X' & O's guys - our run game

I'm honestly not that impressed by Chaney or Knighton
None of the freshman WRs did much to set themselves apart either. I guess it's fair to wait and see what they accomplish in year 2 with a full slate of spring practices and normal-er offseason.

Advertisement
Scaife not blocking Surrat on that 4th down play where Chaney got stuffed still has me hot.
I played and coach ol currently. I have smoke coming out of my ears STILL. This is a microcosm of the year for him and the rest of our interior.

Simple *** play in hurry up...Mike Backer is DIRECTLY in front of him..we need a yard. What does he do?. He is trying to help Gaynor on a DT that is under control..leaves Surrat scott free and by the time the play is over he is on the other side of the controlled dt pinching the kids ****y and WATCHING Chaney get blown up.

We dont have much running plays..but its going to be hard to run the ball without being creative with 3 weak *** interior guys in clark, scaife, gaynor..2 of those are centers and weak ones at that...and a finesse tackle in Williams. Our pass pro has definately improved though.

To add to that...this wr group as well as te's are the most weakest run blockers we have had. There are legitimate juniors in high school in dade/broward more physical in the run game than Wiggins/Pope/Mallory. You know its bad when i legitmately have more faith in Harley making a block than those guys.

I'm honestly not that impressed by Chaney or Knighton
Tough to judge true freshman RBs running behind a pathetic OL.

As to Knighton, I think he can be used more creatively/dynamically. Lashlee didn’t do a good enough job of getting him in space. He is one of the few guys on our roster that can make guys miss.

Gaynor is terrible. Scaife is terrible. Clark is super limited athletically and physically. There’s your answer.

I played and coach ol currently. I have smoke coming out of my ears STILL. This is a microcosm of the year for him and the rest of our interior.

Simple *** play in hurry up...Mike Backer is DIRECTLY in front of him..we need a yard. What does he do?. He is trying to help Gaynor on a DT that is under control..leaves Surrat scott free and by the time the play is over he is on the other side of the controlled dt pinching the kids ****y and WATCHING Chaney get blown up.

We dont have much running plays..but its going to be hard to run the ball without being creative with 3 weak *** interior guys in clark, scaife, gaynor..2 of those are centers and weak ones at that...and a finesse tackle in Williams. Our pass pro has definately improved though.

To add to that...this wr group as well as te's are the most weakest run blockers we have had. There are legitimate juniors in high school in dade/broward more physical in the run game than Wiggins/Pope/Mallory. You know its bad when i legitmately have more faith in Harley making a block than those guys.

Thanks man. Do you think 3 OL coaches in 3yrs has contributed to this abomination?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I used to be critical of Lashlee's lack of run concepts too... until I actually zoned in on our OL.
They are atrocious.

There's only so much you can run with those cows blocking.

That's probably one of the reasons zone/read is our favorite run, because you actually don't HAVE to block everybody. 😆 (the QB is responsible for "blocking" the DE)

I used to be critical of Lashlee's lack of run concepts too... until I actually zoned in on our OL.
They are atrocious.

There's only so much you can run with those cows blocking.

That's probably one of the reasons zone/read is our favorite run, because you actually don't HAVE to block everybody. 😆 (the QB is responsible for "blocking" the DE)
Everyone thinks gaynor is a dog. He stays getting pushed back. Clark isn’t that good either

I personally hate Lashlee's offense. Here's why I hate it:

1. No counters.
  2. No Pulling 1 or 2 OL on run plays
  3. No H-Back plays that block across the formation or same side traps.
  4. No motioning Slot to backfield to help block or run quick swing passes.
  5. Lacks 2 TE power plays or option to pass from a 2 TE set.
  6. No Trips formations
  7. Limited WR route combinations
  8. No WR or TE coordinated pick plays
I mean, he may not do them with regularity, but I've watched like 12 of his games PRIOR to his UM games. He has every single one of these in his playbook. We showed some of it in spurts. Not all that well. For a number of reasons, we weren't prepared or capable of running them this season. #3 really stands out because I watched his H-Back do it repeatedly at UCONN of all places. We flashed it a couple times here. We just didn't do anything consistently well and that's not as simple "the OL sucks" or "Lashlee's playcalling sucked."

