Xavier Restrepo transfers from Sta to Deerfield.

@Lance Roffers How do these numbers measure up in your database for WR and DB?
Not Lance, but looked up his post and he said these numbers are for the average All Conference P5 player at both WR and DB

Restrepo had 103 Sparq rating

Data next to position is the average P5 All-Conference player for that position.
Wide Receivers- 183 pounds, 4.64 40, 4.34 SH, 34’ Powerball, 32” Vertical, 91 SPARQ
Safety- 187 pounds, 4.64 40, 4.26 SH, 36’ Powerball, 35” Vertical, 102 SPARQ

Advertisement
Not Lance, but looked up his post and he said these numbers are for the average All Conference P5 player at both WR and DB

Restrepo had 103 Sparq rating

Data next to position is the average P5 All-Conference player for that position.
Wide Receivers- 183 pounds, 4.64 40, 4.34 SH, 34’ Powerball, 32” Vertical, 91 SPARQ
Safety- 187 pounds, 4.64 40, 4.26 SH, 36’ Powerball, 35” Vertical, 102 SPARQ
So he measures as an All Conference athlete. Bring him in!

Advertisement
The thing I like about him is that he's probably not going to bust. Worst case, he's on coverage units, holding field goals, catching punts backed up against the end zone and pushing guys in practice.

Sorry Dmoney.. but if Retrospo ends up doing any of that he was a bust. Not sure we are a the point depth wise where we can throw scholies out there will the "floor expectation" that a kid will be on coverage units and being the field goal holder. Thats preferred walk-on stuff. If the kid cant crack the 2 deep at Safety or Slot WR in the next 3 years then we need to move on.

I know he is a board favorite and I like him too but hoping we see his long term potential as a Safety.

Hes taking someone else's spot thats better which is what i dont like
Better how? A number of the players that we take every year are going to be busts. A number of them the staff will find out are great athletes with no heart..... You can’t have a team of the exact same time of players. You need some diversity. This kid is a player and will come in and work his *** off. I am all in on this kid!

Advertisement
Sorry Dmoney.. but if Retrospo ends up doing any of that he was a bust. Not sure we are a the point depth wise where we can throw scholies out there will the "floor expectation" that a kid will be on coverage units and being the field goal holder. Thats preferred walk-on stuff. If the kid cant crack the 2 deep at Safety or Slot WR in the next 3 years then we need to move on.

I know he is a board favorite and I like him too but hoping we see his long term potential as a Safety.

Busts don't contribute. Every team has several busts per year. The Miami class that just graduated (2015) had at least nine busts. That's how you end up with no depth. I see Restrepo as someone who will make a positive contribution. His floor is higher than many kids we take.

As for his upside, he has the verified physical profile, he's smart, he's tough, he excelled against top competition at camps and he has superior eye-hand coordination. There is a lot to like at slot receiver or safety. Guys like that succeed in college football.

Better how? A number of the players that we take every year are going to be busts. A number of them the staff will find out are great athletes with no heart..... You can’t have a team of the exact same time of players. You need some diversity. This kid is a player and will come in and work his *** off. I am all in on this kid!
Better in the sense that they are better football players on top of being bigger stronger and faster they are better route runners catchers and they have better body control

Mookie Cooper, Jhakai Douglas, Jaylin Hyatt, Darin Turner, and the list goes on an on. We can probably find 10 guys much better than him. Hope I am wrong
I think restrepo is a swiss army knife for us if he is a take. A guy that's not a world beater but a guy who comes of the bench on both sides and keeps starters fresh with not much dropoff

Advertisement
I dont think he is white tho, im pretty sure he is Cuban

Please, let's not turn this into 3 pages of a race/ethnicity debate. Stay on track about football and his abilities vs. other recruits in the class which is debate we should be having.

Not meant to be an attack at you either, just seen threads spiral out of control for pages about off topic stuff, so don't take it that way.

Busts don't contribute. Every team has several busts per year. The Miami class that just graduated (2015) had at least nine busts. That's how you end up with no depth. I see Restrepo as someone who will make a positive contribution. His floor is higher than many kids we take.

As for his upside, he has the verified physical profile, he's smart, he's tough, he excelled against top competition at camps and he has superior eye-hand coordination. There is a lot to like at slot receiver or safety. Guys like that succeed in college football.

and he has the most important attribute, an unwavering work ethic. I hope we take him

Advertisement
Better in the sense that they are better football players on top of being bigger stronger and faster they are better route runners catchers and they have better body control
I don't think their number athletically can be much better than his after seeing the post earlier comparing to P5 players at his position. Those guys you mentioned might have slight physically better traits, but might not have it between the ears who knows, I don't. I'll trust the staff and he gets a legit offer he deserved it, if not well maybe we get some of those guys you mentioned instead.

The thing I like about him is that he's probably not going to bust. Worst case, he's on coverage units, holding field goals, catching punts backed up against the end zone and pushing guys in practice.

agree. And a smart kid with great work ethic and attitude from what we can see. We can always use that in the locker room

I think restrepo is a swiss army knife for us if he is a take. A guy that's not a world beater but a guy who comes of the bench on both sides and keeps starters fresh with not much dropoff
Im not out here tyna recruit bench players my guy you recruit star potential players and if they dont pan out then they go to the bench. Im not gonna take a guy cause he has bench player potential common now

Advertisement
Back