X’s future

Berrios also didn't really do much as a receiver before his senior year. He really only had one good year catching the ball and that was in 2017 with Malik Rosier when they didn't really have anyone else once Richards got hurt. The next leading receiver was Jeff Thomas with 17 catches.

Advertisement
Berrios also didn't really do much as a receiver before his senior year. He really only had one good year catching the ball and that was in 2017 with Malik Rosier when they didn't really have anyone else once Richards got hurt. The next leading receiver was Jeff Thomas with 17 catches.
This board trashed Berrios for years. I remember. We could pull receipts but it’s probably some of the same people now singing his praises

I’ll not put down a Cane to prop another Cane up but what X is doing so far this year is amazing and what Berrios is doing in the pros is amazing

I’ll just leave it at that

Restrepo is a far better receiver than Berrios but Berrios isn’t in the NFL because he’s a great receiver. He’s made a career as a return man and he’s much better than Restrepo in that regard.
Far better?

Tino Seriously GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

This board trashed Berrios for years. I remember. We could pull receipts but it’s probably some of the same people now singing his praises

I’ll not put down a Cane to prop another Cane up but what X is doing so far this year is amazing and what Berrios is doing in the pros is amazing

You're 100% correct. I was a fan as he went to high school near me and had blind homerism. Most despised him and wrote him off.

Advertisement
Far better?

Tino Seriously GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
If we're taking return ability out of the equation, I'm taking Restrepo ten times out of ten as a receiver. I'm not Bashing Berrios. He was solid. I just think Restrepo is a better downfield threat and better at picking up yards after the catch.

Berrios is a very capable punt/kick returner and he's made a nice career out of it in the NFL and that's ultimately going to limit X's NFL potential.

Not even in the same realm. This is terrible.

Agree. Terrible comp. Steve Smith was crazy fast and built with a low center of gravity. From what I can remember, he played mostly outside despite his size. X is more of the shifty type that would excel in the slot. One is a homerun waiting to happen, while the other I consider more of a possession receiver with some wiggle.

he'll be back unless something catastrophic happens

I know this thread is about X, but I'm very interested in the RB room. Parrish comes back and it's getting crowded in there

Advertisement

Truest post ever written. But the bolded is easily my biggest gripe with this board. I'll never understand it. I just remind myself they just talking **** so it ain't that serious but **** if it isn't aggravating.

xavier was good anyways, but good reminder that stars aren't always the clear indicator

TVD and Dawson got this cat averaging more ypg than marvin harrison (and against better comp)
1695265322410.png

Advertisement
It’s going to depend on where he lands and what system he’s in. Wes Welker, who is similar to X had a very productive NFL career. X would have done very well with Brady…he needs to go to that type of system.

I could see an NFL team taking a late flyer on him, and him having moderate success in the league. Reliable, great hands, hard to bring down, sticks mover... Every team needs 3rd down receiver like him.

Advertisement
xavier was good anyways, but good reminder that stars aren't always the clear indicator

TVD and Dawson got this cat averaging more ypg than marvin harrison (and against better comp)
View attachment 257761

Yup, I mentioned this in another thread a few days ago. Mentioned how our top 3 WRs were three stars coming out of HS, that Dawson has them averaging more than OSU's guys, that I am not worried about landing "elite" WRs because of his ability to SCHEME them open.

Some seemed upset about that. Go figure.

Advertisement
Back