Wydermyer recaps "amazing" official visit to Miami last weekend

Advertisement
Our only TE is 6'1 smh

Bet we wait until the last minute to offer that Synder kid

Someone want to explain why we only recruited 3 TEs this cycle?

We need to get in on Sam Snyder from the west coast if Florida. Laser 4.59 at 6’5 and he’s having a huge senior year.
6-5/215 abut the same size Mallory was as a senior
no huge offers yet--https://247sports.com/player/sam-snyder-46053321/

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sam Snyder, Fleming Island, FL

6’5, 215, 4.59 and 40 inch vert verified. Played LT last year and is getting better in passing game.

The ref busting his @ss at like :38 had me rolling.

I say redshirt him, see what he becomes after a year or 2. Cut him lose if he aint **** after his redshirt Sophomore year with a degree and a grad transfer status.

Wydermeyer was a 3star as well. This Snyder kid gas the physical tools to play here from what i see

My response was to Wydermeyer being a 3-star. It’s not like we missed out on Kellen Winslow or something. I don’t know enough about this Snyder kid to make a comment.

Advertisement
Always found it weird how hard we've been going after Wydermyer and Zipperer when our top two TEs are both true freshmen.

What made the coaches confident in landing him? He always seemed to be a long shot.

I imagine our recruiting meetings (if we even have those anymore) go something like this:

Richt “How we looking for this Weidermeyer kid from Texas”

Hartley “Well he did say he enjoyed the free steak and lobster”

Richt “Great, looks like we got him, add him to the commits board and cease all contact with any other recruit. Good meeting, time for bingo at St Jesus’ Church for the Delusional”

Advertisement
Snyder actually looks pretty intriguing. Great size and athleticism with plenty of upside and some decent offers. Currently a Louisville commit.

But according to Stefan's recruiting update this morning, this staff may turn its attention to a local TE with atrocious SPARQ testing numbers and a grand total of 3 current offers.

Yet another staff where it seems certain posters have a better eye for possible 11th-hour options than they do. Never a good sign.

We need to get in on Sam Snyder from the west coast if Florida. Laser 4.59 at 6’5 and he’s having a huge senior year.

West coast? Hes from Jacksonville right? If so that is Hartley’s area and his position. Should have been all over him by now. That film is legit

Advertisement
Back