Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
But is Henderson a WR1? Maybe a WR1.5 in my opinion.
Here's the thing guys. Most of these kids issues are mental...Ladson is the perfect example....has all the tools to be a BEAST but either doesn't love the game enough to unlock his potential, or a host of other things but ABILITY and potential isn't one of them.

Charleston Rambo was a WR1 for us under Lashlee when he had become an afterthought under LINCOLN RILEY's offensive system....let that sink in....NOT ONE OF US thought he'd leave as Miami with the all-time single season receiving yards title...but he did.

Rambo may not have been a "WR1" on a number of subjective scales but I would say, outside of the mope squad, that CIS would unanimously agree that he was WR1 on our squad and deservedly so.

My point is if Hendo is the best we can get...with the alternative being we get no one....we need to pay...because if he is projected to do what Rambo did...it will have been money well spent.

TrumpyCane wants to know why Hendersons have an issue with Miami?

At one point CJ was committed to Miami correct?

IIRC, the myth is that he was at an All Star game practice and complained about how coaches were treating him, Rumph told him to man up, so he flipped to UF and the whole family has hated us ever since. I'm sure there's a lot more to the story.

Advertisement
If Mario & Co. feel that they can get similar production for a fraction of the price with the D2/D3 Jackson kid...then so be it. Mario knows that his seat will get insanely hot if this offense isn't productive this year. He gambled on himself by leaving Oregon...so his pride has already been set aside and he knows exactly what needs to be done. He's probably asking Dawson and Zo, how should we spend this money? Split it up on 4 above average players or spend 70% on one player and bring in 3 potential JAGs...

It's all about projections equaling W/L...is Hendo worth the $$$ it will take because you'd better believe that he's charging us more than a proven offensive attack. Him being from Miami doesn't matter, it's business for this kid and rightfully so.

But make no mistake about it...we will not always be on the B side of negotiations so kids like Hendo better enjoy it now while they can. Mario is going to fix this and what a time it will be when we get rolling.

Last edited:
IIRC, the myth is that he was at an All Star game practice and complained about how coaches were treating him, Rumph told him to man up, so he flipped to UF and the whole family has hated us ever since. I'm sure there's a lot more to the story.
F-him and his family. If Mike told him to "Man-Up"/"Grow Up"...rest assured he was being 100% correct. And "IF" that was the sole reason he flipped, F-him some more.

Advertisement
The staff has been pretty transparent about needing WR help. Family history aside, he's from a high school that Mario knows intimately. If he's leaning towards a program like Cincy, all due respect to that program, then I refuse to believe that it's simply a case of him/his family wanting him to be there more than Miami.

Uhhh...I am no WR technician but I can see why there hasnt been a huge push. I'd be more interested in Jack "Butterfingers" Dundee.

f50b895e8a8881e140178a0344d2e570

Last edited:
Advertisement
The staff has been pretty transparent about needing WR help. Family history aside, he's from a high school that Mario knows intimately. If he's leaning towards a program like Cincy, all due respect to that program, then I refuse to believe that it's simply a case of him/his family wanting him to be there more than Miami.

Maybe they just like Chili and will get to indulge when they travel up there

Advertisement
Back