X had 17 targets?!!

X considers every single pass his , like Fred Belitnikoff HOF WR Raiders quote:

If you can touch the ball you catch the ball

This is X mindset , yes he’s human and may miss one here and there but I assure you it won’t happen very often.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Last weekend TVD put a ball out to Colbie young that he should have caught over the db. He dropped it. Another pass went right into his hands and he dropped it.

In the Ga Tech game, JG ran into Restrepo and no one was a target. He also ran the wrong route on the interception.

Does anyone seriously question why he goes to Restrepo when he needs a catch?
Don’t forget the dime that smacked 15 in the face mask lol.

And TVD was his usual unemotional self looking to the sidelines for the next play.
Showing emotion is one of the most overrated aspects of TVD‘s game and tbh kinda dumb. I’d rather him be stoic at all times rather than being an emotional basket case any good or bad play. Throwing a temper tantrum on the sideline has nothing to do with leadership. Regardless if it’s good or bad he’s on to the next play. But I know people want to continue shredding everything he does even though we’ve had a multitude of other issues holding the team back the last two games. Like 19 pressures in one game and no running game. If we can’t run the ball on a light box nothing will matter.

Advertisement
Showing emotion is one of the most overrated aspects of TVD‘s game and tbh kinda dumb. I’d rather him be stoic at all times rather than being an emotional basket case any good or bad play. Throwing a temper tantrum on the sideline has nothing to do with leadership. Regardless if it’s good or bad he’s on to the next play. But I know people want to continue shredding everything he does even though we’ve had a multitude of other issues holding the team back the last two games. Like 19 pressures in one game and no running game. If we can’t run the ball on a light box nothing will matter.

You know what's funny? And I'm gonna open this can of worms today, cause I know people are gonna freak out, and I got time today.

But I think a lot of this same attitude is what makes him a good golfer. He has that same temperament that almost all good golfers have (save Tiger). On the golf course, you know no matter what, you're going to have some good and some bad. So the best players don't get too high or too low over the course of a round. You just put your head down and it's on to the next one, whether it's good or bad. The most important shot is the next shot. I think he just naturally has that same attitude towards everything. I'm gonna throw a TD, and I'm probably gonna make a poor throw too. Don't get too high or low. The most important throw is the next throw and you can't take back the last one. It's gone. Learn from it, and get better.

Last weekend TVD put a ball out to Colbie young that he should have caught over the db.
Are you talking about the deep post where Colbie had a step on the DB and the pass was about 10 yards under thrown? I’m no TVD hater but this is a bad example, and also wonder if everyone would be harping on the “Young can’t create separation” if that ball was laid out in front of him.

Are you talking about the deep post where Colbie had a step on the DB and the pass was about 10 yards under thrown? I’m no TVD hater but this is a bad example, and also wonder if everyone would be harping on the “Young can’t create separation” if that ball was laid out in front of him.
I don’t think that’s the one he’s referring to

Advertisement
A QB seemingly out of emotional control is not a good thing. Being the team leader and to up or down will have a direct affect on his team mates on both sides of the ball. Remaining calm during the storm is an attribute I’ll take any time.

I don’t think that’s the one he’s referring to
That’s the only pass I remember going to Young other than underneath stuff but I admittedly haven’t been able to make myself rewatch it after seeing it in person.

So now TVD is not emotional enough now. Okay...

Heres the thing: The reason why certain peoples favourite players aren't playing as much as they would like to is because for one of two reasons:

1. They don't practice well.

2. They don't know consistenly what to do.

Even in the UNC broadcast, they said, certain players are not playing on defense because they haven't mastered the playbook.

1697732239613.png

Advertisement
Do you think we can’t run because we don’t have enough speed at tailback I’ve seen holes be there but the back is afraid to bounce it outside and create more yards

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do you think we can’t run because we don’t have enough at tailback I’ve seen holes be there but the back is afraid to bounce it outside and create more yards
Imo it’s a little of both. But the biggest issue is teams are sitting back two safeties high and daring us to run and we can’t do it consistently. We also aren’t using the TE so that means X is the only reliable guy that can creates space underneath from the slot. The film is out and our tendencies have been exposed some. If there’s no pressure on the seams or in the middle of the field we’re screwed. If we can’t run the ball into a light box we’re screwed. Nothing else matters.

IMG_0315.png

For ***** and giggles, here’s Tank Dells career CFB stats. Played in the slot when Dawson was there.

You know what's funny? And I'm gonna open this can of worms today, cause I know people are gonna freak out, and I got time today.

But I think a lot of this same attitude is what makes him a good golfer. He has that same temperament that almost all good golfers have (save Tiger). On the golf course, you know no matter what, you're going to have some good and some bad. So the best players don't get too high or too low over the course of a round. You just put your head down and it's on to the next one, whether it's good or bad. The most important shot is the next shot. I think he just naturally has that same attitude towards everything. I'm gonna throw a TD, and I'm probably gonna make a poor throw too. Don't get too high or low. The most important throw is the next throw and you can't take back the last one. It's gone. Learn from it, and get better.
F that.....Next time TVDs on a course me and @Mklein13 are gonna sneak out there dressed as Gophers, and set off dynamite Ala Caddyshack....

Imo it’s a little of both. But the biggest issue is teams are sitting back two safeties high and daring us to run and we can’t do it consistently. We also aren’t using the TE so that means X is the only reliable guy that can creates space underneath from the slot. The film is out and our tendencies have been exposed some. If there’s no pressure on the seams or in the middle of the field we’re screwed. If we can’t run the ball into a light box we’re screwed. Nothing else matters.
It’s crazy to think about us not using our tightends as threats in the passing game lol we finally get a very good oc and our tightends are no longer being used I know why but it’s still kind of funny to think about. I think we have to use Breshard and Cj more in the backfield to give us a true home run threat back there Don used to make me think he could house runs but this year so far he’s still not all the way back with his speed it seems so he’s just popping those 20 yard runs instead of the house calls we need to really scare these teams and help our team get easy points

Advertisement
Back