Xavier Restrepo Talks UA Camp and Junior Day

View as article

Cory Grimes

Freshman
Premium
If you follow South Florida high school football, you know about Xavier Restrepo. Whether it’s Friday nights, 7 on 7s or at the Under Armour Camp on Sunday, every time the guy laces em’ up, he produces. The St. Thomas Aquinas wideout is a precise route runner who takes his craft very serious. On Sunday, he routed his way to being one of the top performers at the camp. Here’s Restrepo’s thoughts after the day:

How do you feel about your performance today?

“It was good, but I always could do better. I always can improve.”

What are you specifically looking to improve?

“Obviously catching, getting faster and coming out the breaks.”

The interest is continuing to pick up around the country, what schools are sticking out to you right now?

“Right now, I have open recruitment. I am not really focused on the colleges right now. I am just trying to get back to the state championship and finish it off this year.”
(Note: Restrepo and Lakeland’s Fenley Graham lined up across from each other in 1 on 1s in a mini state championship rematch. Restrepo won the rematch.)

As for the state championship, it didn’t turn out the way you wanted, but how did that propel into the off-season?
“It made me a lot, a lot hungrier. The determination I have now is just out the roof, and I am going into the off season with that.”

What’s next? More camps?

“I don’t know right now for sure. Just training, playing with Florida Fire for 7 on 7 season, and continuing to grind in and out of school.”

You were at Miami’s Junior day last week, how’d that go?

“It went really good. Really good. Got to try on the uniform, learned more about the school. It was a great experience.”

Restrepo is a technician and an absolute headache to guard. He gave **** to just about every DB that lined up across from him on Sunday. Plant City’s Mario Williams got a lot of the shine after his huge performance in Orlando, but Restrepo was right there with him with the amount of plays he made.

Restrepo says he likes the energy Diaz is bringing to Miami right now. In addition to the recent Miami offer, he holds offers from UGA, Kentucky, Oregon and more. In a year with so much talent at the WR position in South Florida, Restrepo’s name seems to get lost in the mix at times, but that’s not right. He is one of the most reliable pass catching options in the entire country. This dude is always open. When I see Restrepo, I see a kid who loves the game and is a flat-out competitor to the core. Miami is in a good place with Restrepo right now, and the STA raider would be a huge addition to the 2020 class.

Advertisement
@skeeter

Remember what I said about McDougle? It’s under re-evaluation.

Ya I think they are close, maybe slightest of edges Restrepo. Would take either as a pure slot. Obv Fleming/Jones-Bell at top of list and they also have the deep speed to play outside.

Advertisement
Plan b kid. Can't let Rosemy leave SFL I know that. If whoever starts at qb lights it up we should get any wr down here we want.

Love this kid. Hope we don’t slow play him
I don't expect us to be slow playing kids anymore. Telling a kid "we love your game but you're not at the top of our board at the moment", sure. But not talking to him and not actively recruiting him, I expect to see more energy than that out of an organization led by this man.
fl-sp-um-hurricanes-manny-diaz-temple-coach-20181212

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thread not even on page 2 and we got a couple Berrios/Edelman comparisons and a couple “he’s not a burner, but he’s a technician” statements. Classic.

Right? My God if this kid was a TE, people would be go crazy with Tony Gonzalez comparisons

Advertisement
Back