Xavier Restrepo transfers from Sta to Deerfield.

Advertisement
I got a chance to watch Justin Hodges. Certified stud IMO. He had his own island today. He made a few plays that only a CB with his length and athleticism could make.

Good to hear...Woulda been a take for me yesterday, no idea what Rumph is waiting for with some of these locals.

With any undersized kid, you have to evaluate whether those size deficiencies cause any issues on the field. So far, so good. I haven't seen Restrepo's lack of length/size get exposed yet. Matter of fact, he might have been the best player on the field today at the Battle tournament, in terms of impact. (in the games he played, I didn't watch many others)

I always wondered about his long speed but today he got behind defenses several times for long bombs.

I got a chance to watch Justin Hodges. Certified stud IMO. He had his own island today. He made a few plays that only a CB with his length and athleticism could make.

I’m all in on Hodges. Take him as the local “project” scholie. You give one of those each year IMO to a Dade/Broward kid. Hodges isn’t a plug and play but if developed right athletically and technically he could be a monster after 2 years.

I like Restrospo as a backup plan for Tennison. I understand why the staff didn’t accept his commitment right away but I wouldn’t let too many dominoes fall off the board before getting back on him. He shouldn’t be a plan C or D option IMO.

Advertisement
You think STA has great education? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lets see..you don’t even need to take the FCAT at STA to graduate but this kid is taking extra classes & subjecting himself to the FCAT & this is what you say?
FCAT and academic standards should not be in the same conversation. The FCAT is a joke of a standardized test. I don't know how tough STA's standards are, but in most cases a private school has a higher academic standard then public schools and more rigorous courses.

FCAT and academic standards should not be in the same conversation. The FCAT is a joke of a standardized test. I don't know how tough STA's standards are, but in most cases a private school has a higher academic standard then public schools and more rigorous courses.

Regardless of your warped opinion.....the FCAT is another hurdle for this kid to overcome in order to graduate early..........that's the point.

Last edited:
Regardless of your warped opinion.....the FCAT it's another hurdle for this kid to overcome in order to graduate early..........that's the point.
Won't argue with you, I can tell from many threads you're not the kind of person who can be reasoned with, all I know is I took the FCAT from 3rd grade until my Junior year of high school. If you can pass exams at a private school you should not have any issues with the FCAT.

Advertisement
Tell you what Deerfield is up there with STA when it comes to taking talent from other schools. They've taken a few from Gibbons, STA, Heritage etc. And with ely being a shell of the program it was in the 90's and early 2000's I can only imagine how much kids end up at Deerfield that should have been at ely

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back