2024 Wyatt Gilmore 3* Edge from MN (Commits to the Sooners)

Advertisement
The last time we recruited the #1 Edge from MN, didn't end well. Hopefully, this go around is different.

We sure he’s a TE? Kid makes some nice plays at DE though the comp perhaps suspect

Edit: I see the DE references now. I mean…kid looks pretty good

Advertisement
Who was that? I can't remember. The last Cane I remember from Minnesota was Henderson.
Jaxon Howard. I'd Men In Black that recruitment too. LOL

200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

He details why each of those five schools are in his final group.

Miami: "Miami is a team that has dominated college football in the past and I think because of what they are doing now they can make a run like that again and be the top dogs in college ball. The University of Miami is a highly respected school and a degree from there will be very helpful after football is said and done. I think their coaching staff is awesome and having an opportunity to get coached by coach Taylor could be something special. I’ve gotten really close with a lot of the staff like coach Salave’a, coach Cristobal and coach Maalouf."

He details why each of those five schools are in his final group.

Miami: "Miami is a team that has dominated college football in the past and I think because of what they are doing now they can make a run like that again and be the top dogs in college ball. The University of Miami is a highly respected school and a degree from there will be very helpful after football is said and done. I think their coaching staff is awesome and having an opportunity to get coached by coach Taylor could be something special. I’ve gotten really close with a lot of the staff like coach Salave’a, coach Cristobal and coach Maalouf."

We are loading up on the Dline

I feel like he would be better in a 3-4 system as a DE. He sets the edge well in the run game and has good not great speed, high motor. He will be a good player but not in a 4-3.

Advertisement
I feel like he would be better in a 3-4 system as a DE. He sets the edge well in the run game and has good not great speed, high motor. He will be a good player but not in a 4-3.
By absolutely watching zero film I concur, by looks I give his future comp as Morgan fox

So you’re basically confirming that he’ll be a fit for our D?

Advertisement
Back