Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
I think most ppl here thought it was foolish too think he didn’t help the room from a talent level aspect..he would raise the floor for sure..but if he was really shopping for a bag with the production he had..yaaa they trippin
I’m not so sure he does/did...

I think he’s a very average player that would be added on to another group of average players.

That doesn’t raise the floor, it extends it.

In Dawson’s Offense there’s just as much likelihood that George, Horton or Nathaniel can be as productive as Xza may have been. He’s not a slam dunk in the same vein as Franklin or the D2 kid Jackson or others.

I don’t think you take JAGs in the absence of being able to land difference makers; to me it’s either land a big time player at whichever position your aiming for out the Portal, or stick with what you got & someone earn a paycheck coaching up what’s already on the roster.

The Portal should be used to add players that make you better & help you win, not add players who were already marginal to come here & be marginal too just because they’re from Miami; like e.g Ladson.

Also he’s a btch *** Gaytor... It’s uncouth for a fanbase that hates all things UF to be scrounging for Gaytes.
Or at least, I thought that was the standard, but I could be wrong.

If Mario & Co. feel that they can get similar production for a fraction of the price with the D2/D3 Jackson kid...then so be it. Mario knows that his seat will get insanely hot if this offense isn't productive this year. He gambled on himself by leaving Oregon...so his pride has already been set aside and he knows exactly what needs to be done. He's probably asking Dawson and Zo, how should we spend this money? Split it up on 4 above average players or spend 70% on one player and bring in 3 potential JAGs...

It's all about projections equaling W/L...is Hendo worth the $$$ it will take because you'd better believe that he's charging us more than a proven offensive attack. Him being from Miami doesn't matter, it's business for this kid and rightfully so.

But make no mistake about it...we will not always be on the B side of negotiations so kids like Hendo better enjoy it now while they can. Mario is going to fix this and what a time it will be when we get rolling.
Not after watching Post #585 above. Thanks; but no thanks!

Bro.... Naw man.... No way y'all really judging this dude off of ONE rep from ONE drill.... Like I really deep down in my heart want to believe y'all are better than that.

I'm pretty sure all of our wrs would look better in that drill..... So I guess they all are better wrs??
I posted a different drill and clip last week where he looked stiff and lumbering compared to the other gator WRs including the walk ons.

If he can run a go route, I get that, but Billy was using him in the short area passing game which is pretty bad considering what I’ve seen.

I don't even know why that's a point to make.... I don't give a **** about any of those other schools, I know our WR room need help and this fan base is acting boujee like he wouldn't upgrade the room.

He's NOT an upgrade to the room, that's the point. He's not starting over Colby or Jacoby, so why burn a ship on a one year guy who'd be the 4th (and that's debatable) most talented WR on the roster?

Advertisement
He's NOT an upgrade to the room, that's the point. He's not starting over Colby or Jacoby, so why burn a ship on a one year guy who'd be the 4th (and that's debatable) most talented WR on the roster?
Because I think I know my team better than you do and I know for a fact our wr room stinks. And yeah, he'd be the 3rd/4th best wr on our team and I'll take that over nothing. Y'all talking like it's guaranteed we're going to get someone "highly talented" and this is the same strategy that fvcked us last yr. It's okay to admit wrs just don't want to come here so we need to get who we can get.

Because I think I know my team better than you do and I know for a fact our wr room stinks. And yeah, he'd be the 3rd/4th best wr on our team and I'll take that over nothing. Y'all talking like it's guaranteed we're going to get someone "highly talented" and this is the same strategy that fvcked us last yr. It's okay to admit wrs just don't want to come here so we need to get who we can get.
He wants $$$$ he’s not worth

Advertisement
He wants $$$$ he’s not worth
Man we can't keep counting pockets. I thought we were a big boy program and willing to spend like the big boys? Gotta take risk. It's ONE freaking player man lol. I promise you we won't run out of money if we paid him lol

Man we can't keep counting pockets. I thought we were a big boy program and willing to spend like the big boys? Gotta take risk. It's ONE freaking player man lol. I promise you we won't run out of money if we paid him lol
It’s not one player. If you pay this dude what he wants then you’ve got a problem with guys on the team who are as good or better than him. Big Boy programs don’t overpay guys like this.

Either overpay for a difference maker - that we likely won’t land - or make the best of what we’ve got because he’s not better.

Advertisement
It’s not one player. If you pay this dude what he wants then you’ve got a problem with guys on the team who are as good or better than him. Big Boy programs don’t overpay guys like this.

Either overpay for a difference maker - that we likely won’t land - or make the best of what we’ve got because he’s not better.
You're right. I just think most of our fans have become delusional and think we're somehow this attractive program who now can get the pick of the litter. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get. Same reason how we ended up with JUST Colbie Young last yr.

Advertisement
You're right. I just think most of our fans have become delusional and think we're somehow this attractive program who now can get the pick of the litter. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get. Same reason how we ended up with JUST Colbie Young last yr.
You’re right and I would take him to run down field given the circumstances. I just wouldn’t let him fleece us for the reasons mentioned

It does and we’re in a tough spot. I hope I’m wrong but it seems like we’re going to need Dawson to show otherwise on the field before we get too WRs in the portal
Don't get me wrong. I do think with Dawson, we'll show major improvement regardless of any portal additions. I'll just feel better with more depth.

I’m not so sure he does/did...

I think he’s a very average player that would be added on to another group of average players.

That doesn’t raise the floor, it extends it.

In Dawson’s Offense there’s just as much likelihood that George, Horton or Nathaniel can be as productive as Xza may have been. He’s not a slam dunk in the same vein as Franklin or the D2 kid Jackson or others.

I don’t think you take JAGs in the absence of being able to land difference makers; to me it’s either land a big time player at whichever position your aiming for out the Portal, or stick with what you got & someone earn a paycheck coaching up what’s already on the roster.

The Portal should be used to add players that make you better & help you win, not add players who were already marginal to come here & be marginal too just because they’re from Miami; like e.g Ladson.

Also he’s a btch *** Gaytor... It’s uncouth for a fanbase that hates all things UF to be scrounging for Gaytes.
Or at least, I thought that was the standard, but I could be wrong.
And depth HELPS you win in a szn where you’re going to have injuries. It’s football. Nobody can sit here and convince me otherwise. Frank Ladson last szn took snaps from guys who were on the roster. So yes he ADDED to the room. Was he a all American all conference level player no..nobody was in the offense last season..your problem is that he chose to go to Florida out of HS..that’s some fan **** lol..this might be news to our fan base but everyone in that WR, if they wore orange and Blue instead of orange n green would be, by your metric considered “marginal”..bottom line that room needs a body who can contribute RN and compete..that’s goes for the DB room too..we actually have folks in the base who think taking Jayden Davis was a bad move as well..it’s crazy. A very loud minority. If Henderson came here he’d take reps DAY1 from guys..that’s just the reality of our situation rn..that’s just in a vacuum tho..all the other that’s been reported should be considered too

Advertisement
Back