Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

I would overpay for a WR1. If you trust Dawson then do what you have to because the payout would be larger (imo). Mario could point to offensive production, and take back some ground on “WR” narrative that surrounds him.

But it’s not my money 😂
But is Henderson a WR1? Maybe a WR1.5 in my opinion.

Advertisement
Like i said, these WRs that have average production could end up like Ladson. Atleast Rambo has proven he could do it before falling down the pecking order at OU. The guy from UT San Antonio, reminds me of KJ Osborn. Great hands, average speed but knows how to get open. We might need that more than simply a fast guy. I would pay for him. Even then its still a gamble but less of one since catching is catching. U dont catch 90 balls in a season by accident. 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Henderson is a want but he falls into the category with what we already have. But a really good athlete. Im not tripping about this portal at all. We have dudes, we need to coach them up.

Pretty sure Jaden Davis will be a cane

Yes, the deadline to sign guys out of the portal runs for months but let's be real, the best guys aren't sitting around in the portal waiting to be offered. They're usually snatched up pretty quickly.
The best guys know where they’re going before they hit the portal.

We have to improve our back channeling game to get the guys that warrant throwing money at.

Advertisement
Like i said, these WRs that have average production could end up like Ladson. Atleast Rambo has proven he could do it before falling down the pecking order at OU. The guy from UT San Antonio, reminds me of KJ Osborn. Great hands, average speed but knows how to get open. We might need that more than simply a fast guy. I would pay for him. Even then its still a gamble but less of one since catching is catching. U dont catch 90 balls in a season by accident. 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Henderson is a want but he falls into the category with what we already have. But a really good athlete. Im not tripping about this portal at all. We have dudes, we need to coach them up.

Pretty sure Jaden Davis will be a cane
I think Henderson is a wr1 but wouldn’t over pay for a wr. All nil resources need to goto db and dl imo before wr

I wouldn’t pay Henderson a big bag either. They can’t get the level of WR they need. They need a big bag and at that point, there are better options for the better known and established kids with Coaches who have a good track record.
I just hope they back channel a very portal WR and overpay. You’re not just trying to get an upper echelon WR but also changing the offensive perception under Mario……**** YOU LEVEL OF MONEY for good WRs

I think Henderson is a wr1 but wouldn’t over pay for a wr. All nil resources need to goto db and dl imo before wr
I disagree on the WR1, i think he is in the same category as most of our WRs, needing to step up and perform. He has been ok, not great. Does he have the physical tools to do it, yes. Does he have the work ethic and brain power to, time will tell. Richardson and UF offense was bad so if we cant judge him with that, how comes we judge our WRs with a similar or worse offense and worse injury crisis on the OL and to TVD.

Advertisement
Mario & staff MUST have some plan. They have the portal analyst that helped Mich State to basically re-do their starting 22. They Zo helping with evaluations. There must be some pending commits.

I disagree on the WR1, i think he is in the same category as most of our WRs, needing to step up and perform. He has been ok, not great. Does he have the physical tools to do it, yes. Does he have the work ethic and brain power to, time will tell. Richardson and UF offense was bad so if we cant judge him with that, how comes we judge our WRs with a similar or worse offense and worse injury crisis on the OL and to TVD.

Except not one of our WRs had 400+ yards last season.

This kid is a take regardless of the SÁ kid assuming he’s not too expensive. He will force the safeties deeper which is exactly what we need. … now add in the SÁ kid and we have a real WR room.

Advertisement

Their board says we came at him in December. Hopefully that means he’s expedited through Mario’s background and credit check already.

stripes lighten GIF

But seriously, pay this kid.

Last edited:
Except not one of our WRs had 400+ yards last season.

This kid is a take regardless of the SÁ kid assuming he’s not too expensive. He will force the s afeties deeper which is exactly what we need. … now add in the SÁ kid and we have a real WR room.
Having more than our WRs doesnt make you number 1. We were hot garbage. Being the tallest midget doesnt make you tall.

Advertisement
Their board says we came at him in December. Hopefully that means he’s expedited through Mario’s background and credit check already.

stripes lighten GIF

But seriously, pay this kids.
Our portal guy is a former Michigan State portal guy.

You'd figure something like this would be easy, but here we are. I thought this Henderson get was easy, but here we are.

He doesn’t have to be Receiver 1 to be effective on the outside.
I respectively disagree. We've had a bunch of those and here we are. You need to put fear into those DC's and have them double team your best receivers, ala Jeudy, Amari Cooper, Inniss, Jeremiah Smith, Jojo Trader, Chance Robinson, etc.
There's a reason Bama, Ohio, etc. come down here and take our WR1's on a yearly basis.

Advertisement
Back