Xavier Restrepo transfers from Sta to Deerfield.

Advertisement
Better in the sense that they are better football players on top of being bigger stronger and faster they are better route runners catchers and they have better body control
Who are these players you are referring too? Half of our current WR core can’t ******* catch and it takes them forever to learn the **** playbook!

Who are these players you are referring too? Half of our current WR core can’t ******* catch and it takes them forever to learn the **** playbook!
More than half lol. I’d say Thomas, Payton, and Hightower are the only guys who could catch. Payton and Hightower have a small sample size obviously. Osborn is TBD.

More than half lol. I’d say Thomas, Payton, and Hightower are the only guys who could catch. Payton and Hightower have a small sample size obviously. Osborn is TBD.
You are telling me Payton and Hightower in your opinion with all of their college experience are on your list of proven pass catchers while someone who racked up yards at a D1 program is still TBD. I'll smoke what you're smoking.

Advertisement
You are telling me Payton and Hightower in your opinion with all of their college experience are on your list of proven pass catchers while someone who racked up yards at a D1 program is still TBD. I'll smoke what you're smoking.
I said small sample size obviously since Hightower was hurt most of last year and Payton is a true freshman. So what if Osborn comes in and drops a ****load of balls this year? Wait to judge him until the first few games this year. He’s been solid at Buffalo but Miami isn’t Buffalo.

Better in the sense that they are better football players on top of being bigger stronger and faster they are better route runners catchers and they have better body control

Restrepo is a rocked up 190lbs. He's by far the best looking skill player on our team, and we're loaded with D1 athletes. You probably won't find a WR stronger than him down here.

He was on a visit to Maryland and his dad woke him up early and made him work-out at a local gym. DURING A VISIT. He's a gym rat.

As far as route running and catching is concerned, I'd have to disagree there as well. Those are specialities of his.

Where he lacks is probably length and long speed.

Advertisement
@Coach Macho can you provide any insight as to why we don't get more talent from Deerfield? Is it lack of effort on UM's part or an old grudge with someone on your staff that continues to linger? Appreciate anything you're able to tell us, thanks.

@Coach Macho can you provide any insight as to why we don't get more talent from Deerfield? Is it lack of effort on UM's part or an old grudge with someone on your staff that continues to linger? Appreciate anything you're able to tell us, thanks.

giphy.gif

Busts don't contribute. Every team has several busts per year. The Miami class that just graduated (2015) had at least nine busts. That's how you end up with no depth. I see Restrepo as someone who will make a positive contribution. His floor is higher than many kids we take.

As for his upside, he has the verified physical profile, he's smart, he's tough, he excelled against top competition at camps and he has superior eye-hand coordination. There is a lot to like at slot receiver or safety. Guys like that succeed in college football.

I agree..if this were 2002 again and our roster was stacked with 1st round picks... And you make a good point about every team having busts but we are trying to turn the corner here as a program. I'm just not okay with the staff signing off on a kid who we aren't going into this thing projecting him as an key contributer being the floor and All Acc being the ceiling. If a kids floor before he even steps on campus is fair catching punts and placeholder then he doesn't need to be at UM. Let him go to FAU.

Advertisement
Yo I have nothing against Restrepo and I like his game but

Hes not better than: Mookie Cooper, Jaylin Hyatt, Jahki Douglas, Darin Turner, Xzavier Henderson, Arian Smith, Gary Bryant JR, Rome Odunze, Jaquavion Fraziers, Michael Redding. Thats 10 realistic targets ID rather have at WR.

Other guys that are neck and neck with him : Elijah Canion, Kaleb Long, Kentron Poitier, Ajou Ajou, Deajun Mcdougle, Gerand Turner, Marc Britt (who I might even throw in that first group with a better SR year).

I would take him if it was in between him and guys in that second group but Im not taking him over ANY guys in the first group.

pretty solid athletic testing numbers. Good football player, can play either side of the ball so obviously must be smart enough to do so as well. Solid take in my opinion. Seems like a hard working, intelligent player too per Macho's reports

Jaquan Johnson type profile. Nearly identical players physically. Restrepo's are actually better.

Advertisement
I agree..if this were 2002 again and our roster was stacked with 1st round picks... And you make a good point about every team having busts but we are trying to turn the corner here as a program. I'm just not okay with the staff signing off on a kid who we aren't going into this thing projecting him as an key contributer being the floor and All Acc being the ceiling. If a kids floor before he even steps on campus is fair catching punts and placeholder then he doesn't need to be at UM. Let him go to FAU.

And for the record, I am a fan of Retrospo as a backup SS option if Tennison doesn't want in or keeps playing games. 5'11 190 with 4.5 speed sounds like a SS all day to me. But not as a WR option.

Restrepo is a rocked up 190lbs. He's by far the best looking skill player on our team, and we're loaded with D1 athletes. You probably won't find a WR stronger than him down here.

He was on a visit to Maryland and his dad woke him up early and made him work-out at a local gym. DURING A VISIT. He's a gym rat.

As far as route running and catching is concerned, I'd have to disagree there as well. Those are specialities of his.

Where he lacks is probably length and long speed.
His instincts are what stand out to me. That's an intangible that you can't coach.

Advertisement
Back