X = A Real HURRICANE

Advertisement
That kid is so much more mature than grown *** men on a message board. He’s the epitome of a team guy that loves his teammates and gives it everything. He’s been considered corny or a try hard by past teammates because he works his *** off and cares.

Llast night when the game was crumbling
around them and Tvd had his head down sulking you see a hand come in the screen to push Tyler’s chin up. As to say “ you’re our leader , guys are watching you”. That alone was one of the most selfless , mature moments I’ve ever seen in football. With all that chaos and pity he was thinking of the big picture. Then we took the ball down field and scored. I don’t think many 40 year old men are that aware of situations nowadays.

I personally love this group and it’s obvious this isn’t the same type of guys that quit or not showing up after a bad L. Even if the coach made a boneheaded decision. I’d go to war with that cat any day of the week.

I’ll be watching at 730 and I expect a good performance.
Helluva player & impressive character, but Restrepo nor any other player need apologize to message board warriors. It’s painful watching Matt Lee, Don Chaney & others publicly crying their hearts out. The apology should come from the head coach to his players. Don’t say I should have stepped in & had us take a knee. Or babble on about ball security. No, look the players in the eye - one by one - and apologize & tell them you screwed up.

Love this kid, 💯 grit and determination, he will be missed when he’s gone. I’ll say this, 58 years old, sat in OB for all the great times and the few not so great. This game will not define us, fight on canes. There are some great kids on this team, the future is bright, go get it ! Today, watch film, let it marinate in and use it to fuel you for the best week of practice you have had. Go to NC and open up a can on UNC, that’s who you are.

It’s mind boggling how anyone could ever speak one bad word about this man.

A true Cane.

Fights on every play.

Leaves everything he has on the field.

Loves this program and fans even when they don’t
show that same love back.

Some how we get blessed with kids like this still wanting to play for the “crib”

He won’t truly be appreciated until he’s gone.

Oh and.. TVD, go ahead and hand over all your NIL to this man..

X is the best player on this team period followed very closely by Parrish .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Im not triggered. Just not a fan. Im not throwing a fit or acting crazy like someone that is triggered.

Would zo have said that when he played?

Reed?

Taylor?

Lewis?

If you like him thats fantastic and im not telling you not to.

I prefer the actions of old-school canes. Just what I prefer.

Like the old-school Canes that spend their Saturdays in Boulder (Colorado) giving the Buff's coach sideline rim jobs?

Like the old-school Canes that spend their Saturdays in Boulder (Colorado) giving the Buff's coach sideline rim jobs?
Umm i dont really see what that has to do with the canes.

You think maybe they see sanders as a better coach than mario?

When they played did they ever compliment fsu after losing to them?

Advertisement
Umm i dont really see what that has to do with the canes.

You think maybe they see sanders as a better coach than mario?

Really?
How many bowls has Freon won?
And even, for argument's sake, why would former Cane players spend an inordinate amount of time fellating
a coach at another school simply because he is the "better" coach?
What does this say about their ties to their school?

I pray TVDucks leaves
After sorting through a ton of the bull**** posts from last night I finally see this and completely agree with it. He has tons of experience but there are too many examples of him folding like a cheap suit when things get tough. The fact that X had to go over to remind him to keep his head up last night is just another in the long line of examples.

I hope Mario finds a guy who really cares about winning next season because it could be pretty special.

Advertisement
For what ever reason.. kid gets way to much hate, especially during times this season while having one of the best seasons by a Cane WR.

I want a X on this roster every year.

I pray he stays.
Dude bailed out TVD all day, making tough catch after tough catch. That 4th down conversion never should have happened. I thought it was actually a bad play call by Dawson for a 4th and short situation. Was an even worse throw by TVD, but X bailed them both out.

For what ever reason.. kid gets way to much hate, especially during times this season while having one of the best seasons by a Cane WR.

I pray he stays.
He gets hate because he doesn’t run a 4.4, isn’t 6ft or taller, and wasn’t a highly rated recruit all while being on an offense that lost its way a quarter of the way through the season.

There is 0 reason he should get even 10% of the hate he gets. Is he the best receiver we have? No.

People take/took their frustrations out on him because he knows how to get open and TVD and the offense relied on that to get him the ball even for short completions when other receivers were open further down field.

Dude is a straight baller and I wish every Hurricane had his work ethic and heart.

Advertisement

I pray he stays.
Hate? Where do you see all this hate? X is one of the most beloved Cane players of the past 3 years. We missed him terribly last year when he went down. The kid is a fighter and always leaves it all out on the field. He is a leader and consummate team player. Then on top of that he is a playmaker who is invaluable to this offense and this team. I think TVD gets a lot of criticism for locking in on Restrepo too much plus the fact that they are best friends and roommates so perhaps X is sometimes an unwitting recipient of that criticism by proxy but not because the fans don't respect and greatly appreciate him. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see all this hate.

He gets hate because he doesn’t run a 4.4, isn’t 6ft or taller, and wasn’t a highly rated recruit all while being on an offense that lost its way a quarter of the way through the season.

There is 0 reason he should get even 10% of the hate he gets. Is he the best receiver we have? No.

People take/took their frustrations out on him because he knows how to get open and TVD and the offense relied on that to get him the ball even for short completions when other receivers were open further down field.

Dude is a straight baller and I wish every Hurricane had his work ethic and heart.
He gets hate because he doesn't run 4.4 or isn't 6ft? That isn't hate. Has the meaning of the word hate changed significantly in the last 10 years? Is hate now a synonym for criticism? Even then I don't see X being the recipient of a bunch of unfounded criticism. Unless you construe the general sentiment that this offense needs a true #1 as hatred towards X which is ridiculous.

Of course the kid is a straight baller! Everyone knows and understands that. I would take X on my offense any day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

Advertisement
Back