Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
He overvalued him$elf

1683076961304.jpeg

They all want some money, welcome to college football 2023.

We have a number that's less than what he would like apparently. That's his perrogrative. Should he drag it out and not get his number elsewhere, then who knows what could happen. He'll get something somewhere.

We were interested, he could help this team, but there's two parties involved so they've gotta meet. Maybe we never do, but the young man doesn't need to be torn down in the process. Certainly not when posters here just a week or two ago were making every excuse in the book for his rather average YPC at Florida.

Advertisement
I think if we want one there’s one to be had but they’ll be there so there’s no hurry. Try to land a stud and circle back if you miss.
In your opinion, can we afford to miss on the stud and be an offer to late on the circle back addition? In other words, from a roster perspective would it be devastating if we played ourselves and missed on both?

We have a number that's less than what he would like apparently. That's his perrogrative. Should he drag it out and not get his number elsewhere, then who knows what could happen. He'll get something somewhere.

We were interested, he could help this team, but there's two parties involved so they've gotta meet. Maybe we never do, but the young man doesn't need to be torn down in the process. Certainly not when posters here just a week or two ago were making every excuse in the book for his rather average YPC at Florida.
Seem to recall speculation that a 700-800 yard season wouldn't be out of the question. Narratives shift quickly 'round these parts...

And depth HELPS you win in a szn where you’re going to have injuries. It’s football. Nobody can sit here and convince me otherwise. Frank Ladson last szn took snaps from guys who were on the roster. So yes he ADDED to the room. Was he a all American all conference level player no..nobody was in the offense last season..your problem is that he chose to go to Florida out of HS..that’s some fan **** lol..this might be news to our fan base but everyone in that WR, if they wore orange and Blue instead of orange n green would be, by your metric considered “marginal”..bottom line that room needs a body who can contribute RN and compete..that’s goes for the DB room too..we actually have folks in the base who think taking Jayden Davis was a bad move as well..it’s crazy. A very loud minority. If Henderson came here he’d take reps DAY1 from guys..that’s just the reality of our situation rn..that’s just in a vacuum tho..all the other that’s been reported should be considered too
Coming in to be average isn’t adding anything; it’s just going from one place to another & maintaining averageness.

If you’re a Bum in one place & then you go somewhere else & continue to be a Bum, that’s not adding, it’s being a Bum in 2 different places.

Advertisement

You were going along fine, and then you **** all your credibility down the toilet in your last sentence.

Nobody made any excuses. If you didn't watch any Gaytor games, that's on you. But Henderson was definitely misused at Florida, between ****** playcalling and a 53% accurate QB. That doesn't make him "great" or worth a huge NIL contract, it merely explains how a guy with so much speed was utilized in such a poor fashion, resulting in such pedestrian numbers for one of the team's leading WRs.

NONE of the Gaytor WRs had fantastic numbers last year, and "their QB was just selected #4 overall". Yes, there is a reasonable explanation for such a disparity in talent vs. outcome.

Grow up and stop trying to pick fights with people who know more than you do, and watch more games than you do.

Seem to recall speculation that a 700-800 yard season wouldn't be out of the question. Narratives shift quickly 'round these parts...

Stop the nonsense. Almost everyone cited the nearly 400 yards that Henderson put up at Florida and said THAT level of production would still make him one of Miami's best WRs (statistically).

But, really, no particular number is "out of the question". Nobody thought that Rambo would set the UM single-season record, until he actually went out and did it. Nobody makes those kinds of lofty predictions, though. Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible. But feel free to cut-and-paste all of the posts by posters who predicted an 800 yard season out of Henderson.

No "narratives are shifting". I was fine taking Henderson if Miami would use him properly. And I'm fine not taking him if he is playing games and we can land someone comparable instead.

Same "narrative" I had last week. And last month. And last year.

Advertisement
The story I remember is that CJ wasn’t running with the first team at the All American game practice and he refused to participate and told Rumph what happened and Rumph chewed him out telling him something like Canes don’t quit like that and Henderson got butthurt and a couple days later he goes gator.

@Brooklyndee might remember.
Only part I don't remember is what all star game it was at. Something makes me think it was a Dade Broward game but if not than all American game. The rest was 100% what it was.

Only part I don't remember is what all star game it was at. Something makes me think it was a Dade Broward game but if not than all American game. The rest was 100% what it was.

I could have sworn it was at the All American game (it was a practice, but still). I think it was up in Orlando, but maybe @SWFLHurricane will remember.

Advertisement
I think ur right. Under armour game & yup just practice & went full diva.
It was the USA Football All American game. Smaller all star game. He thought he was going to start and when he was not starting at practice he left. Bandy was there too and tried to talk him from leaving practice. Rumph called him and chewed him out for not competing and he committed to Gators. He had decommitted from Miami already but word was he was silently re-committed to Miami was going public the following week.

Coming in to be average isn’t adding anything; it’s just going from one place to another & maintaining averageness.

If you’re a Bum in one place & then you go somewhere else & continue to be a Bum, that’s not adding, it’s being a Bum in 2 different places.
Like I said, Frank Ladson took spots lol

Advertisement
Back