Advertisement
Tough to judge true freshman RBs running behind a pathetic OL.

As to Knighton, I think he can be used more creatively/dynamically. Lashlee didn’t do a good enough job of getting him in space. He is one of the few guys on our roster that can make guys miss.

Watching Chaney try to cut is painful to watch. Very stiff.

Advertisement
I’ve read the word WEAK about 20 times in 2 pages in this thread. So why do me and the few others that question Feeley get clowned? I understand O line is a lot of technique, but in short yardage situations it’s about beating the guy in front of you and we never do that. Nobody on our team straight up bullies the person in front of them, outside of a few plays on the D line.

When is he gonna be questioned for this? We look well conditioned but that does nothing when you are functionally weak across the board.

Thanks man. Do you think 3 OL coaches in 3yrs has contributed to this abomination?

Go Canes!
No poor evals..bad fits at positons. Gaynor really is aback up guy ona good um ol, Scaife has regressed to the point i dont know why he plays. He is miscast as a guard..he doesnt know who to block half the time and just seems to lack confidence. These kids couldve had the same ol coach for 3 years and still be sh*tty

I mean, he may not do them with regularity, but I've watched like 12 of his games PRIOR to his UM games. He has every single one of these in his playbook. We showed some of it in spurts. Not all that well. For a number of reasons, we weren't prepared or capable of running them this season. #3 really stands out because I watched his H-Back do it repeatedly at UCONN of all places. We flashed it a couple times here. We just didn't do anything consistently well and that's not as simple "the OL sucks" or "Lashlee's playcalling sucked."

His "H backs" here cant block or ae to pu$$y to. Mallory cant block, Hodges isnt that either.
Brevin Jordan is likely our best blocking te and that shouldnt be

Advertisement
None of the freshman WRs did much to set themselves apart either. I guess it's fair to wait and see what they accomplish in year 2 with a full slate of spring practices and normal-er offseason.
Keyshawn looked great but the coaches are idiots

OL is much improved from last year but still not good enough in the run game to be dominant there. Simply cannot expect to go from what we saw last year to some road grading machine this year. I think the improvements we did see were very encouraging. Now everyone except Williams is back AGAIN, can you continue to improve?
Season ends, cycle time. Summer time, cycle time. Lord up on the winstrol and deer antler fellas.

The current o line can't run block period, they can't pull, they can't trap, theyre terrible in space, they can't get any push what so ever. Te's dont block, wr's dont block. That kind of eliminates a lot of running plays.
You don’t need that to have a strong run game. Spread them out, use wide splits for the oline and you have running lanes all night. Get out of the shotgun some and use pistol sometimes so you can show different looks and run counters, tosses, and not just dives and power. We just run the same plays over and over. The defense knows what is coming.

I personally hate Lashlee's offense. Here's why I hate it:

1. No counters.
  2. No Pulling 1 or 2 OL on run plays
  3. No H-Back plays that block across the formation or same side traps.
  4. No motioning Slot to backfield to help block or run quick swing passes.
  5. Lacks 2 TE power plays or option to pass from a 2 TE set.
  6. No Trips formations
  7. Limited WR route combinations
  8. No WR or TE coordinated pick plays

I get the sentiment, but dislike what we do for different reasons.

I hate we don’t commit to attacking the middle with the pass and use it to back defenses off the run. It works so well for us but we do it so little.

King likes to step up in the pocket to run more than scramble to the outside. We don’t have receivers coming across his face often enough to put defenses in serious trouble.

Longo did that for Howell and they picked up some key 1st downs because Howell had a receiver coming over the short middle when initially no one was open.

Advertisement
Back