad, and supporting the long term vision, is where the fan base needs to be. Mario is way more likely to build the program with your support than your fickle fandom because we didn’t win 10 games in his first season with a Manny Diaz roster.

Help the cause. Show support.
What has been shown to date, Big Manny is not going to have any greater success that Golden, Richt, and Manuela. Season is a total loss.

Next big milemarker is what actual quality athletes commit to this dumpster fire program in December/added via transfer portal.

Listen, I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is not a video game! To rebuild a program that was left atrophied is going to take more than a few months! This is a year's long process! This is the same core group of guys that got Manny fired for not winning. Why do you think their skill level would magically improve because of the new staff?

Here is the truth....

Our players are playing at their maximum effort, maximum talent, and maximum ability. It's just not good enough to win against many teams.

Our coaches are coaching at their maximum effort, scheming with maximum effort, adjusting with every intension to win. It's just not good enough to win against many teams.

If you don't have the players to win, if the players are as polished and coached as they can be, and still cannot win. Then I don't care what scheme or gameplan you come up with. You lose.

We have to get new players in, and I hate to sound like a prick - but get the maxed-out players out of the program. If we are in a 3-game losing streak in year 2 or 3 then get ****ed! And I will join you!
This would be great and all, but we lost to MTSU.. if you honestly believe the players are as polished and coached as this staff is capable of, do you really think they're the guys for the job? To be clear, I'm a fan of Mario and think (hope) he will turn this thing around, but so far, I can't blame anyone for taking his/his coaches performance at face value, which is atrocious.

Advertisement
If Mario had ever built a successful program before, somE people might be able to have more faith…I don’t get where he got this reputation, other than anyone who works under saban automatically gets that ability

Mario loses my trust if he doesn't get rid of gattis at the end of the year and completely reshape the O

Funny how some coaches, knowing better X’s and O’x than Gattis and Mario seem to come in and in year one, win games they should.
THey’ll lose a game to a far more talented team, but they compete because the HC isn’t a complete moron bashing his head against a wall. Repeatedly.

Only at Miami, does a cartel of Columbus bros dictate the terms of our surrender to mediocrity and insanity and the willing accomplishes call it progress.

A good coach, a really good coach, wins with THIS team off the bat. Sure they lose to Clemson, but they beat a ****** A2M team in Texas, and they wipe the floor with MTSU, followed by a 14 point win against a ****** pUNC squad (who they’ve now lost 4 straight to btw).

This staff can’t X and O its way out of a paper bag. It makes Miami a pathetic G5 team akin to Kent State.

We are!!! CLap Clap!! Kent State!

Advertisement
Season doesn’t matter anymore unless all the freshman play. Let them get experience and focus every single second of the rest of your time on recruiting. That’s what he was brought here to do. Stack talent. When the off-season gets here he can hopefully find coordinators who better fit what is here right now.

This is just the downfall of hiring someone who doesn’t do X’s and O’s. I’m hoping it’s a player issue where they just don’t respond to him, bc he needs to be a Dabo type motivator to find success here.

Advertisement
Back