WVU article on Harley: so perfect you'd think it was satire

Advertisement
[MENTION=1148]pook187[/MENTION]... Why are you mass downvoting posters yet again? You even downvoted someone for saying "great article dude!" Was that comment really that offensive to you?

What is Pook's story, seems like a really negative type dude.

I don't know but i think he has a lot of posts on this board. It's not like he's one of those lurking weasels who downvotes everyone and has never contributed. Maybe he fell into a funk? I think he needs an intervention.
[MENTION=1148]pook187[/MENTION] we're trying to do an outreach and bring you back into the fold. You're better than this. Come back before it's too late...before you'll be forever known as either Poop187 because you shît on every post with a downvote, or by your rap name, Sir Neg-A-Lot.

Edit: I wrote this prior to seeing Pook's response below. He clearly doesn't share the sense of humor, good or bad, that I have about this so I apologize for pushing the issue on him.

Last edited:
[MENTION=1148]pook187[/MENTION]... Why are you mass downvoting posters yet again? You even downvoted someone for saying "great article dude!" Was that comment really that offensive to you?

It's a vapid response. Let's keep posts meaningful. I intentionally don't respond unless addressed directly and only post when I have something meaningful to say. I do this out of the tremendous respect I have for the mods and leadership of this forum.

Good day.

Pook can take a seat for 7 days. Think about his options. Life choices. Support group.

He's going to need the community to have his back when he returns.

It's a vapid response. Let's keep posts meaningful. I intentionally don't respond unless addressed directly and only post when I have something meaningful to say. I do this out of the tremendous respect I have for the mods and leadership of this forum.

Good day.

Appreciate your responding, and I look forward to more down votes on my irrelevant posts.

Advertisement

Good day.
Ok. To each his own then.

Here are my assumptions on this whole situation...

1. The Miami-WVU bowl game had an impact on Harley, and NOT just the final score - Holgorsen's antics on the sideline left a (negative) impression on him and made him question his decision to re-commit

2. Harley's visit to Morgantown was REALLY bad - Lots of interesting stories coming out regarding last weekend's trip. Between the high school bball game, bad food, weather and lack of anything "fun" to do, Harley probably realized he was about to spend the next 3-4 years of his life there.

3. Richt and Dugans were patient and respectful the whole time - let the process play out and slowly let Harley figure things out on his own. Consultative selling is always the best way to win.

1. The Miami-WVU bowl game had an impact on Harley, and NOT just the final score - Holgorsen's antics on the sideline left a (negative) impression on him and made him question his decision to re-commit

2. Harley's visit to Morgantown was REALLY bad - Lots of interesting stories coming out regarding last weekend's trip. Between the high school bball game, bad food, weather and lack of anything "fun" to do, Harley probably realized he was about to spend the next 3-4 years of his life there.

3. Richt and Dugans were patient and respectful the whole time - let the process play out and slowly let Harley figure things out on his own. Consultative selling is always the best way to win.

I agree, think the Playmaker also had a little bit of influence in this also. Also think Harley's dad tweeting Bruce may have been an olive branch to Sieder because they had such a good relationship. Hey sorry we're about to diss you this late in the game but maybe I can help get Bruce kind of thing.

At the end of the day Dugans and Richt want him here and we need to support that. Kid has talent and hopefully he's growing from this experience.

Advertisement
I always felt that despite many of us on this board and in the fanbase "moving on" from Harley. the staff never moved on. They stayed on him. HurricaneACE's theory in combination with the the staff not being rooks i think has allowed us to still have a good chance in landing him.

Would welcome if he committed..if he goes to UiF then will look for his transfer and bad decision tweet in a couple years

The Harley bowl was taken out of context by the writer imo, even if so he backtracked that statement regardless. Not sure why anyone even brings that up

I agree, think the Playmaker also had a little bit of influence in this also. Also think Harley's dad tweeting Bruce may have been an olive branch to Sieder because they had such a good relationship. Hey sorry we're about to diss you this late in the game but maybe I can help get Bruce kind of thing.

At the end of the day Dugans and Richt want him here and we need to support that. Kid has talent and hopefully he's growing from this experience.

as much as i want to give harley the benefit of the doubt isn't it a little late for him to be flirting with a new school, UCLA. i know free trips are nice but in light of what has gone on with his recruitment it seems a bit unusual for him to take this visit at this stage.

The Harley bowl was taken out of context by the writer imo, even if so he backtracked that statement regardless. Not sure why anyone even brings that up

I thought that was more the writer as well...unless I missed something.

Advertisement

as much as i want to give harley the benefit of the doubt isn't it a little late for him to be flirting with a new school, UCLA. i know free trips are nice but in light of what has gone on with his recruitment it seems a bit unusual for him to take this visit at this stage.

I struggle with this too. I'm with Franchise on this, you take a visit you're open to flip or commit, you looking we looking. But I also understand a lot of these kids rarely get to leave home for another state. But in this case, given how his recruitment has gone, it probably would have been best for him to shut it down completely (for real this time) if he actually does know where he is going and skip the free trip (and UCLA seems like an obvious free trip to me).

He is still a tweener who got buttsore over us offering late, and worse the Gayturds not offering at all. Like AR15 said, these guys get rolled up first at practice. We'll see how he responds when it's all for real.

I'll accept this as a comment.

Advertisement
They have handled this thing terribly. Hopefully if the kid does sign with us, he ends up producing because normally when someone handles this process like this...........................
The recruiting process is a microscope that allows smart people to dissect character flaws that don't normally translate to success at the major P5 level.

If it was merely about stacking athletic talent then a team like Texas AM would be unstoppable on offense and wouldn't be losing 5 games per year. They wouldn't have a locker room full of 5 star cysts if they paid a little more attention to character.

SMH at all Harley's dyck riders in here still making lame excuses and inventing scenarios to justify the constant fckery from him and his old man. Meanwhile, he's still lining up visits and trying to finagle that late UF offer.

Bunch of simps. Sometimes, the answer is the simple one and not some convoluted triple reverse conspiracy.

Advertisement
Back