Wyche

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Wasn't there supposed to be a snag with Wyche's admission? Is that still the case? Or am I completely making that up?

Advertisement
Glad, I wasn't crazy. Found Pete's "Work" from 12-27...so anyone have an update?

**Miami got a big boost to their recruiting class yesterday with the signing of Junior College defensive tackle Calvin Heurtelou, but it will come down to the wire with the other junior college commit, Michael Wyche. Wyche is currently struggling to qualify for Miami and the Canes have sent in an appeal for him. A class with Wyche and Heurtelou would go a long way to solving the issues on the defensive line, so hopefully for Miami they can get Wyche into school.

Hope they get this kid in. Losing him and Valentine is more than I can take. We need a nasty animal somewhere.

Damnit. wyche was the one that really concerned me from the get-go.

He really needs a spring with us. Nothing worse than a JC DT coming in July, overweight, and not being able to get his legs underneath him until December. Waste of a year.

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 32m
On Mike Wyche: RT @ChrisFreet: @mattyports signed NLI, but not on early enrollee list at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
233.gif

This ******* program and DTs man. We can't get preps. We can't get JUCOs. If it isn't our admissions holding it up, it is the clearinghouse. If it isn't them, it's the ******* worthless ACC.

Apparently the hold up is he has to be at the same junior college for 3 semesters per ACC rules, but he was only in his college for 2. He's in the process of appealing

Advertisement
Apparently the hold up is he has to be at the same junior college for 3 semesters per ACC rules, but he was only in his college for 2. He's in the process of appealing

Please provide source link on that rule.

Go canes

Please provide source link on that rule.

Go canes

A nonqualifier who transfers to a conference institution from a two-year college must have graduated with an AA degree, satisfactorily completed a minimum of 48 semester or 72 quarter hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on transferable degree credit acceptable toward any baccalaureate degree program at the certifying institution, and have attended the two-year college as a full-time student for at least three semesters or four quarters (excluding summer terms) in order to be eligible for competition, practice, and athletically related financial aid.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/genrel/auto_pdf/ACCEligibilityRules.pdf

An ACC rule that makes ACC teams less competitive. How much does anyone wanna bet me that this rule came from the Duke/Wake/UNC cabal that runs this conference. They were probably afraid of FSU or NC State getting juco transfers in basketball.

What a ****ed up, stupid rule!!

Advertisement
Back