Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

So besides the 2 time Heisman finalist and 34 games in a row winner?

I’m not gonna sit here and say Coker was some great coach but Dorsey, with average physical tools, absolutely thrived surrounded by one of the best collections of talent ever. The year after he left, the QB who replaced him was surrounded by very similar talent, and sucked ***. Simple facts.
Not excusing the results, but 03 wasn’t in the same same caliber as the 00-02 teams. Lol

Advertisement
Brock had one legendary game (half, really) against the gator and people have some bizarre memory like he was a great player.

Now, don’t get me wrong. That night in the OB was one of the best nights of my life, bar none. That place was an absolute insane asylum in the 2nd half that night. I will never forget the fun I had in the old girl for about an hour and a half as we came back.

But the rest of that season he was flat out terrible. He had a much better year in 2004 but he still wasn’t very good. He just didn’t turn the ball over as much. But for the vast majority of his tenure here, he stunk.
He singlehandedly lost us the VT game in 2004. I still haven't forgiven it.

Not excusing the results, but 03 wasn’t in the same same caliber as the 00-02 teams. Lol

You sure about that??

The defense sure as **** was. I believe they were a Top 5 scoring defense in the entire country, led by Sean Taylor with 10 picks and 500 pass breakups.

Kellen Winslow II was a **** cheat code in college. Ryan Moore wasn’t the 5 star player his ranking made him out to be but he was pretty good. Roscoe played a while in the league. The offense didn’t have the high end talent as 2001 and 2002 but it was plenty good enough to beat everyone they played that year, and then some.

Advertisement
12 Td 17 Int. Let me repeat that 12 Td and 17 int. Yet we still went 10-2, which is one of the most amazing things I’ve seen in football. I believe the D gave up 8.8 points per game. The VT game he went ham throwing int’s and pick sixes , it scarred me for life.
I remember sitting in the stadium and tech fans saying how great Miami's D played while we were getting smoked

Name them.
Dave Chappelle Dylan GIF

Advertisement
That second half against the gators with Brock
Was honestly one of the most fun halves of football I’ve ever seen
but that game against tenesee was also one the the ugliest

Advertisement
I am convinced a lot of ppl here do not watch college football. We have a clear need for another outside WR. YES this kid is a take. SEC experience. Played plenty of ball. You take these type of players at a position of need. He adds to that room instantly. Will he come in and go for 1100 yds, likely not. But we just had Rambo come in from OU with similar previous experience with production from Riley’s come into a new system and get force fed break Miami records. It’s gunna be rare a jordan Addison caliber player hits the portal

12 Td 17 Int. Let me repeat that 12 Td and 17 int. Yet we still went 10-2, which is one of the most amazing things I’ve seen in football. I believe the D gave up 8.8 points per game. The VT game he went ham throwing int’s and pick sixes , it scarred me for life.
I might be confusing years, but I remember a QB battle in a UM-VT game back then determining the ACC POY. I thought it was this game, with the VT QB ending up winning the honors.

Take away Hester from those days and just imagine how bad it it could’ve been.
No argument from me. I’m just noting what it is. That half against the gator. Other than that - no bueno really.

Advertisement
lmfao @ some of you that just pass on all of these portal names or think they are unworthy of a scholarship here. We are trotting out legit slop most downs.

Do yall realize he would be our leading returning WR in career receiving yards? lmfao

Right now, its Frank Ladson, who would be our returning leading receiver throughout his career. Henderson has 200 more yards, and one TD more than Xavier Restrepo lmfao.

Does he have a pulse? Has he played and produced some? and the coaches can answer the last question...are they a culture fit. If the answer is yes to all of those questions...then they should be a take.

No we don’t. He’s not a home run but florida wasted his talent. pretty positive the majority of throws his way were behind los, at los or a few yards past los
I just think we have some guys that can still produce and put up some good numbers. I’m not ready to give up on them like most here. Also, buddy had his chance to be a Cane. Him and his brother. It’s a hard pass for me. I obviously hate the Gators as well .

I just think we have some guys that can still produce and put up some good numbers. I’m not ready to give up on them like most here. Also, buddy had his chance to be a Cane. Him and his brother. It’s a hard pass for me. I obviously hate the Gators as well .
It’s fine by me. He didn’t jerk us around in his recruitment and imo he would start.

I’m not giving up on anyone in that position group with exception of ladson, there’s a lot of potential there but the inconsistency is too high.

Season is too long to depend only on young and x because after those two the next best is a slot true frosh

Advertisement
Back