Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

You were going along fine, and then you **** all your credibility down the toilet in your last sentence.

Nobody made any excuses. If you didn't watch any Gaytor games, that's on you. But Henderson was definitely misused at Florida, between ****** playcalling and a 53% accurate QB. That doesn't make him "great" or worth a huge NIL contract, it merely explains how a guy with so much speed was utilized in such a poor fashion, resulting in such pedestrian numbers for one of the team's leading WRs.

NONE of the Gaytor WRs had fantastic numbers last year, and "their QB was just selected #4 overall". Yes, there is a reasonable explanation for such a disparity in talent vs. outcome.

Grow up and stop trying to pick fights with people who know more than you do, and watch more games than you do.

Oh, there you go rattling your cane again gramps.

You very well could watch more games than I do, I've been rather vocal about my waning interest in college football in general. What's your point? I can assure you the only place your knowledge regarding this game may exceed mine is on the backend of things and certainly not what goes on in the field of play.

Yes, he was used incorrectly. He's a down the field receiver and I didn't need anyone to tell me that here. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the game knows you don't see teams trying to use a 6'3+ receiver in the role he was used. I never disputed that.

I'm also well aware of how overreaching that pick was with Richardson. The one thing that people (I'm going to toss myself in here, he's worth a shot at the right price for a different role here) keep saying, he was used improperly, may or may not be correct. It's possible they tried to use him differently, he wasn't suited to do that either. It's conjecture at this point. We've said the same crap about a lot of players and then it still didn't pan out.

I also clearly stated that he has a number in mind, we have another. That's every portal player of value. I don't blame him for shopping himself at whatever his price is, maybe he gets it somewhere. Say he doesn't, he meets wherever with a school later.

As for the rest, if you don't see a shift in the way he's talked about (I'm not just talking dollars and cents), then you've got your head in the sand. I'm not specifically saying you're in that boat, but maybe you are. I don't care to argue it anymore than I already have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stop the nonsense. Almost everyone cited the nearly 400 yards that Henderson put up at Florida and said THAT level of production would still make him one of Miami's best WRs (statistically).

But, really, no particular number is "out of the question". Nobody thought that Rambo would set the UM single-season record, until he actually went out and did it. Nobody makes those kinds of lofty predictions, though. Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible. But feel free to cut-and-paste all of the posts by posters who predicted an 800 yard season out of Henderson.

No "narratives are shifting". I was fine taking Henderson if Miami would use him properly. And I'm fine not taking him if he is playing games and we can land someone comparable instead.

Same "narrative" I had last week. And last month. And last year.
A poster made a comment saying he felt we had several receivers as good as Henderson, to which a prominent poster replied "we do?" You were very clear in your contention that Henderson played with an extremely inaccurate qb and was misused by the Florida staff - used primarily on short routes. So if used properly what kind of production would be expected? And yes, a poster did project this: (name omitted)

"With our vertical passing game and TVD y'all really don't think this kid has 50 catches, 750 yards, and 6 TD's up his sleeve? He's not a lazy kid like Ladson." -

Point being, that the board is influenced by the opinions of particular posters who were behind this take before the apparent snag. Now he's a laughing stock.

Just read the thread. Read the first 5-6 pages and then the last few. Has the consensus changed? You'd think different players were being discussed.

Last edited:
A poster made a comment saying he felt we had several receivers as good as Henderson, to which a prominent poster replied "we do?" You were very clear in your contention that Henderson played with an extremely inaccurate qb and was misused by the Florida staff - used primarily on short routes. So if used properly what kind of production would be expected? And yes, a poster did project this: (name omitted)

"With our vertical passing game and TVD y'all really don't think this kid has 50 catches, 750 yards, and 6 TD's up his sleeve? He's not a lazy kid like Ladson." -

Point being, that the board is influenced by the opinions of particular posters who were behind this take before the apparent snag. Now he's a laughing stock.

These takes paint with too broad a brush.

First two paragraphs are facts. But then the overreaching reference to "the board," as if there is ever such clear unity here. Some people are consistent, some people are swayed, some people are jilted, some people are haters, etc....

These takes paint with too broad a brush.

First two paragraphs are facts. But then the overreaching reference to "the board," as if there is ever such clear unity here. Some people are consistent, some people are swayed, some people are jilted, some people are haters, etc....
Yes, it was a general take for what is the general consensus. However, it is possible that my spidey-senses are more tuned in to posts that regurgitate the thoughts of those they admire.

Last edited:
Yes, it was a general take for what is the general consensus. However, it is possible that my spidey-senses are more tuned in to posts that regurgitate the thoughts of those they admire.

