Wydermyer readies for official visit, updates recruitment

Advertisement
Agreed. No way we take more than two this year. Take Mamarelli in 2020 and then Cane Berrong in 2021.
I just noticed I put ‘19 instead of ‘20...whoops lol. But yea, it’s the same with the WR argument. We’re not taking TJ if Jadon signs on the line.

Mamarelli is 2020, plus irvin or polendy may not stick around.
They’re sticking around. Right now Polendey is our only in-line guy and Irvin can easily switch to FB.

Y’all need to stop making up these fake scenarios.

Advertisement
One glaring thing stood out to me about this interview. If he loved everything about the atmosphere at A&M and atmosphere is going to be a deciding factor, I don't see our chances high that this kid ever would sign at Miami.

College Station/A&M and Coral Gables/Miami couldn't be more different. If he would have been a Texas(UT) target and said similar things then I could see Miami having a chance if atmosphere is the deciding factor.

This interview doesn't give me a positive view of Miami's position in this recruitment.

Last edited:
Land him or Zip and we'll have 6 TEs on the roster next year (Irvin and Polendey back from knee injuries). Nice depth.

Understand, but disagree. We'd have 6 designated TEs, not 6 viable starting or likely to contribute TEs. Two would be true frosh. Two, Irvin or Polendey, aren't who we want to need as starters. And I love Mallory, but he needs the weight room to be a force for us. I also think that will happen, but not sure if that is next year. Hopefully it is.

Advertisement
One glaring thing stood out to me about this interview. If he loved everything about the atmosphere at A&M and atmosphere is going to be a deciding factor, I don't see our chances high that this kid ever would sign at Miami.

College Station/A&M and Coral Gables/Miami couldn't be more different. If he would have been a Texas(UT) target and said similar things then I could see Miami having a chance if atmosphere is the deciding factor.

This interview doesn't give me a positive view of Miami's position in this recruitment.

**** Austin to College Station is Night and Day.

This is another kid who grew up a Miami fan. Saw a tweet months ago where she said Miami is the offer you always wanted. And his reply was yep. If he can commit, I think he would.

Advertisement
I am making an assumption but wen th f have u seen irvin ball?

He has a role on this team when healthy. Our depth at TE is not great and he's got experience and been in the strength and conditioning program for a couple years now.

Hodges(hopefully) might be a hback or fullback more so than a tight end imo
Wydermyre looks like a terrific prospect. Love how he runs, uses his hands and body. Would take him irrespective of Zip. And if we got both them (and Haselwood :eekeyes: ) and turned Hodges into a FB, Richt is kinda a boss on offense.

Advertisement
He has a role on this team when healthy. Our depth at TE is not great and he's got experience and been in the strength and conditioning program for a couple years now.
Polendy has more of a role than irvin. N srry if we only take 1 WR i would take 3 TEs. Cnt turn away Wyn or Zip if they want in.

Advertisement
Back