Wyche

Pretty sure I read on this site Wyche was gonna be the next Big Vince.

Pretty sure Rok led that charge. One of the WEZ's own.

180px-Sarcasm_detector.jpg

Advertisement
Wyche problem.is that he is not a technician. He is as strong as an OX and can take on double teams but he can't move , he is like a stomp. If you looking pass rush forget about it. run stopper yes!

That is poor coaching on Jethro's Part, coach Rick Petri would have had Wyche well on his way to correcting his poor techniques. Another issue I have with Franklin's performance thus far, in coaching up average players. Petri has Duke no stars and two stars dlinemen playing like all americans over the last 4 yrs.

Go Canes

Wyche problem.is that he is not a technician. He is as strong as an OX and can take on double teams but he can't move , he is like a stomp. If you looking pass rush forget about it. run stopper yes!

That is poor coaching on Jethro's Part, coach Rick Petri would have had Wyche well on his way to correcting his poor techniques. Another issue I have with Franklin's performance thus far, in coaching up average players. Petri has Duke no stars and two stars dlinemen playing like all americans over the last 4 yrs.

Go Canes

Guys like Rick Petri would never corch for a guy who wants his DL with no hands on the ground and on their heels. That guy was a badass DL coach.

Advertisement

Go Canes

Wyche is the kid with the 275 lb squat, right? And...we're blaming Jethroe for not developing him 2 games into Wyche's time here?

There is a disconnect with reality on this site.

LOL!!! You guys are entertaining. Not a one of you has a clue what kind of technique Wyche has at this point and nobody here knows exactly where his conditioning is. Golden says he is getting into much better shape and I expect him to start contributing in just a few weeks. In the mean time, Jenkins and Heurtelou are both weighing in at 315, hardly undersized, and both are playing the nose very, very well.

Go Canes

Wyche is the kid with the 275 lb squat, right? And...we're blaming Jethroe for not developing him 2 games into Wyche's time here?

You've got to be kidding me, a NT that can only squat 275lb can't hold the point of attack in high school much less college. If true I guess that explains why we cant put him out there and let him play the plug the same way Nick Saban used Terrence "Mount" Cody.

Advertisement

I wouldn't say that a 340lb who can only squat 250lbs is as strong as an Ox.

LOL!!! You guys are entertaining. Not a one of you has a clue what kind of technique Wyche has at this point and nobody here knows exactly where his conditioning is. Golden says he is getting into much better shape and I expect him to start contributing in just a few weeks. In the mean time, Jenkins and Heurtelou are both weighing in at 315, hardly undersized, and both are playing the nose very, very well.

Feel free to give us a full breakdown of his technique and conditioning with links as well, Jethro.

Look forward to your reply, thanks in advance!

Wyche is a big solid kid who is out of shape. I think next year, once he's in shape, he's going to be a solid plug in that middle along with Big Huert and Jenkins.

Wyche has been somewhat overrated on these boards though IMO. I remember when he was recruited, reading in a few places, that while he was a good, solid prospect, many coaches that coached against him weren't "blown away" at the JUCO level. I think a lot of people overhyped the guy, and his background as if he was going to be some sort of Cross breed of Big Vince, Warren Sapp, and a rabid Rhinoceros.

Expectations were somewhat out of kilter for this guy, coupled with the fact that he missed Spring because of the ACC bullsh*t, and came in out of shape, well, that pretty much means he will be of limited use for us this year. Hopefully he can have a solid year next year, but anyone expecting this guy to be Wilfork II is not being realistic. I think the 1, 2, 3, of hopefully in shape, and healthy Huert, Wyche and Jenkins at NT next year will be about as good as we have had in almost a decade at UM.

Go Canes

I said on his way to correcting the poor technique problem not having it corrected. Also Wyche only squatted 275lbs because he was rehabbing an ankle injury, which also is what had slowed his conditioning progress from before he arrived on campus. So please know your facts before you come on here talking crap.

[video=youtube_share;nE9-ixHtVjA]http://youtu.be/nE9-ixHtVjA[/video]

Advertisement

I would differ on that opinion in this case only.

[video=youtube_share;D0cJp8fbIbo]http://youtu.be/D0cJp8fbIbo[/video]

Go Canes

I said on his way to correcting the poor technique problem not having it corrected. Also Wyche only squatted 275lbs because he was rehabbing an ankle injury, which also is what had slowed his conditioning progress from before he arrived on campus. So please know your facts before you come on here talking crap.

[video=youtube_share;nE9-ixHtVjA]http://youtu.be/nE9-ixHtVjA[/video]
A weak squat is a weak squat regardless of the reason. My point, that you apparently missed, was that there is no reason to crucify Jethroe for Wyche's lack of development after 2 games when the kid has obvious problems at this time.

And, BTW, go **** yourself.

Advertisement
There was one poster that said if Wyche made it in, miams defense would be a top ten defense lol

If I remember correctly Wyche had the Achilles injury when he arrived at Miami

Advertisement
Back