Honestly, I see little consensus on this board. Good or bad or in between, there is generally vociferous dissent. In my view, it typically takes extremes (e.g., landing two 5* OL or losing at home to MTSU) to get real consensus on here. And I do appreciate your acknowledgement it could be you are more intensely focused on the thought parrots.

Back to Henderson, personally I see him the same as I did last week... a guy who would likely be the 2nd or 3rd best outside WR on our roster, fighting tooth and nail with Jacolby for his spot. He's well behind guys like Franklin and Coleman, who would each almost certainly start here and be our No. 1 WR. Not a guy I'd break the bank over, but a guy who is better than Ladson and would make our 2-deep better.

Advertisement
Honestly, I see little consensus on this board. Good or bad or in between, there is generally vociferous dissent. In my view, it typically takes extremes (e.g., landing two 5* OL or losing at home to MTSU) to get real consensus on here. And I do appreciate your acknowledgement it could be you are more intensely focused on the thought parrots.

Back to Henderson, personally I see him the same as I did last week... a guy who would likely be the 2nd or 3rd best outside WR on our roster, fighting tooth and nail with Jacolby for his spot. He's well behind guys like Franklin and Coleman, who would each almost certainly start here and be our No. 1 WR. Not a guy I'd break the bank over, but a guy who is better than Ladson and would make our 2-deep better.
I think this is a fair and reasonable take.

One thing people need to keep in mind - and what’s being left out of this conversation unfairly - is that when the news of Henderson becoming available broke, it was stated by someone on the board who is very in the know that it wasn’t going to cost a bag. Under those conditions, I think he’s worth a shot. Others do too.

But see - then there becomes talk about a bag and starting player minutes demands. That throws a completely different dynamic into this.

I am willing to guess that a number of those who soured on taking Henderson, didn’t sour on him because he’s choosing another school but, rather, because he went from straight up simple homecoming to bags and starter minutes and we said he ain’t worth it.

It’s not about being broke. You are not going to overpay for a guy that isn’t very good to elite. They must not feel he is that much better than what is already on the roster
They felt that way about others last yr and we see how that turnt out

Advertisement
I think this is a fair and reasonable take.

One thing people need to keep in mind - and what’s being left out of this conversation unfairly - is that when the news of Henderson becoming available broke, it was stated by someone on the board who is very in the know that it wasn’t going to cost a bag. Under those conditions, I think he’s worth a shot. Others do too.

But see - then there becomes talk about a bag and starting player minutes demands. That throws a completely different dynamic into this.

I am willing to guess that a number of those who soured on taking Henderson, didn’t sour on him because he’s choosing another school but, rather, because he went from straight up simple homecoming to bags and starter minutes and we said he ain’t worth it.
How bout a significant bag AND a starting spot...

Advertisement
This is the crazy **** on here. So many FANS **** all over everything we got going on regardless of whether or not they have a clue if it's fact or fiction they speak on. Yet heaven forbid they simply watch what's going on. All this talk about dudes not buying in at wr yet we have a **** good one committed in Chance... These kids believe the same **** y'all do. They swear we desperate and as a result they try to bend us over a barrel. Maybe some of y'all are good with getting bent over(that wasn't an invitation you know who)but I ain't in to these games. You don't pay a kid who's coming in for one year a million plus UNLESS he's got **** good RESULTS AT THIS LEVEL... You don't promise these kids anything beyond they'll get an opportunity. If you come here and try to tell us I'm starting and if I stay healthy I want this many touches per game, guess what **** YOU & these games you're trying to play... Best case one year dudes with these types of results should be asking for 100-150k. Not 1.25,that's just ****ery

It was the USA Football All American game. Smaller all star game. He thought he was going to start and when he was not starting at practice he left. Bandy was there too and tried to talk him from leaving practice. Rumph called him and chewed him out for not competing and he committed to Gators. He had decommitted from Miami already but word was he was silently re-committed to Miami was going public the following week.
This....

Advertisement
It's sad but this portal WR recruiting is strange so i can believe it lol
I mean it’s not really strange if you think about it. Had a terrible system last year that wasn’t wr friendly. On top of that there is a perception about Mario and offense so I’m sure it’s some negative recruiting going on. He took a good step in hiring a guy like dawson but they have to produce to change the narrative

I mean it’s not really strange if you think about it. Had a terrible system last year that wasn’t wr friendly. On top of that there is a perception about Mario and offense so I’m sure it’s some negative recruiting going on. He took a good step in hiring a guy like dawson but they have to produce to change the narrative
Yea good point but still you would think it would a little bit easier to get WR help with TVD and new coordinator. Plus NIL and it still seems like we can't convince anyone

Man we can't keep counting pockets. I thought we were a big boy program and willing to spend like the big boys? Gotta take risk. It's ONE freaking player man lol. I promise you we won't run out of money if we paid him lol
You friends with Henderson family or something X?

Advertisement
Back